Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I'm sure there are tons of CC posters collecting MyVegas Rewards. I'm confused by the terms, and I'm hoping someone here can clarify.

 

I want to redeem 50,000 (of my 450,000) Reward Points for $100 OBC. The terms state:

 

"Reward must be redeemed within 30 days of a new cruise reservation booking." And then they give you a two-week window to redeem the reward.

 

That doesn't make sense to me. I booked my cruise (T-23 days!) months ago. If I redeemed for the reward within 30 days of making my booking, I wouldn't have been able to redeem it before sailaway! If I wait until 2 weeks before sailaway, I'll be months past the 30-day window.

 

I've sent email to MyVegas, but it's been unanswered. Help me, CruiseCritic Message Boards! You're my only hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I redeemed for $100 onboard credit within 30 days of booking my cruise. My cruise is on Harmony in April 2019. They sent me a letter telling me they were adding it and every day when I check my cruise details it is still on there, But I think the important part in redeeming the MyVegas reward is within the 30 days of booking regardless of when your cruise departs. That's how I understood it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice is just try it. If you can't use it, they will let you know and you can "undo" the purchase of the OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like cha said, the rule is it has to be redeemed for a cruise that was booked no more than 30 days before redemption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So weird... I tried starting a new thread (kinda) on this topic, but it doesn't show up, so I'll just reply to this one with my new situation:

I want to book today with Costco Travel. They're honoring the RCL BOGO 60% + Cyber Monday promo price. Can I redeem my LP for the 10% discount reward and apply the discount to this booking as well? I've read some conflicting postings on whether or not My Vegas rewards can be used on bookings made under a RCL promo price. That would kind of diminish the value, as the promos are invariably better than the 10% discount for 200,000 LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I've read some conflicting postings on whether or not My Vegas rewards can be used on bookings made under a RCL promo price. That would kind of diminish the value, as the promos are invariably better than the 10% discount for 200,000 LP.

  

I've yet been able to use My Vegas rewards on a cruise due to being on promotional prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying my hardest to get my balance up to the 50,000 before I hit my 30 day mark. I’m currently at like 33,000. Hubby thinks I’m nuts logging into all the apps. And collecting all my bonuses every couple hours! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

So weird... I tried starting a new thread (kinda) on this topic, but it doesn't show up, so I'll just reply to this one with my new situation:

I want to book today with Costco Travel. They're honoring the RCL BOGO 60% + Cyber Monday promo price. Can I redeem my LP for the 10% discount reward and apply the discount to this booking as well? I've read some conflicting postings on whether or not My Vegas rewards can be used on bookings made under a RCL promo price. That would kind of diminish the value, as the promos are invariably better than the 10% discount for 200,000 LP.

You can only use MyVegas rewards on cruises booked through RC. You can't use it when using a travel agent. Once you attach a MyVegas reward to it, it becomes a Royal Caribbean Crown Royale Casino booking and any changes you make to the reservation have to go through the casino department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, ProvoAggie said:

You can only use MyVegas rewards on cruises booked through RC. You can't use it when using a travel agent. Once you attach a MyVegas reward to it, it becomes a Royal Caribbean Crown Royale Casino booking and any changes you make to the reservation have to go through the casino department.

I have added myvegas rewards to past cruises booked thru a travel agent.  Never had a problem doing that as long as it was within the 30 days of booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I have added myvegas rewards to past cruises booked thru a travel agent.  Never had a problem doing that as long as it was within the 30 days of booking.

JBSteeler Fan, how did you add the myvegas rewards OBC to your cruise purchased through travel agent? Directly with RC Club Royale?  Or with the travel agent?  Also, do you know if both people in the cabin can redeem?  My husband and I both have myvegas account 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That changed this year. I cashed in Myvegas points for $250.00 obc last winter and I used a 3rd party booking company.

Now RC wants you to book through them to get Myvegas credits. I checked pricing with RC and  myvegas credits. I still paid less with my booking company for my upcoming Balcony suite. My drink package this time just got very expensive LOL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Traveller69 said:

That changed this year. I cashed in Myvegas points for $250.00 obc last winter and I used a 3rd party booking company.

