Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

This info for USA residents. It was posted by a lady in our condo whose husband died recently and I thought it might be useful to others.

FEMA Program for Funeral Expenses for Covid Deaths

I just learned about a FEMA program that reimburses all or part of funeral expenses for anyone who died of Covid or complications of Covid after January 20, 2020. The decedent must have died in the United States, or a territory and the program does not discriminate due to citizenship, income, age, or underlying health conditions. The Death Certificate must identify Covid as a cause or contributor of the decedent’s death. Application must be made by telephone, but supporting documentation can be submitted by mail, fax, or electronically through a secure on-line portal. The actual telephone interview takes about 20 minutes with a live person, rather than a computer-generated voice.

I had no problem with the entire procedure, including establishing an account with the secure on-line portal. I have no idea if I will receive any reimbursement, but it’s free to ask.

Please visit www.fema.gov/disaster/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance for more information. Also, please pass this along.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mysty said:

Capture.JPG.e3c2e17736e2c02c89ac678c1866252f.JPG

A very timely reminder. My eldest son is in the process over the next few days of finishing writing his final year thesis for engineering. We trying to keep everything calm around here so he doesn't stress to much and show the fear to his computer 😁.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

CTRL+S a lot and back up the files very, very frequently.

Thanks Stumblefoot. He assures me he is doing this. I asked the question a few days ago as we had a big storm our way where some houses lost power, thankfully not ours. I asked because they were predicting more wild weather to come.

• Like 2

I've been sifting through a lot of old photos, mainly prints and slides which I converted a few years ago into digital files.  Now I'm backing them up from DVDs to a portable hard drive.  Don't worry.  I'm not going to bore you with them. But maybe only this one which might amuse some of you.  I love immersive wildlife experiences and count my trips to Africa and Antarctica, for example, as one of the best things I've ever done.  As a young schoolboy I had a friend whose big sister worked at London Zoo and I remember going behind the scenes there and holding a lion cub.  But in the mid-1980s I was able to meet many Hollywood actors and directors and one day a friend took me out of Los Angeles to the Soledad Canyon to meet Tippi Hedren, the actress best known for two Hitchcock movies - The Birds and Marnie - and also for her Shambala Reserve where she kept a great number of big cats.  While Tippi never let us get close to the tigers she did let us walk with her pride of lions and, I have to tell you, sitting on the ground with a fully mature male lion towering above you is something I'll never forget.  I don't have a photo of that but I do have this shot of me and one of her leopards.

51611129370_5a33c44063_o.jpg

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I've been sifting through a lot of old photos, mainly prints and slides which I converted a few years ago into digital files.  Now I'm backing them up from DVDs to a portable hard drive.  Don't worry.  I'm not going to bore you with them. But maybe only this one which might amuse some of you.  I love immersive wildlife experiences and count my trips to Africa and Antarctica, for example, as one of the best things I've ever done.  As a young schoolboy I had a friend whose big sister worked at London Zoo and I remember going behind the scenes there and holding a lion cub.  But in the mid-1980s I was able to meet many Hollywood actors and directors and one day a friend took me out of Los Angeles to the Soledad Canyon to meet Tippi Hedren, the actress best known for two Hitchcock movies - The Birds and Marnie - and also for her Shambala Reserve where she kept a great number of big cats.  While Tippi never let us get close to the tigers she did let us walk with her pride of lions and, I have to tell you, sitting on the ground with a fully mature male lion towering above you is something I'll never forget.  I don't have a photo of that but I do have this shot of me and one of her leopards.

51611129370_5a33c44063_o.jpg

What a wonderful experience!  Thanks for the smile this morning!

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

As per JP's post elsewhere, future packing list to omit headphones for me, hoping Karen will share.

Neither of you is a photographer, then, who prefer to shoot out ahead or lag behind for pics w/o random strangers???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

No way I could go without music

Yes, same here, but its always 2nd to a hug...  & I don't go without.   I have so much enjoyed the musicians on our 2 cruises, and found their live music delightful, whether on violin, on piano, a trio playing dance music, or an Irishman playing songs from his homeland.  Probably some others too which are bit hazy in my memory for whatever reason.

Here's some Friday night music if anyone is in the mood

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, zqtchas said:

This info for USA residents. It was posted by a lady in our condo whose husband died recently and I thought it might be useful to others.

FEMA Program for Funeral Expenses for Covid Deaths

Thanks for sharing.  My "gentleman friend" passed away last November from COVID-19 and his daughter applied for and received reimbursement for the funeral home expenses through this program.  She said the process was very straightforward and is not based on income or need.  We've found that not many people are aware of this program, so thanks for spreading the word. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1