Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

59 minutes ago, mysty said:

The gin in question has a distinctly "Asian" bent to it.  Almost sake leaning.  I think it would be delicious with sushi.  If that is not heresy to some ears! 😁  

To the dear lads suggesting that I gain weight to strengthen my endurance to the spirits....not going to fly!  🤣  I do appreciate your caring thoughts though!

And Lv there really is not that much intellectual stuff happening here!  It may sometimes appear that way but most folks here are interested in food, spirits,  travel and funnies! 😁

socks -j.jpg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

socks -j.jpg

Ha ha ha!   Love it Chas!   I do wear heavy socks!  It's frigging cold here!  However they do not really help with my tolerance issues for the devil spirits!  And I take off the socks before the scale is used!  😁

Let The Good Times Roll! 

There was a song, if think might have been on album "Super Sessions" with Mike Bloomfield and other musical luminaries, maybe 1980's, I think song called "Wine".  I do remember some (rather rollicking) lyrics:

Down in Louisiana where everything's fine

All those people just sockin' that wine.

Drinkin' wine is their delight

When they get drunk they start fightin' all night,

Breaking out windows and knocking down doors

Drinking half gallons and shouting for more! 

I gotta nickel, you gotta dime,

Let's get together and buy some wine!

Some buy a pint, some buy a quart,

But if you buy a half gallon you're playing it smart.

Shouting Wine! Wine! Wine! Sweet honey, pass that bottle to me.  

Choruses ensue.  

I may be mistaken, but I'm guessing they aren't referring to Baron Lafite Rothchilds' output here - more like tanker trucks of cheap plonk from the Central Valley of California.  But, the song does have a certain joie de vivre!  A zest for life, shall we say!  

• Like 3

For all the foodies at the cooler, a little bit of trivia that you might find interesting.

Madagascar is the only country in Africa to produce Caviar. 
Rova Caviar is farmed on Lake Mantasoa (about 60kms outside of Antananarivo) at an altitude of around 1400m. I’ve tried it a few times but as I’m no expert  I couldn't tell you how good or average it is suffice to say I find it very agreeable.
Here in town it is sold in tins of 
30grams @  £24 /$33
50grams @ £40 /$55
125grams @  £101 /$140
Obviously the main market is overseas.
For anyone interested here is a link to the Rova site.

IMG_20201016_105701912.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Chas please tell me you are not suggesting that I am the travelog!  I did admit to being athletically challenged...however, I'm not quite that challenged yet!  🤣

did not intend to slander. that was an independent flash in my attempt to contribute more mindless humor.  i don't function well in early am.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

did not intend to slander. that was an independent flash in my attempt to contribute more mindless humor.  i don't function well in early am.

No slander detected!  Please continue to provide your humourous contributions!  We are now addicted to them and withdrawal from anything at this point would be torture!  😁

• Thanks 1

Hi friends,   Terry, did you watch the Championship games yesterday?  Hope the Superbowl

is a good game😃

Can you believe this will be Tom Brady's 10th SUPER BOWL game??  10 times......

Unreal! 

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends,   Terry, did you watch the Championship games yesterday?  Hope the Superbowl is a good game.    Can you believe this will be Tom Brady's 10th SUPER BOWL game??  10 times......Unreal! 

YES!!  Watched and enjoyed both of Sunday's two NFL Championship games.  Brady's history and record are great.  BUT, not sure the TB Bucs' defense will be good enough to control KC's great, young QB.  It will be an excellent match-up for Super Bowl LV.  Chiefs, however, are favored.

Does Jacksonville like its new NFL coach and future, improving prospects?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 minute ago, TLCOhio said:

YES!!  Watched and enjoyed both of Sunday's two NFL Championship games.  Brady's history and record are great.  BUT, not sure the TB Bucs' defense will be good enough to control KC's great, young QB.  It will be an excellent match-up for Super Bowl LV.  Chiefs, however, are favored.

Does Jacksonville like its new NFL coach and future, improving prospects?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry,  anything is better than what we had....... we lost 15 games in a row.👎

But yes, I think most folks are happy with the Meyer choice.  Will see what happens. They

have the #1 pick in the draft...........I know you are a Buckeye but I have to hope they pick

Trevor Lawrence.