Now RC wants you to book through them to get Myvegas credits. I checked pricing with RC and  myvegas credits. I still paid less with my booking company for my upcoming Balcony suite. My drink package this time just got very expensive LOL

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked our March, 2019 cruise in June of 2018.  Cashed in 50K of MyVegas credits for 100 OBC.   Called RCI at the end of June, 2018 to add the credit and they did.  About 3 weeks ago, I used that credit towards a drink package.  The OBC does not go away and you will not lose it even though your cruise isn't within a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ttprincess1226 said:

JBSteeler Fan, how did you add the myvegas rewards OBC to your cruise purchased through travel agent? Directly with RC Club Royale?  Or with the travel agent?  Also, do you know if both people in the cabin can redeem?  My husband and I both have myvegas account 

Thanks!

 

When you redeem the reward, you will get an email with instructions on what to do.  If I remember correctly, you will email ClubRoyale and they will process the reward for the OBC.  Took just a couple of days and it was in our cruise planner.  I just recently did this a couple of months ago for a cruise we are taking next month.  

 

As far as 2 redemptions, I haven't tried that, but have read that others have had success in doing it.  Can't hurt to give it a try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been able to use the money off a cruise and the obc no matter who I booked through. Those are the easiest ways to use the points as they can be applied to any booking. I just use the website to do it and it has always shown up on board. The only problem is if your travel agent gives you a discount based on price, using the money off your cruise can take down the value of the discounts they offer you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we were on the Harmony this past February we booked two cruises for February 2019. I was able to get one $50.00 obc for one cruise and $100.00 obc for the other. I sent all the information while I was on our cruise. We were on the Serenade in November and booked the Brilliance for this month and was able to get $100.00 obc, no problem. All the cruises went to my TA.

 

I booked one with my TA for June 2019 this past August and sent in for obc and it was denied saying I had to book through ClubRoyale. I have heard others booking through a TA and had no problem in using their MyVegas points. 

 

It doesn’t hurt to try. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 10:06 AM, Traveller69 said:

That changed this year. I cashed in Myvegas points for $250.00 obc last winter and I used a 3rd party booking company.

Now RC wants you to book through them to get Myvegas credits. I checked pricing with RC and  myvegas credits. I still paid less with my booking company for my upcoming Balcony suite. My drink package this time just got very expensive LOL

 

This is not correct. I just booked a cruise for a friend. Once booked, he just emailed Casino Royal to apply the OBC. No problem at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 10:35 AM, SirRedman said:

  

I've yet been able to use My Vegas rewards on a cruise due to being on promotional prices.

The reward very clearly states it can be combined with all discounts with the exception of groups and casino offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to redeem 2 rewards (100bc - 2 accounts) for one booking last month - booked directly on royal caribbean website.  im currenly waiting for them to to apply 100obc for my mom's booking but don't think it'll since she booked it with travel agent (membership only store where I would buy 20lbs of ketchup for a family of 2 bc it's cheap =P)

 

Reward Terms and Conditions


Must be redeemed within 30 days of a new cruise reservation. Limited to sail dates within one year of redemption. Reward is applicable to new individual bookings only and is subject to verification. Only valid for new reservations made through Royal Caribbean
Reservations at clubroyale@rccl.com. Not available for reservations made through online travel sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Love.NCL said:

im currenly waiting for them to to apply 100obc for my mom's booking but don't think it'll since she booked it with travel agent (membership only store where I would buy 20lbs of ketchup for a family of 2 bc it's cheap =P)

Can you post here when you figure out whether this works or not? I have enough points to redeem for an OBC certificate but my reservation is with the same ketchup store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to redeem 100 OBC having booked through a travel agent and they said i was part of a group and therefore ineligible. I saved more than the 100 booking through the TA, but it was still kind of a bummer. Definitely something I will consider in the future when booking since i have a bunch of unused myvegas points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting for a reply.  I sent it Sunday morning and got a auto reply right away.  I never had to wait more than 24hrs for a confirmation and obc applied to my cruise planner.... i'll report back as soon as i get a reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm trying to use the 50,000 points for the $100 OBC. I sent the email to Club Royale with the redemption code. I also sent the email for the $100 shareholder credit and got that back within a day. .  I used a TA to book.  Will I get it My Vegas OBC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...