Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

The day Sweden switched from driving on the left to driving on the right, 1967.

the day sweden switched from driving on the left to driving on the right, 1967.jpg

Ireland considered changing from driving on the left to driving on the right. 

They thought it might be confusing to do it overnight so decided cars would change on 1 Jan but all the other vehicles would change the following week. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, brimary said:

Thanks for brightening up the day with your great pictures.Would love the same experience but sadly we English are not allowed in to your beautiful country as it would provide a brilliant alternative to Silversea!

You’re very welcome brimary, I’m looking forward to the day we can welcome people back. 

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Davey, loved and envied your picture story of your night away - and the food and drink looks ideal, simple tasty though not exactly gourmet food, just  what one craves in hard times.  I could just manage one of those sharing platters with onion rings, potato skins, etc. with some garlic mayo!

Thanks lincslady. It certainly wasn’t La Dame, you’re never really on holiday till you’ve had a lobster. It was so sad to see the Queen of Welsh resorts absolutely deserted. I Like to think that I’m doing my bit to support local businesses but I was waiting to see the tumbleweeds to roll down Mostyn Broadway. 

16 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

You’re very welcome brimary, I’m looking forward to the day we can welcome people back. 

Thanks lincslady. It certainly wasn’t La Dame, you’re never really on holiday till you’ve had a lobster. It was so sad to see the Queen of Welsh resorts absolutely deserted. I Like to think that I’m doing my bit to support local businesses but I was waiting to see the tumbleweeds to roll down Mostyn Broadway. 

Again no appropriate button to reply DW!  Sad to hear!  When the world eventually rights itself there will be many causalities.  One foot in front of the other as we soldier on! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mysty said:

Again no appropriate button to reply DW!  Sad to hear!  When the world eventually rights itself there will be many causalities.  One foot in front of the other as we soldier on! 

And soldier on we do M. It would take much more than a world crippling virus, economic uncertainty, an absolutely incompetent Welsh Government, the wiping out of mine and my partners income and the threat of being locked up again to get me down. Love every minute of this wonderful life  that we get to enjoy and be grateful for every breath we get to take in it. 

Edited by Daveywavey70
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

chas, hope your visit to the Richmond area went ok.

Thanks, but had to cancel. Lack of sleep. The fire alarm in the building went off 2 times 

in the middle of the night. False alarms. Walked down the first time but slept in the second. 

• Like 1

Yes Stumbles.  We got one quote yesterday, have another contractor scheduled to give us an estimate next Tuesday, and are waiting for a call back from a third generator installer.  We are looking at the Generac 10 kW, which should handle all our modest needs.  We are lucky enough to have natural gas service, but the first contractor did not want to tap the pipe on the utility side of the meter! 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Made a pot of sauce and meatballs tonight. 

20201020_184839.thumb.jpg.2c08847639d62c4f6f45d10f625abc2b.jpg

With Italian wine, of course. No liver or Fava beans, though. 

20201020_185044.thumb.jpg.ce0499d354d587e003abfc958c5cc941.jpg

Finished product. 

20201020_185824.thumb.jpg.3912255ef3610c0d93615712bcece004.jpg

Those polpetto look mighty tasty.  It's one of our staples, so I make a big batch and freeze the balls and can just take out a handful as needed.  Over the years I've made them with just beef, or a mixture of pork and beef, but now I make them solely with minced (ground) veal plus the usual additions of onion, pancetta, breadcrumbs, parmesan and herbs.  And, yes, a nice Chianti . . . 

• Like 3

Had my first time doing a MRI yesterday late afternoon.  Compared to a CAT scan, it took longer, 45 minutes, and was very heavy with lots of noise.  Over and over!!  Much different than I expected compared to having a simple, quick CAT scan.  Will know results Thursday.  Hopefully they will confirm that there is some brain matter in my skull.  And that things are hooked up OK.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

205023981_ScreenShot2020-10-21at9_42_11AM.thumb.png.50a79f73285391633f7f888c600ad5ee.png

1786274622_ScreenShot2020-10-21at9_42_32AM.png.9f2e9037ea2b72ae9bc5ba9c6a71200f.png

• Like 1

Hi Terry, hope everything turns out well.  I know I have had Cat Scans before and for me, it is MUCH easier than an 

MRI......actually, the one time I was supposed to have an MRI I could not do it........I don't normally get claustrophobic

but in this case, OMG......I could not finish the MRI........felt like I was going to have a panic attack or something😲

Now for a Cat Scan? I felt like there was much more room around me and it was much easier. 

Good luck with your results, Terry.  Yes, a CAT scan is a walk in the park compared with MRI.   I had quite a few some years ago, to see the progress of a (benign) brain tumour, and actually found that I felt better with my eyes open than, the first time, keeping them shut.  It was the loud noise which rather got me down.  But they are fantastic for diagnosis.  A few people do need some sedation beforehand, and even fewer can't face them at all.  Once you have had one, if you need more it feels so much less worrying.

We have some lovely 'fall' leaf colours in our garden, prettier than usual.  And so lucky to have a garden at all.

Lola

• Like 1

In the past 13 years, I have had numerous CT scans and MRIs but the most fun is a PET scan where you must remain motionless for an hour before while they shoot radioactive material into your veins.  That is followed by a lengthy MRI.  It was actually pretty funny to be approached by a tech in a full hazmat suit.  He then opened a lead lined box, took out a syringe and shot the contents into me!  The good news is that I am still here to tell the tale 13 years post diagnosis!  

i agree with DaveyWavey ... it’s just good to be alive.  

• Like 4