Best Yacht Club

swanmark

Although I like that the Seaside Yacht Club restaurant is in the YC enclave at the front of the ship, I think I prefer the Top Sail Lounge aboard Divina better than the Seaside. The unobstructed forward views from inside the lounge and shorter ceilings makes it more "cozy/intimate" in my opinion. My wife and I would sit in there for hours chatting with the other passengers or ourselves in the evenings with some soothing violin or piano music playing. The Seaside is fantastic as well, but the high ceilings with the restaurant above takes some of that away from the overall ambiance of the space that I came to love on Divina.

The Top Sail Lounge on Meraviglia is similar to the venue on Fantasia-class ships; the restaurant is separate, on deck 18, but is also inside the enclave (unlike Fantasia-class YC restaurants). This was our favourite YC (though we haven't been on a Seaside-class ship, yet - unlike NorwegianCruiser, who has been in YC on all classes that have one) so can't comment on that).

The MSC Seaview and MSC Seaside offers the best Yacht Club in my opinion. But YC is great regardless of the ship you choose to sail 👍

Have you been on Meraviglia? Would be very interested in your opinion of that YC, as all your posts make sense and are informative.

Thanks in anticipation.

Divina and Preziosa are smaller with only 70 cabins in YC. Seaside is much larger, I prefer smaller.

MSC Seaside has 86 Yacht Club Suites (45 on deck 16 and 41 on deck 18), I would not call this MUCH larger compared to the number of YC cabins on MSC Divina. The Yacht Club area (square footage) on MSC Seaside is fairly large as per number of YC passengers.

Have you been on Meraviglia? Would be very interested in your opinion of that YC, as all your posts make sense and are informative.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you for the nice feedback. We sailed in YC on the maiden voyage last year and we loved the YC there. The reason for rating the Seaview better is because the YC pooldeck on the Meraviglia is party covered by a glassroof and the general layout of the pooldeck. Only one whirlpool on the Meraviglia. The Meraviglia is a all season ship while the Seaside/Seaview is designed for warm weather cruising. The YC Restaurant on the Meraviglia is very nice with great interiors and a nice atmosphere while I liked the Top Sail Lounge better on the Seaview, but that's very subjective.

Have a look at my videos from the Meraviglia here:

Thank you for the nice feedback. We sailed in YC on the maiden voyage last year and we loved the YC there. The reason for rating the Seaview better is because the YC pooldeck on the Meraviglia is party covered by a glassroof and the general layout of the pooldeck. Only one whirlpool on the Meraviglia. The Meraviglia is a all season ship while the Seaside/Seaview is designed for warm weather cruising. The YC Restaurant on the Meraviglia is very nice with great interiors and a nice atmosphere while I liked the Top Sail Lounge better on the Seaview, but that's very subjective.

Thank you, and your videos are almost professional in quality. Yes, I see what you mean on the pooldeck, Are there any uncovered areas to lay out the sun loungers, and enjoy direct sunshine?

Thanks very much for the great videos. We will try the MSC YC for the first time next September on her TA from CPH to NYC. It is very helpful to see the detailed videos.

Thank you very much for your videos!

Thank you, and your videos are almost professional in quality. Yes, I see what you mean on the pooldeck, Are there any uncovered areas to lay out the sun loungers, and enjoy direct sunshine?

Thank you very much for your kind words. There are some spots on the forward part of the pooldeck there you can enjoy direct sunshine but be prepared to move as the sun moves too. But on the starboard side of the pooldeck aft of the cabanas there are sunloungers in direct sunshine.

As YC member you are also allowed to the sun deck on the middle of the ship. This area is for the Aurea members only and not free for other passengers. It has it's own yacuzzi. Not as luxury as the YC Top Sail area but the area is uncovered. Great for sunlovers.

Thank you very much for your kind words. There are some spots on the forward part of the pooldeck there you can enjoy direct sunshine but be prepared to move as the sun moves too. But on the starboard side of the pooldeck aft of the cabanas there are sunloungers in direct sunshine.

Thank you, that is perfect as we enjoy shade in oppressive sunshine but direct sunshine when it is more temperate e.g. in the Spring and Autumn months.