Live from the Amsterdam, Alaska Aug 5-12

TheSecondSister

So enjoying your blog!!

Fin du Monde on the beer menu... oh dh would love that!! They have it on tap at Walt Disney World Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival and he has had it in Quebec on tap. Such a fantastic beer. :D High gravity and oh so yummy.

My sister reports via cell phone from Sitka that there was absolutely NO internet connectivity last night, and that's why she wasn't able to blog yesterday's wrap-up. She's off on an early morning tour, and then will play photo catch-up when she returns later and the Amsterdam is still in Sitka.

My sister reports via cell phone from Sitka that there was absolutely NO internet connectivity last night, and that's why she wasn't able to blog yesterday's wrap-up. She's off on an early morning tour, and then will play photo catch-up when she returns later and the Amsterdam is still in Sitka.

It is sad to know that :rolleyes:. We are waiting for the next post. Thank you for let us know.

Do you know if they do some kinda of refund for the time with lack of connectivity?

Do you know if they do some kinda of refund for the time with lack of connectivity?

I rarely use the Internet. But one time I got on -- and then was kicked off -- bad connection from ship.

All I got back was the few minutes I lost while waiting to connect.

If you don't even get a connection -- no compensation.

Thanks for letting us know.

I am mostly caught up.

Will be following your blog. If possible, please include pictures of the piano bar, pickleball court, and library. Thanks and have a great cruise!

Dave

A big thank you for including the requested photos in your blog! Really enjoyed reading about your cruise!

Quick note b4 I head off for a quick bite and my Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour. I was chatting with our dining room steward, practicing my (very limited) Indonesian, and he mentioned that next year (whether that means a year from now, or 2019, or what precisely I dont know) there will be some more SE Asian members of the staff, specifically mentioning Thai and Vietnamese.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forums mobile app

Quick note b4 I head off for a quick bite and my Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour. I was chatting with our dining room steward, practicing my (very limited) Indonesian, and he mentioned that next year (whether that means a year from now, or 2019, or what precisely I dont know) there will be some more SE Asian members of the staff, specifically mentioning Thai and Vietnamese.

That is interesting about HAL having more SE Asian crew members/staff.

Love your blog.

We loved the Bering Sea Crab tour that we took in 2014. I think it was our favorite of that cruise. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Safe travels

We loved the Bering Sea Crab tour that we took in 2014. I think it was our favorite of that cruise. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Safe travels

It is one of our top 5 excursions ever I'd say. We still talk about it years later. :)

Great photos, thanks for your reports.

While on Maasdam at the end of last year we heard that some Thai and Vietnamese folk were being trained to work on the HAL ships.

Hi Sis! I see from the Marine Traffic site that you are currently west of Ucluelet on Vancouver Island and will be approaching Cape Flattery and Neah Bay before too long. I will wave at you across the Strait of Juan de Fuca this evening, me on the Sequim side and you on the Victoria side.:D

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/

I've enjoyed coming along with you on your cruise via your blog. We've done 2 Alaska cruises but it is easily an itinerary I could repeat many times.

I'm curious how you capture the menus to add to your blog. I did screen shots of the menus from the Navigator app on our last cruise, but would rather post the actual menu as you have.

(I tried posting this comment directly on the blog but kept getting an error message...not sure what I was doing wrong.)

I'm curious how you capture the menus to add to your blog. I did screen shots of the menus from the Navigator app on our last cruise, but would rather post the actual menu as you have.

Ditto, I wondered the same thing.

We have a portable scanner. It works great but you have to have hard copies of everything to actually scan.

I've enjoyed coming along with you on your cruise via your blog. We've done 2 Alaska cruises but it is easily an itinerary I could repeat many times.

(I tried posting this comment directly on the blog but kept getting an error message...not sure what I was doing wrong.)

The Navigator app now lets you download the menus as a Word doc; I opened it in Word, and saved it as a PDF. I find PDFs so much more tidy. :)

As for the blog, in an attempt to keep spam comments down, I have to approve anyone's first comment; after that, comment away. And since internet was slooooooow, I didn't do much on the administrative end of the blog. I'm thinking of revamping the format at bit. And possibly going back and fixing all my numerous typos and grammatical errors. When you're posting in a hurry, the fingers outstrip the brain.

After 2,345 miles, I'm home, suitcases are unpacked, laundry is going, I've been to the grocery store and retrieved my dog. Who, by the way, doesn't seem to have missed me at all, the little ingrate. :D

For those that may be interested:

Captain: Jonathan Mercer

Cruise Director: Hamish Davis

Staff Captain: Thomas van Benthem

Environmental Officer: Peter Tukker

Chief Engineer: Henry Drabbe

Hotel Director: Norbert Kovacs