Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

OH DW.....you have captured my essence!  🙂  You have thrown down the gauntlet. Now I will have to make a concerted effort to capture yours!

And Jan...tamales!  YUM!

Edited by mysty

Like the avatar, Davey. Spent the week recovering from our quick Quito trip and re-adjusting to all the oxygen in the air down here near sea level...

Shifting my cooking to reflect the cooler weather. More hearty dishes and more red wine.

Then this weekend we planted a few hundred bulbs for next spring. Working in ICU this week and weekend. Next weekend we visit Chris's Dad and the weekend after we are in Virginia for a conference (well, Chris is) so I will hang with a few of my cousins who live nearby while she is working.

No big trips planned until Chris's big birthday bash in January. And that is all planned already so we are kind of in "trip-planning withdrawal" right now. We need to plan another weekend getaway I think!

DW...we are at 82 days and counting.  Time is moving much too slowly for my liking at this point.

JP....You have some lovely plans to look forward to.  Not into trip-planning withdrawal for me yet and I still wish time moved a wee bit faster.  🙂

Spins....how is the family tree going?  Hope your upcoming adventure gives you joy and comfort!

Almost forgot. We picked up a new fish this weekend too. A Heniochus, AKA Longfin Bannerfish. So far so good...He is holding his own against the Blue Tang and the Triggerfish. The Trigger is in the background here.

20181016_182942.jpg

That is a fine Avatar Dave .... and happy birthday.  Is the health concerns behind you now?

Good to hear of the travels JP.  On that topic .. yesterday I booked the hotel and flights for our Vienna birthday trip for September 2019.  Wifey is looking forward to the cocktail bar.  She loves that bar.  So happy hour or three in the lounge a brisk walk for a sausage and back to the cocktail bar that rarely closes.  Three of the barman in my earlier piccies have been behind the bar for over 30 years each ... they must be tired.  I'm still hoping they will abnandon the idea of flattening and rebuilding the hotel.  We're also very much looking forward to the extended trip to Singapore early January.  It is getting closer.  Still keep itching to extend the trip further ....

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks M .... 🙂

Just received a lovely note from the Director of the Vienna hotel confirming our upgrade for our next trip to our preferred suite with complimentary lounge access and that she is going to ensure that our next birthdays will be even better than this years.   Wifey's face lit up .... and even now she is looking forward to it.  Making friends with hotel people really pays off.  🙂

Hi Jeff, yeah i’m Fine ta. They thought it was some sort of virus. Not long to wait for Singapore now and great news about next years birthday treat. 

Ive not got anything booked at the mo because the only time we could both organise off at the end of Feb, Mrs O can’t do now.

Bummer

I live in hope though.

J...it's wonderful to have something to look forward to!  Even if time seems to move at a snail's pace once plans are made.

DW....sorry to hear that you have nothing on the horizon.  Doesn't mean you can't have fun while you wait.  Is Mrs. O your back-up person?  Maybe you need to train a back-up for your back-up.

Edited by mysty