Symphony ...meal with an officer.

PH8

As a perk,some C &A members get a meal with an officer.

Wondered if anyone has experienced that yet on Symphony.

Each ship seems to do it a bit differently.

What can you tell me about how Symphony does it?

Thanks!

It is not just based on C&A status.

I was Gold and my SO was on her first cruise, and we got invited to dine with the Staff Captain on Grandeur.

We were in a GS though.

It is not just based on C&A status.

I was Gold and my SO was on her first cruise, and we got invited to dine with the Staff Captain on Grandeur.

We were in a GS though.

No.it is a perk for those with 350(?) points.

It is usually a breakfast or lunch.

This is not about dinner with the Captain or such.

Nor is this about the Pinnacle meal they get.

Maybe nothing?

Hi Kathy - I would be surprised if there was no 350 and up meal with an officer considering it is a listed perk. I suspect, and as you noted, it is likely a breakfast or lunch. We find that the meal is generally on the last ( or near the last ) sea day.

Marci

A friend with many, many RCCI cruises related this story to me.

He and his wife were having coffee and a young female officer approached them and asked about their cruise, their background, etc. After a short conversation she asked if they would be interested in dining with the Captain? Seems part of her job was to interview likely candidates and select table mates for the Captain. She was looking for interesting passengers who were outgoing and wanted to avoid those who might embarrass the Captain.

My friend says they are often invited to the Captain's table. He thinks that ships exchange information on suitable passengers and once you get on the list, you get invites often.

A friend with many, many RCCI cruises related this story to me.

He and his wife were having coffee and a young female officer approached them and asked about their cruise, their background, etc. After a short conversation she asked if they would be interested in dining with the Captain? Seems part of her job was to interview likely candidates and select table mates for the Captain. She was looking for interesting passengers who were outgoing and wanted to avoid those who might embarrass the Captain.

My friend says they are often invited to the Captain's table. He thinks that ships exchange information on suitable passengers and once you get on the list, you get invites often.

Again,this was not about dinner with the Captain. I know all about that and all about the Pinnacle meals. Been there,done that with both.

This is a listed PERK for those with 340 credits or more(on a 7 night or longer cruise).

Directly from C&A.

*****Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points*****

I was merely asking for someone going on SY in a few weeks.

Thanks Pat and Marci!!!!

What is the big deal about it?:confused:

We would not want to dine with some strage RCI employee.....Captain or not...:rolleyes:

You meet some very interesting people while enjoying this perk. I recently met a lady HR officer who had started a new career in her 50's, it was her first contract and she loved it. She had never had been on a ship before. I thought she was very brave to start on something so different. She made an excellent lunch companion.

Hope you find what you are looking for Kathy.(yn)

Ok..found out from a staff member( from SY), they do not offer this. Due in fact,very few high level cruisers on the European cruises.

I suspect when Symphony comes over to the US, the process might change.

We had only 15 passengers at that level (including Pinnacle) on a recent Majesty 5 night cruise and were treated to a very nice luncheon with the Captain, Hotel Director, Loyalty Ambassador and Food & Beverage Director.

I am surprised to read that European cruises have few high level C&A. The European cruises we have taken on RCCL or Celerity are filled with high level loyalty members.

M

You meet some very interesting people while enjoying this perk. I recently met a lady HR officer who had started a new career in her 50's, it was her first contract and she loved it. She had never had been on a ship before. I thought she was very brave to start on something so different. She made an excellent lunch companion.

Hope you find what you are looking for Kathy.(yn)

I guess if you are interested in this.... OK... :)

Ok..found out from a staff member( from SY), they do not offer this. Due in fact,very few high level cruisers on the European cruises.

Not sure about the Symphony, but on our recent Brilliance British Isles cruise, there were only 9 or so Pinnacle members and all were invited to a special lunch with senior staff (Hotel Director, Food and Beverage Manager, Chief Housekeeper, Loyalty Ambassador etc) in the Chef's Table

That makes no sense to me, I would think that would make it easier for them to have one. Now maybe if they had several hundred on board they might not be able to accommodate everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums