Celebrity Solstice Chefs table

Whoey

Hi,

Is there a Chef's table style of small group, exclusive gastronomical extravaganza available on the Solstice for a set fee?

Thanks!

We did the Chef's table while we were on Solstice last month. The evening included champagne and appetizers in Cellar Masters, followed by a galley tour, and then dinner in the private room in Murano with wine pairing. It was, if I remember correctly, $279/couple.

Thanks for the information.

How did you book it and how many people were there?

You can speak with pretty much anyone who works in the specialty restaurants. Alternatively, if you are in a suite, speak with the MCC.

For our most recent table, there were 7 guests and 1 officer. Previously, we have had as many as 8 guests and 2 officers, for a total of 10 at the table.

We did the Chef's table while we were on Solstice last month. The evening included champagne and appetizers in Cellar Masters, followed by a galley tour, and then dinner in the private room in Murano with wine pairing. It was, if I remember correctly, $279/couple.

This is what it cost us on Equinox back in 2012. With it you received a 50 pound cook book that you had to haul back home. I understand you can get it for a lesser price if you tell them to "stick" the cook book.

If you are interested, check with the Maitre'D in Murano when you board.

P.S. We had dinner in Murano one evening prior to the Chef's Table and was very disappointed because most of the courses on the Murano menu were on the Chef's Table menu. The Chef's Table menu is supposed to be "special." Except for the wine, we could have just eaten in Murano for muc less. I learned later that one couple complained about this and received a refund.

We were disappointed in our experience with the Chef's Table. The food was the exact same as on the Murano menu and it was clear that the officer (an engineer) would have rather been elsewhere. The wine was better than what is on the Premium Package however they were stingy with it.

Thanks for the info here. We've been very tempted to book a chef's table experience, but hearing that the menu features primarily the menu available in Murano + wine and a cookbook, I can't see it justifying the large additional cost. I've got a whole library of cookbooks and don't need another. I think we'll just continue dining in Murano and enjoying it!

While we have the cookbook from years ago, we have not been offered, or received one at our last several Chef's tables. The menu has been independent from that of Murano, and they were never stingy with the wine. IMO, they have been overly generous with the wine when we have dined at the CT, even asking me if we would like another bottle of this or that opened.

As people have said on other threads, food is subjective. We enjoy the CT and try to participate in one every time we sail.

They used to discount the meal if you did not want the cookbook. It is my understanding that they no longer give the cookbook but the price has not been reduced. We did a CT about 4 times. The last time it was the Murano's menu. One time they were stingy with the wine pours. You can ask to see the menu before booking the table.

We did the chef`s table on this ship earlier this year. It was our 7th Chef`s table and by far the poorest offering. A very over priced dinner hosted by the chief of security. The chef seemed very disinterested and tired of this event in general. We will never attend another one on CC.

This is what it cost us on Equinox back in 2012. With it you received a 50 pound cook book that you had to haul back home. I understand you can get it for a lesser price if you tell them to "stick" the cook book.

If you are interested, check with the Maitre'D in Murano when you board.

P.S. We had dinner in Murano one evening prior to the Chef's Table and was very disappointed because most of the courses on the Murano menu were on the Chef's Table menu. The Chef's Table menu is supposed to be "special." Except for the wine, we could have just eaten in Murano for muc less. I learned later that one couple complained about this and received a refund.

We did the chef's table on the Summit two years ago. It was 9 of us and 2 officers. The conversation with the officers and the wives was interesting. The men all got drunk and were into who's tool is the biggest, if you know what IO mean. They were insufferable and I walked away happy to be divorced. The meal was identical to the Murano menu. Not something I would do again for that price (and no cookbook was offered). We did each get a rose and a group picture.

We did this on Reflection in 2016 and were very disappointed. Food was okay, my husband, who is allergic to seafood was given one piece of asparagus cut in half as a substitute for the scallop appetizer.....it didn't get a lot better from there unfortunately.

The wine was good, we received no cookbook and won't do it again.

We would have been much happier just going to Luminae instead....

We attended a Chef's Table on Oasis of the Seas prior to this one and it was wonderful....so much more elegant and interesting.....would love to do that one again some time.( oh...and we got a cook book too...and it was just about half the price of Celebrity's)

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, stah1mr said:

I know this thread is a little old but I've been trying to find out what day(s) the Chef's Table is done and what time(s).  Thanks!

They will announce the date and time on board ship.  😊

5 hours ago, stah1mr said:

I know this thread is a little old but I've been trying to find out what day(s) the Chef's Table is done and what time(s).  Thanks!

It's been a while, but I think the Maitre'd in Murano on the S-Class ships set up the the Chef's Table.  You might want to ask in Tuscan when you board an M-Class ship.  🍷