Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 hours ago, UpstateJan said:

So this interesting and enticing email greeted me upon my return from lunch:

Hi, Jan!  Did you suffer a case of "indigestion" after reading this messaging from Mark Conroy?  Very interesting as to how this is almost worded to sound like Silversea had taken over RCL and allowed them to absorbed within SS.  Right?

It could be either a "smooth ride" and/or a "rocky roller-coaster" as this "MERGER" plays out.  There are very different "cultures" and styles between Silversea versus Royal Caribbean.  Will the "bean counters" allow Silversea to keep customers and personalized service as their top priorities?

On Rocketman, we saw and enjoyed the Elton John bio picture very much last night.  It is gaining 90% from https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocketman_2019.   Fun, interesting film reflecting his earlier career that was terribly mixed up by his heavy drug abuse, alcohol overuse, lack of family love and sexual excesses.  However, super great music, to to with that wild lifestyle.  Plus, how many remember that Elton performed for Rush Limbaugh at his latest, fourth marriage in Palm Beach?  Now, Elton is doing his three-year-long "farewell tour"!   Never boring or bland with Elton John!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 235,858 views. 

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Honestly Terry, I snarfed my iced tea out of my nose laughing.  I do love Monty Python, and could hear the "and now for something completely different" - goldfish swallowing the whale indeed.   I think it is most generous that Silversea is willing to expose me to their newest acquisition with a bargain $200 credit.  I will pass on the offer, ironically, my next cruise is in fact on RCCL (we're travelling with some other family members which makes SS not affordable, and its only a 1 week adventure, which Celebrity & SS were 10 days - 2 weeks. 

I will say with all seriousness, I will have a great time on this cruise, love the people we're travelling with, and we could be spending the week on a leaky life boat and still have a great time.   The price was certainly right, especially since .... yes, Jeremy has found his retirement house, and it looks like we'll be moving early mid August, so this won't be impacting our finances even a little.   We're starting the 2020 planning, and his pick is Alaska with Canadian Rockies, we shall see.   I'm getting 2021 - so looking for suggestions 😀

• Like 1

Hi Terry, glad you enjoyed the movie. Yes, his life took some very dark turns but he seems to have come out on the other side with a person he loves and 2 little boys!:classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, UpstateJan said:

Honestly Terry, I snarfed my iced tea out of my nose laughing.   I think it is most generous that Silversea is willing to expose me to their newest acquisition with a bargain $200 credit.  I will pass on the offer, ironically, my next cruise is in fact on RCCL (we're travelling with some other family members which makes SS not affordable, and its only a 1 week adventure, which Celebrity & SS were 10 days - 2 weeks. 

That is super funny about "snarfed my iced tea out of my nose laughing".  

As much as many were not thrilled to see this communication from Mark Conroy about the Silversea/RCCL connections, the rest of your message does make a valid point.  There are different audiences and varied needs.  Doing a family cruise for a wider and large group has different goals and budget standards. It could work as a decent "marriage" from a marketing standpoint.  Will be interested to see how Silversea plays with their rewards program, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 221,035 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, glad you enjoyed the movie. Yes, his life took some very dark turns but he seems to have come out on the other side with a person he loves and 2 little boys!:classic_biggrin:

YES!!  Very good point by Lois about Elton John staying sober for the past 22 years and fining love, creating his own familiy, raising their two little boys, etc., etc. Sound like a good finish and happy ending. 

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 83,431 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

13 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

Have an awesome cruise, Davey! Did you ever connect with Captain Paul in Sitka?

YES, best wishes for Davey.  Looking forward to following along.  Below is the daily schedule for your cruise starting Monday.  Hope you can do a number of posts and updates here on the Cruise Critic boards.  Some of your ports will be different than on our upcoming cruise. The three below in bold are most of interest as to what you will be doing there, your experiences, etc.  

Mon., June 17, Vancouver depart 6 pm
Tues., June 18, Inside Passage (scenic cruising)
Wed., June 19, Ketchikan 8 am-5 pm
Thurs., June 20, Sitka 9 am-7 pm
Fri., June 21, Haines noon-8 pm
Sat., June 22, Juneau 7 am-5 pm
Sun., June 23, Wrangell 9 am-6 pm
Mon., June 24, Walker Cove 6 am-11 am and Rudyerd Bay 12:30-8:30 pm
Tues., June 25, Prince Rupert (British Columbia) 6 am-5 pm
Wed., June 26, Inside Passage (scenic cruising)
Thurs., June 27, Vancouver 8 am

For our July 25 Silver Muse cruise from Sitka, we are all hooked-up and booked with Captain Paul Davis of Gallant Adventures.  Very excited about that personalize and up-close exploring.  

Mysty's funny does hit home as yesterday i was at the dentist's chair getting the final work done on two new (and costly) crowns being placed on two back molars.  Then, in early July, our dentist (named Dr. Smiley, yes, no kidding), will do two more of those big back molars.  Lots of "pain", including to my shrinking wallet. 

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,178 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Many thanks TTS, Spinns, JP, Lois, M, Jan, Terry. Sooo excited now 68 hours till take off! 

I'll be looking out for that Sarong M 🙂

In answer to your question Terry, in Ketchikan we've booked for the Great Alaskan Lumberjack show (you have to do one tacky touristy thing on each holiday) in the morning and a Misty Fjords flight seeing trip for the afternoon. Sitka we've a 1/2 day whale watching excursion booked and Juneau we've got the helicopter flight up to the dog sledding on the glacier. Internet permitting I will post each day hopefully.

Im all tekked up to the  eyeballs, I've got my phone for food shots, my DJI Spark drone, My action camera, Osmo Pocket and Insta 360 one x camera! Ive just tried a new thing this morning mounting my 360 camera onto my drone and sending it up. Worked quite well really. It's a boring clip but gives me an idea of how to use it in Alaska. Link of the footage to follow when uploaded to youtube. Does anyone know if 360 photos work on cruise critic?

Hope all coolers are keeping well!

Edited by Daveywavey70
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

In answer to your question Terry, in Ketchikan we've booked for the Great Alaskan Lumberjack show (you have to do one tacky touristy thing on each holiday) in the morning and a Misty Fjords flight seeing trip for the afternoon. Sitka we've a 1/2 day whale watching excursion booked and Juneau we've got the helicopter flight up to the dog sledding on the glacier. Internet permitting I will post each day hopefully.

Im all tekked up to the  eyeballs, I've got my phone for food shots, my DJI Spark drone, My action camera, Osmo Pocket and Insta 360 one x camera! Ive just tried a new thing this morning mounting my 360 camera onto my drone and sending it up. Worked quite well really. It's a boring clip but gives me an idea of how to use it in Alaska. Link of the footage to follow when uploaded to youtube. Does anyone know if 360 photos work on cruise critic?

Great mix of wonderful details as to your planned port activities, etc.  PLUS, love all of the "visual weapons" you will have and deploy for this cruise starting on Monday.  Enjoyed the little video sample provided with your DJI tool.  Looks fun and interesting.  Excited to see and learn more during the next two weeks.  Keep it coming. 

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 45,875 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337