Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Terry,   It would be a lot of fun if we could start this conversation in Dolce Vita, continue into Atlantide, and finish it at the bar in Silver Note with some good jazz.

YES!!  YES!!!  Agree it would be great fun and highly interesting to spend a whole evening on a Silversea ship discussing the varied and many aspects of baseball versus football.  Have been at major league baseball games in Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Chicago (both Cubs and White Sox), Cincinnati, etc.  BUT, have been to many more college and pro football games around the country.  The good news is that there is so much available on the web and cable TV to get into really following in-depth these various teams and sports.  BUT, the bad news is that our time and attention spans are somewhat limited.  Only so much time to devote to sports.  Many other good things to do and for becoming involved.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Dubrovnik!  Nice visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this super scenic location. Over 46,510 views.    

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

• Like 1

Happy weekend all.

Today was a little busier at work than I had anticipated. As is often the case. Thought I'd be done by 10:30 but stuff happened and I was there until after 12:30. Oh well.

Was hungry when I got home so I made a quick snack to hold us until dinner. Pappardelle pasta with prosciutto, garlic, some tomatoes, and lots of fresh sage from the garden. It was quick and tasty.

20190922_131717.thumb.jpg.f2622ced817269363870d4da84f8797c.jpg

Yesterday there was a squirrel striking poses on our sunroom roof. Funny critter.

20190921_164545.thumb.jpg.21eff4ab0c67217663bf5f29f8080abe.jpg

Now off to clean the garage. Have been putting it off as long as Chris will let me. I think my luck has run out...

• Like 2

The house is painted and re-carpeted.  Cleaners came Friday but left smears all over the windows so I've invited them to come back.  I scrubbed all the cabinets inside as they did not.  Last pile for donation pick up in the driveway.  If all goes well, Realtor is doing pictures Wednesday and then open house on Sunday.  Need a rest so decided to do some research on Arabia/Holy Lands cruise next May.

Missy

PS. Lois, post about your river cruise!  That's on my agenda some year.  

PPS.  Terry, I emailed your Petra tour guide.  Hoping he can arrange something.

21 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Agreed.  There is a reason they were 3/2 odds of making the Super Bowl when I was in Vegas in mid-August.

I would like to see them win it (as opposed to NE AGAIN):classic_rolleyes:.  Some good games this afternoon.  The Giants got their

first win!:classic_biggrin:….Daniel Jones looked pretty good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MHF said:

The house is painted and re-carpeted.  Cleaners came Friday but left smears all over the windows so I've invited them to come back.  I scrubbed all the cabinets inside as they did not.  Last pile for donation pick up in the driveway.  If all goes well, Realtor is doing pictures Wednesday and then open house on Sunday.  Need a rest so decided to do some research on Arabia/Holy Lands cruise next May.

Missy

PS. Lois, post about your river cruise!  That's on my agenda some year.  

Hi Missy, good luck with the house!  As for posting about my cruise? I don't want to promise I will post while I am away--I just don't always do that anymore but will be happy to post info upon my return.:classic_biggrin:

Have you been to Venice before?

This will be my 2nd time there but will be seeing places I never got to before so it should be a lot of fun and very interesting as well!

12 hours ago, MHF said:

The house is painted and re-carpeted.  Cleaners came Friday but left smears all over the windows so I've invited them to come back.  I scrubbed all the cabinets inside as they did not.  Last pile for donation pick up in the driveway.  If all goes well, Realtor is doing pictures Wednesday and then open house on Sunday.  Need a rest so decided to do some research on Arabia/Holy Lands cruise next May. Missy

Great progress by Missy in getting your home ready for its marketing.  Lots of work and effort.  Good luck!!

As to Petra, I am sure you will hear back from that tour firm.  We found them to be very, very responsive and prompt.  Keep us posted as to your progress and/or any other info items needed that will be helpful for your upcoming "adventure" in the Middle East. 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,508 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Random question. Anyone on the Cooler have experience with Ponant?

Chris and I are looking at an expedition cruise with them in November 2020, through Indonesia. It goes from Singapore to Darwin.

The look all-inclusive similar to our favorite cruise line, but some of the reviews are less than stellar. Variable comments on the food in particular, which of course is so subjective. Very tempting to try it anyway...

Edited by jpalbny

13 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Chris and I are looking at an expedition cruise with them in November 2020, through Indonesia. It goes from Singapore to Darwin.

The only cruise you need to be on in November, 2020 is the Moon TA.  

You can do Darwin, the Kimberly, etc. once the Wind is converted and SS positions a ship in that neck of the woods for you on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Hey Terry, Your Petra tour guide and your Israel tour guide both responded within a day...they are both setting up private tours for me next May.  THANK YOU!!!    Big 10 Buddies Rule!!!!

In other news, photos and video for house listing today.  Open House Sunday.  This is all so complicated.

Missy

12 hours ago, MHF said:

Hey Terry, Your Petra tour guide and your Israel tour guide both responded within a day...they are both setting up private tours for me next May.  THANK YOU!!!    Big 10 Buddies Rule!!!!    In other news, photos and video for house listing today.  Open House Sunday.  This is all so complicated.    Missy

Wonderful news, Missy, that the guides in Petra and Israel have been very prompt and responsive.  Glad that you Middle East planning is coming together.  

Good luck Sunday with your Open House.  Keep us posted as to that progress.  Fortunately, interest rates are low now and it seems that the real estate market is "hot" in many areas.  Hope that will be true in your part of Maryland.  YES, Big Ten Buddies do rock and rule!!

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 224,950 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Hi JP and all.

I think I may be on your ignore list , but if you read this :

Coral Expeditions is a small au company spreading it's wings a little.

They have a nice new ship and some broader Itineraries

This may suit :   https://www.coralexpeditions.com/au/destinations/islands-indonesia/komodo-dragons-krakatoa/

I expect that it will have a similar vibe to the best of SS expeditions.. less some of the frills.

I am hoping to be able to try them out in the next few months

• Thanks 1

Well that's been a bumpy few days. Lucky my OH took redundancy from TCG when he did. Some of our friends that still worked for them will now be £20k+ out of pocket. We've only lost £1700 from our November Mexico holiday and a few k on shares. The BOD wants stringing up for what they've done to the company. So our trip to the TRS Yucatan is cancelled 😞 

So what to do instead? I'm probably going to go on my own now. I Can't go before 10th November and have to be back by the 22nd. I'm not finding any cruises that I fancy that don't leave me feeling fleeced as a solo.  Maybe a tour of the Golden Triangle with a trip to Amritsar or Shimla. Maybe a Hurtigruten to possibly see the Northern lights but can you get a decent G&Tin the Arctic Circle? Hurtigruten only seem to have wine and Beer from what I can see. Oh what to do.