Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I'll let you know in 2 weeks, if you can wait... we will arrive there a week from Friday. 

Of course I can wait:classic_biggrin: you were the one who referred me to The Beekman:classic_smile:. Where are you staying this time?

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

OK Coolers.....I will be staying in Madrid for a couple of days after my river cruise.:classic_biggrin:  Which one of you has been

there and can recommend a hotel?

We like the Petit Palace Savoy Alfonso XII.  Super close to the subway, directly across from Retiro park, and a short walk to the Prado museum.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Where are you staying this time?

It's our first time there (together) though Chris went a couple of years ago in High School... 😉

We will stay at the Hyatt Centric Gran Via. I paid their basic room rate and used points for a suite upgrade. Should be great. Only problem is that the adjacent Metro station (Gran Via) is closed down. So a few extra minutes walk each time, from Sol...

Edited by jpalbny

I have done a review of our Coral Expedition cruise and someone ( I think here) asked if I was going to write a review. I can’t find the post so I hope whoever it was sees it. 

It was posted today https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=669298

I would keep looking but I’m off to golf.  Weather not bad, no rain and a bit of wind but not blowing a gale. 

Good day for golf!

• Like 2

Thanks Jilly! Enjoyed your review. Would love to read your blog when you get around to it. Don't know if you saw/remember from earlier but we did sign up for the Ponant cruise Singapore to Darwin, November 2020. Looking forward to another visit down under!

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

Wow I just read the article in the Sydney times.

What a story!! The stuff of movie plots or a book of fiction.

The husband claims, albeit implausibly, he didn't know!

Edited by spinnaker2

17 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

image.png.35f163974550aa8a80c9fff7968e154d.png 

Bon voyage JP & Chris.

Obrigado!

Looking forward to it. Last night we put out some clothes. Tonight it's time for a test-fit in the suitcase. Might get away with one...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Okay, now you’re just being plain silly. 😁

True, it is a rollaboard size, so not very challenging...

13 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Have fun JP!!!

One suitcase is great and a challenge I could never meet.

It's only the two of us, and no need for fancy clothes this trip. We need to leave room for wine on the way back!

• Haha 1

Yeah, we used to travel that way. No longer. And now with free laundry on SS, there's really no reason to overpack. 

But a week in Europe with a carry-on isn't even a challenge any more. The only question is whether we bring one wine check (6 bottles) or two? Decisions, decisions! 😁🍷

• Haha 1

See JP, we just have different views on the purpose of "free" laundry at SS.  My goal is that you won't see me in the same outfit twice over the course of two weeks.  So, free laundry is just to ensure everything is washed cleanly, folded neatly, and packed before the long slog home.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

See JP, we just have different views on the purpose of "free" laundry at SS.  My goal is that you won't see me in the same outfit twice over the course of two weeks.  So, free laundry is just to ensure everything is washed cleanly, folded neatly, and packed before the long slog home.  😄

Agree with having clean stuff to take home!!

• Thanks 1