Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

Iamthesea, I agree with you. The IV stateroom appeared much more spacious on the video that featured the two guys, but that video was one of the earliest mockups. We too have a bed near the balcony, which isn’t my preference on M or S class, but perhaps I’ll feel differently on Edge. Regardless, we’re looking forward to our sailing on Edge:cool::cool:

This type situation is why we booked a week's Cruise in April 2019 and a TA in November. We'll have ample time to cancel the longer cruise on the slight chance we don't like the Edge after all. And we won't have to depend on the opinions of others to make that decision.

Clever thinking! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamthesea, I agree with you. The IV stateroom appeared much more spacious on the video that featured the two guys, but that video was one of the earliest mockups. We too have a bed near the balcony, which isn’t my preference on M or S class, but perhaps I’ll feel differently on Edge. Regardless, we’re looking forward to our sailing on Edge:cool::cool:

LOL We always book bed by the balcony on the Solstice class. We like that better. However, like you, we really wanted the bed by the bath for this stateroom.

vtcruising

- I cannot imagine that the scale would be off, but that will be awesome if it is! :D Otherwise, we will take what we can get. I sure wish the Sky Suites had the IV. We would probably consider upgrading. Final payment is coming up for our travel agent next month. I am mildly thinking about cancelling and finding a deal on another cruiseline. Save the Edge for another time.

I have a feeling that the travel agent walk-through video mentioned above is about 99% accurate as to the final product. Unfortunately I think that the design is very much form over function and the rooms may prove to be more of a miss than a hit with clients. Perhaps I will be proven wrong, but we could have another EPIC disaster (referring to the mostly unpopular NCL Epic cabin design) on our hands!!!!

LOL We always book bed by the balcony on the Solstice class. We like that better. However, like you, we really wanted the bed by the bath for this stateroom.

vtcruising

- I cannot imagine that the scale would be off, but that will be awesome if it is! :D Otherwise, we will take what we can get. I sure wish the Sky Suites had the IV. We would probably consider upgrading. Final payment is coming up for our travel agent next month. I am mildly thinking about cancelling and finding a deal on another cruiseline. Save the Edge for another time.

Yes, I can't imagine that it wasn't built to scale either, but it just didn't make sense after seeing the earlier video. I would rather have a traditional balcony so booked an aft S1 (and will probably book an SV thereafter, if we like the ship and Sky Suite prices don't go down), but am hoping that the IV's will be a success since about 69% of the cabins will have IV's. It is a cool concept - I can't wait to see one, as well as the rest of this unique ship! :D

Great idea! We alway pack magnets anyway, so I’m thinking a couple super lightweight survival blankets would do the trick.

Great. We pay top dollar for a cabin on a brand new high-tech ship and have to cart along blankets to block out the Sun. Just what I wanted to hear.

Edited by BosoxI

How do you know your cabin has a bed by the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great. We pay top dollar for a cabin on a brand new high-tech ship and have to cart along blankets to block out the Sun. Just what I wanted to hear.

Ummm I guess I forgot the winking emoji;) Did you see the comments about the blackout shade on the Infinite Veranda? Remember that none of us have been on this ship, so there’s a lot of speculation. Further, the putative lack of curtains for the bi-fold doors would only bother those who (a) need darkness to sleep, and (b) have a mate who wakes before dawn and likes to enjoy the dawn on the veranda.

How do you know your cabin has a bed by the balcony?

If you look at the deck plan, you’ll see little notched areas in each cabin. The bed is in the notch that juts into the adjacent cabin.

If you look at the deck plan, you’ll see little notched areas in each cabin. The bed is in the notch that juts into the adjacent cabin.

Think ours by the bathroom. Does not really matter- I am still excited! Just hope there are some drapes/black out though ;)

Think ours by the bathroom. Does not really matter- I am still excited! Just hope there are some drapes/black out though ;)

I’m still excited too. Can’t wait! Well, at least we know we’ll find a blackout shade for the Infinite Veranda window;)

BTW thanks to your question about how to find out the location of your bed, I looked at our deck plan again. I was thrilled to see that our bed is actually near the closet, not the veranda. I must have confused it with our recent cruise, on which the bed really was near the veranda;p Note to self, always have coffee and use eye drops before perusing deck plans. Of course, I’m placing a lot of trust in the Celebrity deck plans, which may be unwise lol.

This is probably the most accurate representation of what the Infinity veranda cabin will be like. Note the lack of curtains.... I wondered about this... not sure how well the blackout shades will work.... Also note how the folding doors go into the veranda area. I wish they showed the closet. Not sure where I am to sit to put on makeup... Storage seems limited... enough perhaps for 7 day cruise...but longer cruise... I miss the storage over the bed...like in S class. This guy has also done one of the sky suites... Which I have also attached. These are actual...physically mocked up cabins... so should be fairly representative of final cabin... note the veranda chairs... look like the ones you can see in some of the photos

Couple of quick observations. There is a small table/vanity that pulls out of the set of drawers. The problem is that where do I keep my makeup and stuff... to keep the room neat... If you keep the table pulled out... makes room a bit more crowded. I suspect you can still put suitcases under the bed. The sky suite appears to have curtains. Not exactly sure where the closet is in the suite... I assume it is along the wall next to the bed... but not clear. I like the chairs on the veranda in the suite.....

Couple of quick observations. There is a small table/vanity that pulls out of the set of drawers. The problem is that where do I keep my makeup and stuff... to keep the room neat... If you keep the table pulled out... makes room a bit more crowded. I suspect you can still put suitcases under the bed. The sky suite appears to have curtains. Not exactly sure where the closet is in the suite... I assume it is along the wall next to the bed... but not clear. I like the chairs on the veranda in the suite.....

