Captain on Divina

suzyed

• 1 month later...
Who is the current Captain on Divina?

I believe it is Stefano Battinelli. We board 9/9/18 and I just got an email from him.

I am Captain Stefano Battinelli and I will be the Master in command of MSC Divina for your upcoming cruise. Welcome to the MSC family. I say that because MSC really is a family. Whilst I started my career with another cruise company back in 1998, when I joined MSC Cruises last year I immediately felt how MSC is a family. I am immensely proud to be part of it.

I am sure you will feel the pride that the crew and I have in being part of MSC during your cruise with us.

MSC Divina is very special to all of us at MSC Cruises. The ship was named after the Godmother of all our ships, Sofia Loren, who is affectionately known as ’La Divina‘. And like her, our ship is a true beauty.

There is such a variety of venues and activities on MSC Divina. I would encourage you to take a look around now on our website, so once you are on board you will already be familiar with all the wonderful bars, restaurants and other incredible facilities. I also urge you to reserve them now, so you can make the most of your precious vacation time.

While myself and the other Officers are focused on your safety and security, the Hotel Director, the Cruise Director and the Chief Engineer will be looking after your comfort and entertainment. I have no doubt they will provide you with the superb service you expect from us.

On behalf of all my crew, I would like to welcome you as a new member of the MSC Voyagers Club. I hope that you will get chance to meet some of the other loyal members on board, plenty of whom have been cruising with us for many years and have become familiar faces.

I look forward to seeing you all on MSC Divina soon.

With warm wishes,

Captain Stefano Battinelli

Likely to be changed by December Bob.
Hi Dave, how do you find out the present captains? The information on MSC's website is woefully out of date! Bob

ps - Not that it will really effect my cruise, just wondering.

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 7:43 AM, CTBob said:

Hi Dave, how do you find out the present captains? The information on MSC's website is woefully out of date! Bob

ps - Not that it will really effect my cruise, just wondering.

Did you get your email letter from the Captain yet?  It is Stefano Aiello

13 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Not yet, but you're leaving before I am.  I've never heard anything about him, have you?  Bob

46 minutes ago, CTBob said:

Not yet, but you're leaving before I am.  I've never heard anything about him, have you?  Bob

Here is what the email said.  He has been with the company for 20 years working his way up.

I am Captain Stefano Aiello and I will be the Master in command of MSC Divina for your upcoming cruise. Welcome to the MSC family. I have been part of this family since 1998, starting my career in the cargo division as a Deck Cadet. A few years later I transferred to the cruise division where I completed my career path up to the rank of Captain.
spacer.gif
StefanoAiello.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
During all these years I have seen the company grow to what it is today, with such a modern fleet filled with state-of-the-art technology. I have also had the pleasure to be part of the launch teams for many of the new vessels that joined the fleet between 2006 and 2013. 

Once on board you will feel our family atmosphere through the service and kindness of the crew. I hope you admire the beauty of our ship, taste the flavors of our food and enjoy seeing so many beautiful places. 

There is such a variety of venues and activities on MSC Divina. I would encourage you to take a look around now on our website, so once you are on board you will already be familiar with all the wonderful bars, restaurants and other incredible facilities. I also urge you to reserve them now, so you can make the most of your precious vacation time.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
While myself and the other Officers are focused on your safety and security, the Hotel Director, the Cruise Director and the Chief Engineer will be looking after your comfort and entertainment. I have no doubt they will provide you with the superb service you expect from us.
spacer.gif
On behalf of all my crew, I would like to personally thank you for your dedication to cruising. Black-level members of the MSC Voyagers Club are our most special guests on board and I do hope that we get the chance to meet. Mushirah Hassenjee Timol is committed to looking after you and other members. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
I look forward to seeing you all on MSC Divina soon. 

With warm wishes,
spacer.gif

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

When you're on board could you relay back whether Ziggy is the Hotel Director and if so when he will leave?

• 4 weeks later...