Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

23 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Omg

Both Lois and Terry.

Can't handle being double teamed.

I am going in the garden and eat worms.

Spins, I was not double teaming....honestly. I was criticizing my own team.....sorry, if you thought otherwise. Maybe

it did not come across that way but I sincerely was not double teaming on you.

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Spins, I was not double teaming....honestly. I was criticizing my own team.....sorry, if you thought otherwise. Maybe

it did not come across that way but I sincerely was not double teaming on you.

No worries Lois it's all in good fun. 

I am a big girl I can take it.

Those worms were yummy. 🙂

Hope u r feeling better. 

I have been using ice in a Ziploc bag for most of the day....on and off...…..this is day 5 since the surgery.:classic_wacko:

I go to the Dr tomorrow morning. I certainly hope he says it is healing properly and that I can take a  shower!!!

• Like 1

too funny:classic_biggrin:...you are probably the 4th person who said to use frozen peas LOL....no, I don't have any and I really

didn't feel like going to the grocery store. 

Good luck tomorrow with your follow-up, Lois. 

Today we had to brave the nasty weather in order to go in to work. It wasn't too bad, as all of the schools were closed and all non-essential NY State employees were told to stay home as well. We had fairly empty roads and even though my snow tires are a little past their prime, they worked well enough. 

Now sipping a delicious bottle of Portuguese red which we brought home from the trip, after a nice quiet dinner (alone, without all of the noisy kids), and doing a little Cyber Monday shopping.

The view outside has changed a little bit since the picture I posted yesterday. That snow drift up against the sunroom is nuts!

20191202_175753.thumb.jpg.92810f9e627ad296d27cfad35199eec5.jpg

Glad I'm not going out into this weather again...until tomorrow!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

Hi friends, Dr appt went well......he said he is confident with his surgery....nothing was in the nodes. Still waiting

for the full pathology report.....should be this afternoon or tomorrow. 

He said I could go back to work tomorrow and the bruising is normal.   And I came home and TOOK A SHOWER:classic_biggrin:

No answer on the soreness.....the breast tissue is tender and will heal when it heals.

• Like 3

Great news, Lois! Well, all except the "back to work tomorrow" nonsense... Whose idea is that? 🤣

We are trying to catch up on our sleep but so far, not very successful. Not much of a break on Sunday before working this week. Hopefully by this weekend we will be back to normal. 

The roads were crummy again this morning but hopefully they will be better for the ride home tonight. It's been mostly sunny so hopefully the roads have cleared.

Still looking at a ton of Portugal pictures.  I'm 2/3 through labeling them and Chris is picking favorites. Then I'll post an album online.

• Like 1

JP, the one thing I keep wondering about is how slow I need to move.....its like, all of a sudden OUCH....I guess

it is trial and error.  I know I needed to get new bras......more supportive but wireless. I went back out after I

took a shower. The girl at Dillard's was so nice and helpful I started to cry.

That breast tissue sure is a tender area:classic_sad:

On 12/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, Lois R said:

Hi friends, Dr appt went well......he said he is confident with his surgery....nothing was in the nodes. Still waiting for the full pathology report.....should be this afternoon or tomorrow.   He said I could go back to work tomorrow and the bruising is normal.   And I came home and TOOK A SHOWER:classic_biggrin:  No answer on the soreness.....the breast tissue is tender and will heal when it heals.

Great updating and details from Lois.  YES, a shower can be heavenly, especially after all that has happened during the past week.  Good luck with your continued progress and for received the right and best pathology report.  Sorry, I can help as to any tips on bra-fittings.  Total inexperience on my part.    Also, interesting to hear that Saturday you will be cheering for Wisconsin versus my #1-ranked OSU team.  Look for me on TV.  I'll be wearing red!!

Nice to hear that J.P. is surviving the weather in Albany, NY.  Nice and sunny now in Central Ohio.  Need to finishing getting the outdoor Christmas light put up.  Before Thanksgiving, I had our interior tree up, lighted and decorated. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, you can see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 16,728 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

On 12/5/2019 at 6:18 AM, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

76921560_2566273630086319_3211557096889778176_o.jpg.e871495850c318be8e5d5958578da67d.jpg

Have a great day all!

This s a game that the Brits must play also! Did a 7-day stay in Cornwall prior to a cruise out of Southampton and drove around to enjoy the countryside. there were many (Many!) roads with stonewalls on each side and one lane - as in one for both directions! My favorite sign was “Caution - Oncoming Traffic may be in the Center of the Road - my response was: “I’M IN THE CENTER OF THE ROAD - an there is only a ‘center’!!”. Next time trains and buses. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

This s a game that the Brits must play also! Did a 7-day stay in Cornwall prior to a cruise out of Southampton and drove around to enjoy the countryside. there were many (Many!) roads with stonewalls on each side and one lane - as in one for both directions! My favorite sign was “Caution - Oncoming Traffic may be in the Center of the Road - my response was: “I’M IN THE CENTER OF THE ROAD - an there is only a ‘center’!!”. Next time trains and buses. 

Den

Den...your struggle sounds much more challenging that ours!  Usually snow banks are the barriers and not stone walls!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Den...your struggle sounds much more challenging that ours!  Usually snow banks are the barriers and not stone walls!

I don’t know about that! Snow can get pretty packed in and after a few days, it freezes up and is hard as a rock too.

I spent most of my life well south of snow areas, but had one big snow in Maryland in a place not ready or built for any heavy snow. we lived on a private road and the County didn’t clear it so we all got out and dug the road clear. Drove to work and came back late that night and they had plowed our road - which of course meant they heaped all the snow up closing the driveways and the stuff was like a rock wall!! Funny now but not at 10pm.

I live in the Fla Panhandle and we get freezing temps a few days a year. It and when it coincides with precep (oh, about every 10 years!), we go crazy over ‘snow’ that actually reaches the ground for a few minutes!!

Den

32 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I don’t know about that! Snow can get pretty packed in and after a few days, it freezes up and is hard as a rock too.

I spent most of my life well south of snow areas, but had one big snow in Maryland in a place not ready or built for any heavy snow. we lived on a private road and the County didn’t clear it so we all got out and dug the road clear. Drove to work and came back late that night and they had plowed our road - which of course meant they heaped all the snow up closing the driveways and the stuff was like a rock wall!! Funny now but not at 10pm.

I live in the Fla Panhandle and we get freezing temps a few days a year. It and when it coincides with precep (oh, about every 10 years!), we go crazy over ‘snow’ that actually reaches the ground for a few minutes!!

Den

Ah yes!  Sunny days the snow starts to melt.  Sun goes down and the melting turns to freezing and voila...an ice wall.  Not funny when dealing with the snow plow dumps at the end of the driveway that were not there when you left.  The challenges of living in a northern clime (or even not so north with unexpected white stuff).

Good morning friends......Happy Saturday.  Hi Denny, good to see you again:classic_smile:

Today is a wonderful day for football fans---looking forward to seeing LSU-GA...…..GO TIGERS:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi friends, Mysty, "The Greatest Star":classic_biggrin:

I went out yesterday to run a few errands.....I keep forgetting how my body is still recovering and was exhausted:classic_sad:

Today I will just relax.  I keep wondering how long it is going to take for me to fully heal but I guess there really

is no definite answer on that one.:classic_wacko: