Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

37 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Woo hoo!!!  So happy for you Mysty!  It seems like houses are either selling really fast, or not at all.  The house that Jeremy attempted to buy back in February, it had been on the market 5 months then .... still on the market, it's almost 1 year now.  Nice house, a couple of code issues, and a bat-crap crazy owner with anger issues.   So, we found one that is lovely, no issues, sweet owners ... and we are doing the same for the folks buying our house (on FriYay!).  In fact, this weekend, I get to give the new owners a tour of the gardens, point out the plants, and give them the care & feeding explanations.  I started a write up to make it easier for them.

Mysty, have you found the place you want to move?  And ... may the garage sale season start?

Thanks Jan!  I have started assembling warranties and manuals for the renovations we did in the past and for the appliances that we are leaving behind.  No garage sale planned at this point.  We are moving to a small town about 40 minutes west of us (population 11,000).  We are moving into an adult community rental apartment.  We are done with home ownership.  The apartment we leased will be ready March 2020.  When we move later in September we will move into a temporary apartment and when our leased one is ready the building owners will pay to move us into it.  Lots of moving parts and I will need to make lists of lists as DW joked about!  🙂  

35 minutes ago, jillyf said:

Yaa!  Congratulations. What a lovely feeling and after not too many viewings.  

Sit back and  have a celebration drink before the hard work starts. 

Thanks Jill!  I had the first restful sleep in weeks last night.  Hard work will start tomorrow!  I'm giving myself today as mine!  🙂

8 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Mysty 

Exciting news.

Let the move begin!

And now for the serious weeding issue.

What to keep....

And what not to keep.

🙂

Thanks Spins!  The weeding will be onerous!  I plan to go room by room with my clipboard.  And I will need to be firm!  🙂 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

16875f61c0aa1f4a614cc46143553182.jpg

OK..No joke!  WE SOLD!  15 viewings since Thursday, 6 offers and we accepted a no conditions offer for over the asking price.  We are thrilled!

Have a great day all!

Hi Mysty, I missed this yesterday...……..BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AND MYSTER:classic_biggrin:.....really, that was quite fast!!!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lois!  It was indeed quite fast.  It went on MLS on Thursday and we sold on Monday night.  Myster and I were very, very, very relieved!  Having to find someplace to go for the 15 viewings over the 5 days (most of them on Saturday and Sunday) was becoming a real chore!  I think we visited all the coffee shops in the area as well as a few of the bars.  🙂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mysty said:

It was indeed quite fast.  It went on MLS on Thursday and we sold on Monday night.  Myster and I were very, very, very relieved!  Having to find someplace to go for the 15 viewings over the 5 days (most of them on Saturday and Sunday) was becoming a real chore!  I think we visited all the coffee shops in the area as well as a few of the bars.  🙂 

Great to hear that your process moved so quickly and efficiently.  And taking an offer without too many "strings attached" will make it a much smother process.  Good luck with your various follow-up and future steps.  

Am down in Charlottesville, Va., with our two grandsons (age seven and soon-to-be age nine) starting school this morning.  Back in Columbus on Friday.  Lots of heat and humidity here in Virginia, plus back in Ohio.  All surviving the weather?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,021 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny for all those who fly the skies.....

14050-funny-the-problem-with-airport-security-s.jpg.e93a4d66126998b38215a58434fbf18f.jpg

Have a great day all!

And that's why you fly "PreCheck"  - shoes stay on, laptop stays in bag, as far as my hair - it always looks like pic #2 on a good day, usually standing out a bit more, ironically it was far worse before it went grey-silver-white.  Happy Friday all, light day at work, house closing (for the one we are selling) is later today, flooring for new place being delivered on Monday, and .... we're going to see Santana/Doobie Brothers tonight!

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun Friday! We are both on call, so have some extra celebration for us.

That funny reminds me - yesterday morning, I grabbed my black shoes for work, and inadvertently took one shoe from each pair (I have two different pairs of black shoes). Luckily I was awake enough to notice right away, before I put them on and wore mismatched shoes to work! 🤣

Have to get motivated to label the rest of my Iceland pictures, so we can pick our favorites before we go visit Chris's father next weekend. If we don't have pictures to show him, it's a very short visit...  

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

• Like 1

Cute funny, mysty! 

Off to work in a few. Hope it's not too bad. 

Made a light dinner yesterday which was an unusual pasta recipe. I would have never thought of combining all of these ingredients, but it worked.

20190823_190936.thumb.jpg.32208a375bc5c26610160418fb00c2d5.jpg

Pasta with bacon, capers, cherry tomatoes, and mint. The last two were from the garden, so extra fresh and tasty. And the pasta was from Eataly, nice and rustic.

Too bad we love to eat so well. Going to be hard to lose the post-cruise weight...

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

No egg in the sauce, Stumbles. A few things must be at play here. I used yellow cherry tomatoes which may have colored the sauce a bit.

The pasta probably has egg yolks so it's a little yellow to begin with.

The food filter on my phone camera makes things look "warmer" and a bit yellower than they appear.

And I put a nice splash of extra-virgin olive oil on the dish after plating it.

One or all of the above must explain the appearance. We will have to see what the next batch looks like!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, Lois R said:

Hi coolers😁 just having lunch and thought I would pop in..

I am glad it is Friday! Have a good weekend everyone.

Hello Lois!

Haven’t run into you in a few forums. Just signed up for a Shadow Med cruise in April and looking forward to learning more about SilverSeas. May start the classic ‘new kid on the forum’ thread to learn from the pros. 

Jumped on this cruise to try something different than the Celebrity. And this one spends overnight in Malta, my favorite port. 

Hope to share more later. Just wanted to say Hi!

den

On 8/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, Lois R said:

Hi coolers😁 just having lunch and thought I would pop in..

I am glad it is Friday! Have a good weekend everyone.

Hello Lois!

Haven’t run into you in a few forums. Just signed up for a Shadow Med cruise in April and looking forward to learning more about SilverSeas. May start the classic ‘new kid on the forum’ thread to learn from the pros. 

Jumped on this cruise to try something different than the Celebrity. And this one spends overnight in Malta, my favorite port. 

Hope to share more later. Just wanted to say Hi!

den

Lamb chops look really tasty! Something I never get to cook, because Chris isn't a big fan of lamb. She equates it to the cheap tough gamey mutton her parents used to feed her, and that killed the taste of it for her. So I order it in restaurants when I get a chance and I give her a taste. That's enough for her.

Now more importantly, what was the wine pairing? Depending on the seven spices, lots of possibilities.

My pasta dish called for a light Italian red. So I went with a Barbera...from Oregon! We had brought it back from an Italian-style winery that we visited there in June. 

That’s such a shame, because high quality lamb is really, really special.  We’re lucky here, because Colorado raises some of the finest alpine lamb  in the world.

i think you would have enjoyed the wine selection.  With the wide range of spices in the dish, I chose a 2013 Tenuta Sette Ponti Toscana "Oreno".  A blend of Merlot (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (40%), Petit Verdot (10%), it was a knock-out with the dish.

Your wine sounded cool!  It’s always fun finding gems where no one expects to find them.  Barbera in Oregon... who would have ever imagined?  Like I said, so cool!