Cruise Critic Community
KitKatKisses

Liberty of the Seas: A Short Film

Hello All,

Not new here...just a new profile! :)

Although we have enjoyed all the various travel videos about the ships posted on YouTube, my son wanted to create something a bit different. To that end, he tried to achieve a cinematic feel within a two minute "film". The Liberty encountered extraordinarily calm waters in the Gulf of Mexico last week, and you can see that in the opening scenes.

By the way, this was our 3rd cruise in 3 years...we have transformed from a non-cruising family to a cruise loving family. Happy to answer any questions about Liberty, Freedom, or the Ruby Princess to Alaska.

Thanks in advance for watching. My son is 15.

Hello All,

Not new here...just a new profile! :)

Although we have enjoyed all the various travel videos about the ships posted on YouTube, my son wanted to create something a bit different. To that end, he tried to achieve a cinematic feel within a two minute "film". The Liberty encountered extraordinarily calm waters in the Gulf of Mexico last week, and you can see that in the opening scenes.

By the way, this was our 3rd cruise in 3 years...we have transformed from a non-cruising family to a cruise loving family. Happy to answer any questions about Liberty, Freedom, or the Ruby Princess to Alaska.

Thanks in advance for watching. My son is 15.

Way to go Parker! Excellent job.

Great film. If you can create something on this level at 15, you have a bright future in cinematography.

Edited by Tillie43
Spelling

Great job, we will be on her in four weeks and this reminded us how much we like this ship.

cinematography was so effective, well done to you Parker for taking the time to post this I really enjoyed watching it.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to watch and comment. I have shared all of your comments with my son--your encouragement means the world to him.

He wasn't quite satisfied with it...there was footage he couldn't quite get due to drone restrictions and other people around...but he enjoyed making it.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to watch and comment. I have shared all of your comments with my son--your encouragement means the world to him.

He wasn't quite satisfied with it...there was footage he couldn't quite get due to drone restrictions and other people around...but he enjoyed making it.

Great eye for detail! What camera set up was he using? I assume a newer GoPro. Well done!

Great eye for detail! What camera set up was he using? I assume a newer GoPro. Well done!

Thanks! His main film camera is a Nikon D3300, on manual. He also has an old Canon that is for still photos only (no video). (I think it's a 5D). He does not use kit lenses.

He has a GoPro but is never impressed with the image quality.

His 16th birthday is this fall so we may get him something else to add to his collection.