It looks like there is a place for makeup and larger personal items next to the dresser (hair dryer, curling iron, etc.):

enhance

The bathroom's huge sink is nice, but I think I would rather have more counter space. Hopefully there is plenty of storage under the counter - looks like the usual cubbies around the sink (no, the guy is not included).

enhance

enhance

The Sky Suites have traditional verandas so would have curtains. That video is from early on so not sure if things have changed since it was made. Here are the closet locations for the Sky Suites (per a deck plan website):

S1 aft

enhance

S2:

enhance

S3:

enhance

I have only found the storage adequate in non-suite cabins on X, not generous, but hope that they will have more on the Edge, as promised. Hopefully, they are trying to make the cabins look clean and uncluttered in the pictures and videos and haven't included all the fixtures.

Thanks for posting the link to the IV cabin, Kearney. DW, who is usually the picky one, correctly says "Wait and see" but it sure looks cramped to me. I wonder if the bifold doors require the veranda chairs to be moved out of the way. I'm having second thoughts about all this, but we surely will keep our April 2019 cabin. That experience will govern our November TA. I really hope we're not disappointed, as we love the TAs. I can't wait for the first real passenger reviews to appear in December.

I agree that this would be a serious design fail! I’m usually out on the veranda long before DH wakes. I slip behind the drapes to the veranda to avoid awakening him, which would be impossible with the design you describe. UPDATE: DH says he’s not bothered, so I guess we’ll chill and wait for the initial reviews in December....

DH is the early riser in THIS family. and I agree, it would not really bother me. If it woke me up, I simply would turn over and pull the blanket over my head. So yes, will chill and wait for the first reviews to come out.

Kerney - You and I have the same concerns. See my post #23. :)

The bathroom's huge sink is nice, but I think I would rather have more counter space. Hopefully there is plenty of storage under the counter - looks like the usual cubbies around the sink (no, the guy is not included).

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...528893/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...528932/enhance

Seeing the open bathroom shelves (cubbies), I did a Google for some collapsible storage bins that I thought might fit nicely on those shelves. I don't like all of my stuff sitting out in plain site, not to mention that the smaller travel sized items are constantly being tossed around when the seas are rough. Preferred the glassed-in cabinets on the Solstice class.

Found the Honey-Can-Do Mini Non-Woven Foldable Cube, 6pk at Walmart. I picked the black fabric because they will match the accents in the bathroom. ;):DThe cubes are 7L x 5.75W x 7H. I can also use them on other cruiselines. https://express.google.com/u/0/product/13496295945166897319_15806555535532194971_8175035?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt,eid-ptgtgfeotu,4181971&utm_campaign=8175035

I have been looking at the Edge vs S class ships and I think the IV cabins will have a lot more glass and therefore more light, especially without curtains. I will try to add a few links to photos... hopefully they will work... but look at how much more window area there is with Edge and just how limited it is with S class ships. Not the best selection.. had trouble finding good shots.

Equinox:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/mobile/shippics.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox

Edge:

https://cruisefever.net/celebrity-cruises-new-cruise-ship-begins-sea-trials/

Just off Constellation, stateroom 7197, which was remodelled to be like the Infinite Veranda on Edge but only that bit. I’ll try to post photos later but I can say the travel agent walk through is pretty accurate. There has been two different types of furniture on the balcony bit on Constellation so don’t go thinking that is what will be onboard. We never shut the manual doors, loved the convenience of no heavy doors to open and it did make the room appear roomier. However I understand the shade issue. You cannot sit out without the shade going up. In fact I had to set an alarm so I didn’t sleep in as it got so dark!!

Wendy

Just off a fabulous back to back on Constellation. For the first cruise we booked this stateroom - it’s an Infinity Balcony - like the ones on the Edge and there is only one of these on the whole fleet - well except for those on the Edge!! They were trialling it out on Constellation and a lot of people didn’t believe it existed - some on Cruise Critic thought it was just for show! It’s classified as a C3 - room 7197 - and there is only one of them!

Basically the whole room feels a lot more open. The window comes down with a touch of a button - my mum could manage it. No need to close the shutters which could act like balcony doors. At night there is a blind which comes down, again with a touch of a button. Does make the room a lot darker when sleeping but definitely set an alarm so you don’t sleep in! I’ll try and answer any questions people have but just back yesterday and exhausted!

Oh and these are the second type of chairs I have seen in this room so don’t assume they will be like this on Edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off a fabulous back to back on Constellation. For the first cruise we booked this stateroom - it’s an Infinity Balcony - like the ones on the Edge and there is only one of these on the whole fleet - well except for those on the Edge!! They were trialling it out on Constellation and a lot of people didn’t believe it existed - some on Cruise Critic thought it was just for show! It’s classified as a C3 - room 7197 - and there is only one of them!

Basically the whole room feels a lot more open. The window comes down with a touch of a button - my mum could manage it. No need to close the shutters which could act like balcony doors. At night there is a blind which comes down, again with a touch of a button. Does make the room a lot darker when sleeping but definitely set an alarm so you don’t sleep in! I’ll try and answer any questions people have but just back yesterday and exhausted!

Oh and these are the second type of chairs I have seen in this room so don’t assume they will be like this on Edge.

Amazing experience and photos Wendy! So glad you liked your infinite veranda- interesting that the blind darkens the cabin so much. Can it be stopped halfway to closing? I will miss being able to peek out the drapes in the morning or at night to get a glimpse of what is going on outside the cabin.

Oh yes, you can control how much the shade goes down but like you I did miss peeking out!

Thanks so much for the info, Wendy!

You've answered a lot of questions. 😊

Thanks so much for the info, Wendy!

You've answered a lot of questions. [emoji4]

Happy to help! We will just have to wait till November till we see if they have changed much!