Carnival Sunrise is now the Carnival Triumph

shof515

Liquid Lounge is a huge disappointment. Is it me or are there lots of fee based restaurants being added?

Guys bbq joint is free. The new Italian place is free for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully it does not go the way of the Sunshine. A good ship to a terrible ship. Remember Carnival it is not a new ship just a new name. You still have to take care of it as an older ship and not let it go. Was on one of first Sunshine and ship was good, on it in Jan and was a dump

Liquid Lounge is a huge disappointment. Is it me or are there lots of fee based restaurants being added?

They are adding a steakhouse, Cucina, Guys Pig and Anchor, Seafood Shack and Bonsai expresses - the middle two I believe will be free for lunch. But they are adding Chopsticks and keeping popular venues like Guys and Blue Iguana. This would be consistent with Sunshine that has Steakhouse, Cucina, Jiji's and Bonsai - all of which are fee (dinner for the middle 2, but it is a totally different menu at lunch).

But, in chatting with John Heald, I think the comedy club will be a large venue and to deal with the many complaints of extra cabins, they are NOT adding those on Sunrise...so also it means the back of the ship will remain the same and no Havana bar.

They are adding a steakhouse, Cucina, Guys Pig and Anchor, Seafood Shack and Bonsai expresses - the middle two I believe will be free for lunch. But they are adding Chopsticks and keeping popular venues like Guys and Blue Iguana. This would be consistent with Sunshine that has Steakhouse, Cucina, Jiji's and Bonsai - all of which are fee (dinner for the middle 2, but it is a totally different menu at lunch).

But, in chatting with John Heald, I think the comedy club will be a large venue and to deal with the many complaints of extra cabins, they are NOT adding those on Sunrise...so also it means the back of the ship will remain the same and no Havana bar.

I found a deck-plan online. Limelight looks to be dramatically improved with the stage facing sideways against the hull of the ship. Way better room. Don't think there's a Jiji's. And no Havana although they are certainly adding cabins on 3 Fwd and 5 Aft. Also, there's a Redfrog pub so that's not being dumped by CCL. The Serenity is certainly nice but not nearly as large as Sunshine but more typical of the forward Conquest class boats, maybe a tad better.

how did you find the deck plan?

I don't think I can specifically mention a website but it is one of the large online travel agencies many folks use for comparison shopping.

Hopefully it does not go the way of the Sunshine. A good ship to a terrible ship. Remember Carnival it is not a new ship just a new name. You still have to take care of it as an older ship and not let it go. Was on one of first Sunshine and ship was good, on it in Jan and was a dump

Go figure, consistently rated at the top by actual cruisers.

I wonder if the Cruise Radio deck plans are accurate: from what I see, they definitely show new cabins on the back of the promenade deck, even though what we've read has stated otherwise. Also of interest is where they're putting the tiny serenity area (next to the entrance to water slides?) and the Guy's Pig and Anchor area.

Maybe Cruise Radio posted an earlier draft in error or haste...

Hmmmmm....not sure how I feel about this. We were on Sunshine after Destiny and did not like. It was so crowded, especially the lido hallways. I was really looking forward to our May 6th cruise out of Norfolk. That will only be the second week of Sunrise?? Could be rough. But this totally explains how we tried to book a balcony when we booked in May of this year and they had nothing. My TA was even confused....well now she totally understands. She just sent me the memo. She said to hang tight...she will get us upgraded from an OV to a balcony, so that's good. Any cruise is a good cruise though and any cruise that includes 1/2 moon is a FABULOUS cruise:cool:

So far, I've lost FTTF and had my cabin moved to what will be directly below the Waterworks (after getting an email a few days ago with an upsell offer to an Ocean Suitefor the low, low price of $810). A call to Carnival resulted in my being told they can't change, or even access, any existing Sunrise reservations for at least 3 days. She didn't seem to care about my concern that as a person with an existing reservation, I was getting an unfair disadvantage to someone who books today (bookings are open on the website).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Cruise Radio deck plans are accurate: from what I see, they definitely show new cabins on the back of the promenade deck, even though what we've read has stated otherwise. Also of interest is where they're putting the tiny serenity area (next to the entrance to water slides?) and the Guy's Pig and Anchor area.

Maybe Cruise Radio posted an earlier draft in error or haste...

I believe he said adding decks for the cabins like they did with Sunshine. So based upon your negative questions, I take it you are not impressed?

I wonder if anyone else aside from me will confuse Sunshine with Sunrise.
DH already did. We have a cruise booked for next August and he went to change our booking under the "manage my cruise" link. It kept insisting it didn't recognize the booking until he realized he was going to "Sunshine" instead of "Sunrise.":D

So far, I've lost FTTF and had my cabin moved to what will be directly below the Waterworks (after getting an email a few days ago with an upsell offer to an Ocean Suitefor the low, low price of $810). A call to Carnival resulted in my being told they can't change, or even access, any existing Sunrise reservations for at least 3 days. She didn't seem to care about my concern that as a person with an existing reservation, I was getting an unfair disadvantage to someone who books today (bookings are open on the website).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I know someone else that lost their cabin and are having a hard time dealing with carnival as they selected their cabin based upon location. It’s why I thought it was bad customer service not to be open with their paying customers who had booked already. Instead they let people wonder what was going on and if there would be any negatives. You knew their stock answer that they were “just” updating their reservation system was bull. Great upgrade but anything this extensive is going to harm some people.

I believe he said adding decks for the cabins like they did with Sunshine. So based upon your negative questions, I take it you are not impressed?

Hi Jimbo,

Not negative, just curious. Since my posting, the deck plans have obviously been confirmed. I'm impressed enough to have booked a Grand Scenic OV out of Norfolk in May and a regular OV out of Norfolk in October. I live in Richmond, so I'm delighted to have an option that's even closer than Baltimore and on a different ship than the Pride.

I'm a liiiiittle disappointed that they aren't adding the fun waterfall serenity area like they did with the Sunshine, but everything else looks fine.

- Chris :-)

Hi Jimbo,

Not negative, just curious. Since my posting, the deck plans have obviously been confirmed. I'm impressed enough to have booked a Grand Scenic OV out of Norfolk in May and a regular OV out of Norfolk in October. I live in Richmond, so I'm delighted to have an option that's even closer than Baltimore and on a different ship than the Pride.

I'm a liiiiittle disappointed that they aren't adding the fun waterfall serenity area like they did with the Sunshine, but everything else looks fine.

- Chris :-)

Fair enough.... the only way they could do that on the Sunshine was that they added two decks (of rooms) that gave them the opportunity to create the waterfall. The Triumph already had the extra floor.