Group Question

jg25

I have an existing group booking for the Getaway in October.

I was advised that should there be 8 cabins booked I, as group leader, would benefit from a significant lump sum reimbursement on the cruise.

My issue is that we have 7 cabins booked from Ireland. 2 more cabins have been booked your family living in America.

Obviously they could only book using the US version of the site and is the European version and NCL have stated that they are not acknowledged as part of our group as a result.

Is this usual policy? It seems a little harsh as neither our relatives or ourselves had any other option but to book on our respective NCL sites.

They are very much part of our travelling party.

Is there anything I can do?

Advice appreciated, John.

Edited by Johngriffin25

They should be able to move those people into the group reservation! Good luck with NCL group department we just had the worst experience with them in March! Make sure you keep every email of every conversation!

Aren't you past final payment?? If so, the "booking" is over, and can NOT be changed. Did they reference the group number with the agent in the US, did they "opt" for an unrelated perk from the US agent and end up with something else??

If people were just able to "move" over bookings don't you think, there would be pages and pages online of "roll calls" and just "grouping up numbers and getting free crusies? It is not that simple.

You will have to excuse me but I am not familiar with term at final payment, what do you mean by this?

In response to the above, I'm not too fussed what people may or may not try to do to hoodwink cruise lines. Was more interested too hear did people have any experience of such a situation when travelling as a group previously. Or why NCL would regard family living in the USA as separate to our group.

Thanks.

Edit: final date my cruise has to be fully paid by is 28th September 2018.

Edited by Johngriffin25

You will have to excuse me but I am not familiar with term at final payment, what do you mean by this?

In response to the above, I'm not too fussed what people may or may not try to do to hoodwink cruise lines. Was more interested too hear did people have any experience of such a situation when travelling as a group previously. Or why NCL would regard family living in the USA as separate to our group.

Thanks.

Edit: final date my cruise has to be fully paid by is 28th September 2018.

If you haven't made final payment (Sept. 28) then you should be able to make changes. The others should be able to be in your "group". Did they book on their own or through the agent who set up your group cruise?

I'm Confused ? Final Payment date is Sept 28, 2018 for an Oct 2018 cruise ?

I would like to offer help to the OP but I am confused as well. Final payment is due at a minimum 90 days prior to sailing. Therefore, even for an Oct. 31 cruise, payment would have been due Aug 2. I also have never booked from outside of the U.S.

I would like to offer help to the OP but I am confused as well. Final payment is due at a minimum 90 days prior to sailing. Therefore, even for an Oct. 31 cruise, payment would have been due Aug 2. I also have never booked from outside of the U.S.

He is from Ireland, not the USA. His 2 relatives are from the USA

I have an existing group booking for the Getaway in October.

I was advised that should there be 8 cabins booked I, as group leader, would benefit from a significant lump sum reimbursement on the cruise.

My issue is that we have 7 cabins booked from Ireland. 2 more cabins have been booked your family living in America.

Obviously they could only book using the US version of the site and is the European version and NCL have stated that they are not acknowledged as part of our group as a result.

Is this usual policy? It seems a little harsh as neither our relatives or ourselves had any other option but to book on our respective NCL sites.

They are very much part of our travelling party.

Is there anything I can do?

Advice appreciated, John.

They have to book as part of the group. The only remedy is for the US people to cancel and have you book kthem through the European version, at what ever the cost is .

I have a group going in October and was assigned a personal cruise consultant for entire group.. he took care of everything..including moving a reservation. I never use a travel agent...only book with cruise line.hope you can get issue resolved. My group is getting great perks and I got two cruise credits since I have 36 people.

Just to confirm, yes my final payment date is Sept 28th.

Perhaps it's different in the US.

The point I'm stressing is that my American family had to book via the US version of the NCL website.

So in terms of a group why should what country people are from affect the idea of them being part of a group. They very much are.

The amount of money I stand to be reimbursed is quite big so I will try my best to plead my case regardless.

Unless a travel agent was making the plans, and going on the trip, all but one group shared the discount among all the friends traveling. I know one person of a group of friends was the "lead" person, only because when they were doing the booking that persons name was place in that block. When the others found out there was a discount and it wasn't shared, the person keeping the discount to themselves couldn't figure out why they were not invited to that groups cruises and functions anymore.

Unless a travel agent was making the plans, and going on the trip, all but one group shared the discount among all the friends traveling. I know one person of a group of friends was the "lead" person, only because when they were doing the booking that persons name was place in that block. When the others found out there was a discount and it wasn't shared, the person keeping the discount to themselves couldn't figure out why they were not invited to that groups cruises and functions anymore.

That has nothing to do with the o/p question. I have had groups where the lead did nothing but book and they shared their discount by paying for transport to pier in NYC had other who handled everything down to tours, dining and made all the reservations ,collected money at intervals to apply to cruise, she earned her discount. We don’t know the situation in this case

I have booked many groups with NCL and currently have a small group of 10 cabins booked. There group program actually changed recently and you now only need 5 rooms in your group to get the 1 free fare. I am getting two free fares for the 10 rooms. Under the program you probably booked under the required #of rooms was 7. It looks to me like you should get the free cruise fare without bringing the other 2 rooms in. They will just miss out on the perks that go with rooms in the group.

It depends what their terms are, not what any other "group" has. Maybe the "group booking was for Eu,Ireland residents only? I'm not sure, why this poster was not able to book them in his group? Did he attempt to do so, or just direct them to "NCL" in the US to book? Was the Irish group agent involved?? BUT the US, booking is now in final payment- so, this should have been figured out before now. I'll speculate is is now too late to make any changes, unless they are going to accept the change penalties.