2020... planning ahead, with uncertainties

Kierste

Hi all, just got off the Spirit... so of course I need another cruise booked. Dd is going to be a HS freshman in the fall, and would like to cruise for her senior trip. As 2020 itineraries are being released now, I realized it won’t be long and 2022 will be released in the grand scheme of things!

So in 18 months or so when 2022 starts coming out, I will want to jump on it so I can get the ship (she wants a big ship), itinerary (Caribbean or Mexican Riviera) and rooms I want (would love an aft facing balcony or mini suite, with an inside across the hall.) Here is the catch... she wants to bring a friend. Hence the inside very nearby. But you know how girls are, and high school girls. Just because she has had a bestie since 4th grade, doesn’t mean they will still be besties in 4 more years. And what if the 1st choice parent says no... I can’t take their kid out of the country? Then I need a back up kid... can I book a room and change names at a later date? I know worst case scenario I will be out of luck after final payment (120 days now?) But between now and then, is it kosher to change names? Both girls will be 18 whether we end up going over spring break or in June after grad. I can put them in a room right? Don’t need to change the ressies to make a parent in each room? :confused:

Anyone with this experience? And yes, I know Dd is spoiled. But I budget and plan, and that is why I will be booking as soon as I can so I can pay it off over time. TIA...

You can definitely change names on a reservation very late in the game. We sailed with a friend back in February, had his "roommate" cancel on him pretty last minute for his inside room, so he got another friend to fill in on pretty short notice.

But you cannot have two 18-year-olds in a room by themselves.

Thanks... I know I can book DH with one kiddo and me with the other, and flip around... have seen and heard this done. So unless I decide to get a larger suite, that is what we will likely do. The suite may make more sense with the perks, but not the price! :eek:

Thanks... I know I can book DH with one kiddo and me with the other, and flip around... have seen and heard this done. So unless I decide to get a larger suite, that is what we will likely do. The suite may make more sense with the perks, but not the price! :eek:

Just make sure that the adults are person #1 on each reservation, the youngster will then both get the soda package (IF THOSE PERKS ARE STILL BEING OFFERED)