CC Help Jenn

Community Contest - Cruise Celebration

We took the Celebrity Eclipse from Dublin, Ireland in April primarily to be in Reykjavik Iceland on May 3, which was my friend's 80th birthday.

Her dad was stationed there in WW II as a US Army Air Corps Flight Surgeon, and she had always wanted to go see where he was. Celebrity Private Journeys arranged a spectacular private excursion which took us to all the places which were associated with Iceland's activity in the war, including a museum that one local gentleman started a few years before that is normally open in the summers, but he opened it up just for us. It was a spectacular day, and the rest of the cruise to Belfast, Akureyri, Shetland Islands, and Cobh Ireland were magical.

Yes, this year included!

When I was 13 years old, my parents decided to take the kids (me and my older sister) on a cruise to Europe to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary! We went to Greece, Turkey, Rome, and London! 16 years later and they are getting ready to celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary this week!

Last week was a celebration cruise as well. This is my 25th anniversary of taking my very first cruise. It was on the very first Celebrity ship, the SS Meridian (now sunk). It went from NYC to Bermuda. This year, I did a repeat of that cruise, even down to the company I sailed with...I went on the Celebrity Summit out of NYC to Bermuda. I just got back yesterday and I loved it!

Our first cruise was my birthday present from the hub-unit; we booked it so that we would celebrate our anniversary on the cruise. (Now that I think about it, he got away with one gift for two occasions that year, lol.) We had so much fun we have celebrated our anniversary on every cruise after that. On our upcoming cruise we will celebrate my milestone birthday (albeit quite late, but we haven't celebrated it yet so it counts) and our anniversary, and I am really looking forward to it. We have also booked a cruise to celebrate our daughter's graduation; it was what she wanted and frankly as long as she still wants to spend that kind of time with us I'm thrilled at the prospect, lol. To me, it's not the cruise that is the gift; it's the memories.

I am cruising this coming December to celebrate a long overdue goal of obtaining my Bachelor's Degree. I am in my 40's and pushed through and am finally done in December. So as a gift from me to me I am taking myself on a cruise.

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year aboard the MSC Davina. This January we will be celebrating his birthday aboard the Carnival Ecstacy. "Celebration, come on!"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

To celebrate my birthday, I gifted myself to a cruise. I will be cruising the 7 Day Western Caribbean (:ship: Carnival Vista) on September 23, 2018.:D

We celebrated our 30 wedding anniversary plus a 60 th Birthday

but best of all we celebrated the HEALTH of my husband .

After having 3 hip replacements, one failed and had to be replaced again, the operations was over 4 months and a year of rehabilitation.

So we celebrated with a cruise. We found he was able to do everything that was available just a little slower, he used the stairs as this was good exercise, walking and swimming but no running.

The only thing that was a problem was the low chairs ,

The low legged chairs made the hip joint bend more than 90 degrees that was not allowed , so a pillow or two was need to sit on to make it more comfortable .

The cruise was healing for both of us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So many cruises, so many celebrations! My parents took their 25th Anniversary cruise, their first cruise ever, back in 1979. Twenty years later I took my first cruise with the same cruise line! I've been hooked ever since. I've celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, good business years, and reunions with friends. I've lost a husband on a cruise and found a wonderful new husband on another. Our next cruise leaves in 3 months and this time we are not only celebrating birthdays, my 60th that just passed and his 65th coming up, but our good fortune that my husband's battle with cancer is over and he's fully recovered. It's the best celebration at sea yet!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Posted (edited)

our first cruise was a belated honeymoon cruise...belated by around 6 years :) the next cruise we have upcoming sails on our daughter's 2nd birthday. 1st cruise for her! we are very excited. I much prefer to spend my own milestones for anything on a cruise. my family and friends are always welcome to join me, but my happy place is on the oeacen

Edited by pyropoodle

I have celebrated my grandson's birthday twice on a cruise. Carnival when he was 5 and Royal Caribbean when he was 16. I've celebrated my daughter's 38th birthday last year on the Carnival Sunshine and I will celebrate my 60th birthday on Carnival Magic 2020. I've celebrated a new job on a cruise. I also celebrated surviving a heart attack with a cruise! I love cruising and want to celebrate everything with a cruise!

I've cruised 8 times and all 8 were a celebration of relaxation.

In all seriousness, only one was an actual celebration - my birthday, but really, it was just a reason to get away :).

Time with family is far more precious than any party or gift! And any excuse to cruise is good with me. We have done lots of anniversary cruises and we took our boys on a cruise for a college graduation celebration.

My birthday is in July and cruise prices are typically high.  On my next milestone it will be Birthday Year.  I want to do a Transatlantic and/or a Panama Canal crossing!

Planned a cruise to celebrate a few milestones for next year-  my parents 50th wedding anniversary, my 25th wedding anniversary, and my 50th birthday.  These dates are throughout the year though.  And the date of tbe cruise happens to be my husbands birthday.   Much rather spend time/money on a cruise than on a party.