Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning friends....going for a hair cut later and I have 2 coupons to Bed, Bath and Beyond...love that store:classic_biggrin:

Made my final payment for my Oct river cruise:classic_smile:

Have a good day all!

Well that’s curious. A couple of months ago our entire voyage (17th June, Muse) suddenly went from lots of availability to none whatsoever overnight and has shown as waitlist ever since. Having just looked now it’s suddenly opened up again all cats from vista to Deluxe verandah. Most peculiar.

52 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well that’s curious. A couple of months ago our entire voyage (17th June, Muse) suddenly went from lots of availability to none whatsoever overnight and has shown as waitlist ever since. Having just looked now it’s suddenly opened up again all cats from vista to Deluxe verandah. Most peculiar.

For our July 25, 2019, Silver Muse sailing, the Silversea website does go twistingly up and down as to being all wait-listed, versus having avails in many different cabin categories.  Yesterday, it said ALL was on wait-list.  Right now, this morning, it showed avails in eight of the nine categories.  Strange and confusing??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 246,576 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry...the exact same "Waitlist" to availability happened 2 days ago on the Muse's June 17 Vancouver to Vancouver.  From being waitlisted for over a month suddenly 6 categories opened up, 5 still available this evening.  I was wondering if Rest Assured insurance kicked in for  a number of folks over weather predictions.

20 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

For our July 25, 2019, Silver Muse sailing, the Silversea website does go twistingly up and down as to being all wait-listed, versus having avails in many different cabin categories.  Yesterday, it said ALL was on wait-list.  Right now, this morning, it showed avails in eight of the nine categories.  Strange and confusing??!!

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 246,576 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hello all, I hope you dont mind me joining in here.

Its interesting to read about the many cruises being waitlisted on and off, we booked our cloud 22nd July cruise in February, at the time, guarantee vista suite was only available, and everything else was waitlisted. I check regularly but still no cabin allocated, however different categories continually come back as available, currently silver suite and deluxe verandah suite, but tomorrow will be nothing or something completely different. The not knowing is driving me crazy....

Hi Gogo, you are very welcome here. For Our sailing for tomorrow we were down s GTY since we booked several months ago. It was exactly 2 weeks to the day that they allocated the cabins and changed us from a vista to a verandah. Patience is a virtue 🙂

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hi Gogo, you are very welcome here. For Our sailing for tomorrow we were down s GTY since we booked several months ago. It was exactly 2 weeks to the day that they allocated the cabins and changed us from a vista to a verandah. Patience is a virtue 🙂

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks Daveywavey, ill keep checking everyday....I dont really mind where I am, it is what it is, however it does play games with you when cabin availability changes so rapidly!

12 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Know exactly what you mean. I was worrying when 5 categories became waitlisted overnight several months ago that it was a large group. it stayed waitlist for months and  It’s only 48 hours before sailing that all 5 opened  up again. 

Enjoy your trip 😊

Good morning and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the Dads, Grandads, Step-dads, and whatever other wonderful folks who are in that very special category.  My Dad was my best friend and I think of him every day and miss him all the time. Thankfully my memories are sweet and good:classic_smile:

Here is some information about the day

https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/fathers-day

And of course of few images

Image result for Fathers Day

I remember as a kid,  I made a hand print for my Dad.

If I may, as the daughter, I want to say Dad's and Daughters have a special bond...well, in my case it was very special....he was my hero, my best friend and got me involved in my love of sports...football, baseball, golf....he loved this day as the US OPEN always falls on Father's Day Sunday:classic_smile:

A few Dad/Daughter images...……

Image result for Dads and Daughters

Image result for Dad and daughter watching golf on tv

The last one......dad and his daughter watching tv together...…..we did that when I was a kid.....

On 6/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

This happened to me on my Galapgos cruise next year.  Then I get a phone call to say that my cruise was cancelled as a travel agency had chartered the whole ship.  So instead of celebrating my birthday in the Galapagos, I'll be 'celebrating'(?!) on board a plane instead.

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Ditto 

Happy father's day!

Appreciate these good wishes on Father's Day!!  Great day to celebrate before tomorrow being our 47th wedding anniversary.  Lots of partying??!!  Was down recently in Charlottesville, Va., for time with our son and the two grandsons.  Below are pictures of them.  They are growing up FAST!!  The youngest will be seven in late July.  The other is now age eight.  As shown, they are reading and doing very well. It's fun being a grandfather!!

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 221,140 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Our two grandson are growing up fast and progressing, including their love for reading.  Second is the youngest grandson showing his good form for playing tennis.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1842224781_CMA_18102.jpg.0c80990d6c5cfd2a6c8a6edffafe4ac0.jpg

1494213118_CMA_16971.thumb.jpg.c70ad7d2375fd43678aeab3f06737cd3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Terry, very handsome grandsons!!!! Nice to see them reading a "real book":classic_smile:

I keep forgetting you have family in Charlottesville...….whenever I think of that area, you know what comes to mind:classic_sad:...….

Hope everyone has a good day.....the golf comes on at 2.  I will be watching.

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, very handsome grandsons!!!! Nice to see them reading a "real book":classic_smile:   I keep forgetting you have family in Charlottesville...….whenever I think of that area, you know what comes to mind:classic_sad:...….  Hope everyone has a good day.....the golf comes on at 2.  I will be watching.

Appreciate the kind comments on our "handsome grandsons".  I give the credit to the genes from my wife and our son's wife. Yes, the U.S. Open TV coverage starts at 2 pm EDT.  BUT, the top six players will not be teeing off until between 5-5:30 pm EDT.  That's when I will tune in for the excitement of watching those incredible setting at Pebble Beach.  So super scenic!!!  Plus, the golf action should be very, very good.  

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 83,589 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226