Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

Hey,  I wouldn't complain if they made mine a suite...fat chance

. .Main reason we moved was that bump out..did not like the location from the beginning  but that's all that we could get at time we booked.  So that is now history for us...

We hardly  ever move around but was a good move,  and was made before check in and luggage tag  issues could come into play.   

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, vtcruising said:

I checked the big box website and there are quite a few bed by bath AQ on your cruise on 9 - 9257 is port and the closest open AQ to the elevators. :classic_smile:

Can you cleverly name the big box website?  I'd love to see what's still open.  Just put in spaces and dot instead of the actual url.  Thanks.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:27 PM, Esprit said:

Blimey! It worked.

Not sure if it was. common knowledge that the night screen is next to the infinite balcony window rather than the fold back partition doors. It rolls down electronically too.

80ed9064-8d3f-45f6-9a48-9b51a2d8ccf2.jpg

My first reaction is why are we looking at pictures of the EDGE balcony furniture in a storage locker? 

Still not a fan of these blackout blinds at the balcony window/rail vs drapery at the cabin/balcony divider concept - totally reduces the functionality of the balcony space at certain times of day or night if traveling with a companion of any sort.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

My first reaction is why are we looking at pictures of the EDGE balcony furniture in a storage locker? 

Still not a fan of these blackout blinds at the balcony window/rail vs drapery at the cabin/balcony divider concept - totally reduces the functionality of the balcony space at certain times of day or night if traveling with a companion of any sort.

Must admit, it doesn't affect us but I can see that for many it could be a problem. I suppose Edge is going to be the ship that they look at and see what does / does not work and the other ships will be adapted afterwards.

We have booked an IV cabin and are not 100% sold on what we see, but am sure that we will have a great time ... well, fngers crossed that we do as it isn't a 'cheap' holiday / cruise !!

Doesn't look very comfy for 2 people at a time. His chair is right next to the wall and floor of the interior of the cabin.  We will have one  of these  closed in Verandas on our Jan 2019,  cruise but  most likely would  not book it  after that unless it is better in person.  Right now it looks like a little box...window has alot of seams or edges?????   Maybe a better choice for TAs and northern climate...

If we don't go AQ again, we'll miss BLU and Thermal suite perk...but can buy the pass, and do more of the Elite  breakfast and Specialty dining.....

Trying a SV in Nov 2019...That will have a big balcony we can compare to the Veranda...

It does look tight. VT ... we will have to measure and then compare to basic S Class balcony. While it looks narrow.... I suspect the width of the cabin is the same as S class.... about  1.5' wider than the length of a bed. If you look closely though the folding door is behind the chair.... the veranda might be larger than it looks... The piece of trim at the bottom of the page might not be trim at all... perhaps a bit of something covering the carpet. If you look at earlier photos of the veranda... it looks larger. 

But it will be more like sitting on a porch versus out in the breeze on a balcony. One poster commented on looking out at the railing.. Well there is not getting around that... they are not going to have a below regulation balcony height to make a better view while sitting ... and they can't anyway if you want the window to fully retract. 

We will have to see how well the final veranda compares to the floor plans. I figure the veranda has to have a depth of about 5'.. this is a rough guess looking at one of the floor plans which shows a plank flooring... if each plank is 6" in with... then the depth works out to 5'.... backing out width from 42sq ft... the with is about 8.5'... which seems about right... anyway... bringing a tape measure to see how good the guess is.

As per Celebrity brochure

EDGE AQ  :    cabin......202 sq ft      veranda,.........42 sq ft

S CLASS:       cabin,.....194 sq ft       balcony,........54 sq ft

(Reflection)

The enclosed EDGE AQ  Veranda is smaller than the outdoor S Class AQ balcony,

Maybe that's why it looks smaller!

Another thought...

It  looks like the regular stateroom  outdoor balconies on EDGE are same size as the enclosed EDGE Verandas...  Our SV Veranda will be larger!

I realize, we'll all be out and about enjoying  EDGE, but our Staterooms may feel tighter...esp with the bigger beds..and pull out desks

Edited by hcat

What is nice about IV is that the 42 sqft veranda, while less than S class.... is all usable space. While my DH goes out on the veranda quite a bit... I only do so to look out for a bit. Having this space as part of the cabin is better for a non sun worshipper like me. I got a bad burn sitting out on a cloudy day... after forgetting to put sunscreen on my face. Really took the joy out of sitting there. I think many will not like the IV for the very reason I think I will..... less exposure.... more like sitting on a porch... tucked in a bit... less impacted by reflective sun... although there is still the risk of assuming less risk :)... I will still wear sunscreen

On 10/27/2018 at 9:49 PM, hcat said:

As per Celebrity brochure

EDGE AQ  :    cabin......202 sq ft      veranda,.........42 sq ft

S CLASS:       cabin,.....194 sq ft       balcony,........54 sq ft

(Reflection)

The enclosed EDGE AQ  Veranda is smaller than the outdoor S Class AQ balcony,

Maybe that's why it looks smaller!

So when we add this up, the EDGE is 244 sq ft in total, and the S class is 248 sq ft in total.

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

So when we add this up, the EDGE is 244 sq ft in total, and the S class is 248 sq ft in total.

Yup.,.,similar overall size...wonder how the bathroms and closets compare...waiting for Vt to measure it all

Kearney,  I concede that the Enclosed Veranda (EV)  is more flexible space...Just wish AQ  class had a choice of style,.,..we'd mostly cruise the Carib these days so we'd pick reg  outside balc...Either way....it'll work!