Guess what's early this year? (Juneau & Southeast)

Breathtaking! I can hardly wait for our cruise in September. Hoping we can catch a glimpse of the Aurora the night after we leave Juneau on our way to Glacier Bay. Thanks for the post.

Look days, way before you "leave Juneau".

Pretty amazing. I would be interested in what time local the pix were taken. we will be in Fairbanks next May and I'm always monitoring the activity reports. Thanks so much for posting.

It could be dusk or dawn. I have several photos I've take of a sunset with the aurora out of Fairbanks. In May in Fairbanks, chances are about zero of seeing aurora.

It could be dusk or dawn. I have several photos I've take of a sunset with the aurora out of Fairbanks. In May in Fairbanks, chances are about zero of seeing aurora.
How true but sad because when we will be there, daylight is 19h10m and civil twilight is 4h50m. There is simply no nautical or astronomical twilight. https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fairbanks

a friend took the picture. we started seeing the haze around 945pm, so this may have been closer to 1030ish.

Aurora are hard to predict. They may suddenly appear and give us an amazing 10 minute show, then vanish. Or we will be waiting until 2am to see them.