BD balcony on Sapphire Princess

Jo and Rob

We will be four in one cabin with our teenage children. How much storage space is there? I'm mildly panicking that there won't be enough room to unpack everything. The children are older now so their clothes are bigger and will take up more room.

Is the wardrobe doorless? I always find these sorts of wardrobes can take more clothes.

Do the toiletries get replenished during the cruise? Am I right in thinking I don't need to pack shampoo, conditioner or shower gel?

Also can we get bathrobes?

Just cruised in one of these. Room will be tight for 4. How long is your cruise and will you be sending out or doing some laundry yourself. That will impact space. Also where your cruise goes should impact your packing

The closet is doorless with a shelf along the top which is useful for some bulkier items. Cabin walls are metal so you could also bring some magnetic hooks for lightweight outer jackets or shells.

Your toiletries will be replenished, if they get behind, simply remind your room steward.

We always get bathrobes but I rarely use mine. DW uses hers all the time.

You have a few shelves next to the closet. You also have 2 small drawers in each nightstand as well as a couple of drawers in the desk.

We will be four in one cabin with our teenage children. How much storage space is there? I'm mildly panicking that there won't be enough room to unpack everything. The children are older now so their clothes are bigger and will take up more room.

Is the wardrobe doorless? I always find these sorts of wardrobes can take more clothes.

Do the toiletries get replenished during the cruise? Am I right in thinking I don't need to pack shampoo, conditioner or shower gel?

Also can we get bathrobes?

The beds will be split into the twin position. For the evening turn down a bunk will be lowered over each bed. You can store suitcases under each bed. There is a nightstand between the two lower beds with two drawers. The dressing table has four drawers. There is some space above the cabin fridge, and on a shelf above that there is a TV. Some items can be stored on the TV shelf.

The closet is six feet long and open, doorless, with a shelf above it. There will be 4 life vests on the shelf, but there will still be space. At the end of the closes area is another closet which contains 4, maybe 5 shelves, one of which has the cabin safe. Store as much as possible on hangers. If you require more hangers just ask the cabin steward. Purchase magnetic hooks at a local hardware store. The walls are steel and you can hang lots of stuff on the hooks. Another suggestion is to bring along magnetized fridge clips to keep all your papers organized. There is lots of blank wall space.

You will have two pump dispensers in the shower, one with shower gel and the other with shampoo/conditioner. These are kept filled. There is bar soap at the sink. It is replenished as required. If you need additional just ask the cabin steward. There is a hairdryer on the wall at the desk. Many people prefer to bring their own shampoo and conditioner. If their hair is long and thick they also prefer a more powerful hair dryer. Some people bring along a hanging shoe bag which they hang over the bathroom door to hold individual items.

Yes you can get bathrobes. Request them in the cruise personalizer in the personal preference section. If they are not in the cabin again just ask the cabin steward.

If everyone wants to take a shower at the same time, there are showers/lockers/towels in the "changing rooms" in the Lotus Spa area (Sun Deck), no charge.

Also, pack light. It's not necessary to change clothes every couple of hours. We pack outfits that are interchangeable, i.e. I bring a couple of pants that are in the same color family and 3 or 4 shirts that coordinate with them. Mix and match for the whole cruise.

There are laundry rooms on every passenger cabin deck. Buy tokens for the machines ($2 or $3 wash, then dry). Bring your own detergent & fabric softener ($1.50 on the ship).