Door decorations?

newcruiser58

Wow! Seems like most posters in this thread agree that this is a non issue. But along with the official HAL "passenger dress code supervisor" on Gala Nights; you are hereby nominated as "passenger door decoration fire safety supervisor." Congratulations!:')

You even managed to insert politics ....somehow...into the conversation. Cool story Bro!:rolleyes:

The times ........they are a'changing. Multi-tasking keeps the brain flexible.

We cruised over Easter, multi-generational, and I purchased seven magnetic wipe off boards for all the family members' cabins. It was a great way to 'decorate ' for the Holiday, as we posted 'Happy Easter' along with some ( not so good ) artwork. Better yet, it was a great way to communicate - we would write 'Good Morning' to let the grandkids know we were awake and ready for visitors! It allowed us to meet up with others in our family by writing a quick note on the door to let them know where we were heading off to.

I found these magnetic boards at a dollar type store and they each came with two magnets that came in handy inside the cabins as well.

My suggestion is to do whatever makes your cruise more enjoyable for you!

We did the same last October, had a dry erase board to leave messages for our two teen children. Worked perfectly. Plus made finding our cabins so easy [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T377W using Forums mobile app

I’ve rarely seen door decorations on HAL cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done subtle door decorations for several years - mostly the "gel clings" since they peel off easily & don't damage the door. I actually had a couple across from me who kept their door cracked one AM because they wanted to meet the "flower lady". They do give me a hint about how far down the hall I am from the elevators, easy to identify my door for the first few days. I see other decorated doors for holidays, birthdays, etc.

Sometimes, I think that certain people project their personal irritations onto someone/something else. Holland America puts balloons outside cabins if they know there is a celebration. I am sure whatever you put on your door will be tasteful. It may even make people smile, and that is a bonus!!

Sometimes, I think that certain people project their personal irritations onto someone/something else. Holland America puts balloons outside cabins if they know there is a celebration. I am sure whatever you put on your door will be tasteful. It may even make people smile, and that is a bonus!!

Good!

And, HAL allows you to purchase a celebration package with balloons and have them on the door.

Good!

And, HAL allows you to purchase a celebration package with balloons and have them on the door.

No mention of "balloons on the door", but you can purchase various in-cabin celebration packages that include balloons and flowers - $30 -50 dollars.

Yes they certainly do, much to my DH's chagrin :D (He doesn't like people knowing he has done another trip around the sun ;) ) That has happened to him several times :D

Amen!

sometimes, i think that certain people project their personal irritations onto someone/something else. Holland america puts balloons outside cabins if they know there is a celebration. I am sure whatever you put on your door will be tasteful. It may even make people smile, and that is a bonus!!

I didn't realize this topic would be so polarizing!

My Father-in-law is in his 80's and I really believe it will make it easier for him to identify the rooms. That's really the only reason for it. We are celebrating their 60th anniversary and I have ordered the anniversary package with balloons and flowers.

The decorations would be minimal - 5 letters on one door and 4 on the other. I wasn't sure if magnets would work, but if they will that would be preferable.

I can't imagine the color bleeding from a window cling. Maybe those "gel" clings, but not the plastic window clings. If magnets will work then I could just make my own out of paper.

and BTW - they are in 7048 and we are in 7049 on the Zaandam - opposite sides of the ship. Not next to each other.

I say feel free, hang a door sign, it’s your cruise! I do put a cruise critic door sign on my door, and several friends do as well. It makes it easy for us to find each other’s cabins! I don’t think magnets work, I just laminated our signs, (we re-use, re-pack for the next trip) and we stick them to the door with painters tape so they aren’t messy to get off again. No one has ever told us not to, and it’s tons easier to locate each other’s cabins! Have fun! Kathi

I have made a sign or something for almost every cruise I have been on and I know lots of other people that do too. Our last cruise I didn't get around to making one and my husband bugged me about it almost every time we went to the room. Said he couldn't find it. He thought I shouldn't do it the first time. It is usually just a 12 x 12 paper decorated with die cuts and the name of the cruise.

Do what you want. If people don't like it, they don't have to look at it. I've had plenty of people thank me for having it as it helped them locate their room.

Have fun!!

His BD, which is the completion or start of another trip around the sun ;)

Every time dh talks about not wanting to be reminded of birthdays I quote him Statler and Waldorf the old hecklers from the Muppets,

" Old... it sure beats dead! " :D;p

Every time dh talks about not wanting to be reminded of birthdays I quote him Statler and Waldorf the old hecklers from the Muppets,

" Old... it sure beats dead! " :D;p

LOL :D DH doesn't like to have a "fuss" made about his birthday, and balloons on the cabin door are "fuss". He doesn't complain about his birthdays, just "no public show please".

When we traveled with our family of 10 we used to put a small dry erase board on our door to post where we were. Sometimes another passenger would add something for fun.:D:D Now we use our cell phones for messages.

I appreciate other people's decorations as it helps me find our room. Playing is good!