Cruise Critic Community
littlemeagain

Would you book an 11:45AM flight out of Rome?

We are sailing on the Epic R/T from Rome. We are also in the Haven with priority disembarkation. If we carry off our own bags and have the shuttle reserved, can we reasonably make our 11:45AM flight? When I called NCL they said we would definitely be off the ship by 8:00AM. I understand that it is close to an hour drive to get to the airport. Thoughts?...

I'm another one who wouldn't book anything earlier than 1:00. Just too many things that could delay you, plus the uncertainty of airport security lines. I wouldn't want the stress to ruin the last day of my vacation.

We are sailing on the Epic R/T from Rome. We are also in the Haven with priority disembarkation. If we carry off our own bags and have the shuttle reserved, can we reasonably make our 11:45AM flight? When I called NCL they said we would definitely be off the ship by 8:00AM. I understand that it is close to an hour drive to get to the airport. Thoughts?...

If you have a private shuttle and off by 8:00 AM , you should be at the airport by 9:00 AM without a problem. If you are using a SHARED shuttle and the driver is waiting for his Van to be full with people who have later departure times, you could be in trouble. I have been driven by private car/van in as little as 40 minutes. Most of that was driven at speeds exceeding 120 kilometers, fortunately, I did not wet my pants !

I worried about the same thing as the only good flight combos were in the morning. Last year want got the early shuttle to the airport but we had a reservation at the Hilton at the airport. Room was ready so we put luggage in and then went down and took their free shuttle to downtown Rome. Spent a few hours walking around, then got back on free shuttle back to Hilton and had a nice relaxing night until the next morning when we walked from lobby to terminal next door. Yes, I hate stressing on timing.