Cruise Critic Community
watertraveler

Daniel's Head

I've read some conflicting reports about the beach area at Daniel's Head. Some say it is a lovely, quiet area where the locals go to swim, picnic and see turtles.

Others say the beach is littered with glass and it is dirty.

Still others say that there are bathrooms and changing rooms, as well as a snack shack and several local vendors.

Help! Hs anyone been there recently and can you verify how the beach is? Bathrooms? Snack shack?

Thank you!

I've read some conflicting reports about the beach area at Daniel's Head. Some say it is a lovely, quiet area where the locals go to swim, picnic and see turtles.

Others say the beach is littered with glass and it is dirty.

Still others say that there are bathrooms and changing rooms, as well as a snack shack and several local vendors.

Help! Hs anyone been there recently and can you verify how the beach is? Bathrooms? Snack shack?

Thank you!

Go to website:

http://www.bernews.com Do a search for Daniels Head and there is an article from June 2018 with information about Daniels Head Beach

Anyone know the best way to get there from the Dock Yard?

Recommend a taxi, approximately $25 with tip from dockyard or a scooter or Twizy. You can take the #7 bus and then walk but it is over 1/2 miles. If you take a taxi make sure you can get one when you want to leave, call from your own phone or from the concession area.

On other islands, we have taken a taxi and pre-arranged a pick up time for a return to the ship. Has anyone had experience doing this in Bermuda?

On other islands, we have taken a taxi and pre-arranged a pick up time for a return to the ship. Has anyone had experience doing this in Bermuda?

Unfortunately it is has often been reported in Bermuda that the pre arranged taxi does not show up. Also calling for a taxi from a location may not always result in a taxi coming.

Unfortunately it is has often been reported in Bermuda that the pre arranged taxi does not show up. Also calling for a taxi from a location may not always result in a taxi coming.

Little app called Hitch functions like Uber for taxis there and solves this problem. Call them when you’re ready.

Bummer. this place is out of the way and it isn't very reassuring to think that the taxi won't come back for you.

It is about a mile to a bus stop. That would be a back up.

Little app called Hitch functions like Uber for taxis there and solves this problem. Call them when you’re ready.

It might solve the problem but then again it might not. Someone posted the following on a social media that is not supposed to be named here a day or so ago:

“I am in Bermuda now. Hitch did NOT work well. You need very fast internet and you often waited 10+ minutes to find a driver to be told none were available. I wouldn't rely on hitch.”

Reviews of the app on the iPhone App Store don’t inspire much confidence either.

Edited by Charles4515

Bummer. this place is out of the way and it isn't very reassuring to think that the taxi won't come back for you.

I don’t think I would call it out of the way. I have gone to several places where taxis were not standing by in Bermuda and always managed some way of transport if there were no taxis immediately. In this case a bus stop is about a mile away. It is actually only 4 miles from the Dockyard. I personally could walk that but I know not all can walk 4 miles or 1 mile. My advise on places where taxis may be hard to come by is to do them in the morning and don’t do them the last day.

It might solve the problem but then again it might not. Someone posted the following on a social media that is not supposed to be named here a day or so ago:

“I am in Bermuda now. Hitch did NOT work well. You need very fast internet and you often waited 10+ minutes to find a driver to be told none were available. I wouldn't rely on hitch.”

Reviews of the app on the iPhone App Store don’t inspire much confidence either.

Have used it every year for the past two years and have never had a problem like that. One day of a trip the app was down which was a massive inconvenience but it was because the app was down, not because it wasn’t working correctly.

I was using a US Verizon iPhone on an international plan any the service was plenty fast to use the app. We did have some wait times here and there when we were in more out of the way places like Tucker’s Point but nothing that couldn’t be solved by just requesting the car a little early.

Have used it every year for the past two years and have never had a problem like that. One day of a trip the app was down which was a massive inconvenience but it was because the app was down, not because it wasn’t working correctly.

I was using a US Verizon iPhone on an international plan any the service was plenty fast to use the app. We did have some wait times here and there when we were in more out of the way places like Tucker’s Point but nothing that couldn’t be solved by just requesting the car a little early.

I have it on my phone but I have not had occasion to use it. Also the extra 15 % fee would of make me hesitant unless as a last resort.

I don’t think people should hesitate to go to out of the way places because I think that transportation can be solved with some patience. I wouldn’t do out of the way on the final day of a cruise, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, all. I've been to Bermuda several times and have been to the 'big' named beaches. I was looking for something different. This may be it!

I have it on my phone but I have not had occasion to use it. Also the extra 15 % fee would of make me hesitant unless as a last resort.

I don’t think people should hesitate to go to out of the way places because I think that transportation can be solved with some patience. I wouldn’t do out of the way on the final day of a cruise, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree with you regarding the added fee of using it- if there are cabs available outside of a place we’re at we will use them. We’ve found we’ve seen more having an app like that as it is an insurance policy if you do find yourself a little remote and no way to get back.