Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi Mysty, that is a very good one:classic_biggrin:

Do we have an coolers in California? I was falling asleep last night, then woke up and had changed the channel...…..and there is news about another earthquake!:classic_sad:

Thankfully no fatalities......but a 7.1 is not small.....and they say another one may happen in the next couple

of days as well.:classic_wacko:

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Thursday we relaxed at home for most of the day before heading into Albany for dinner, then we walked to the Empire State Plaza for the fireworks. Made for a late night, so 5AM came early today, but we managed to survive work. Now, off for the weekend!

Yes, fireworks can be fun and exciting.  Below is a picture from our town's big downtown celebration called . . . "RED, WHITE and BOOM!!"   Cute name?

WOW with that second California earthquake.  7.1 is a biggie!!  Here in Ohio, it is more hot, HOT weather, plus lots of scattered thunderstorms, etc.  The rain is keeping our grass green and looking good.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,925 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

From Central Ohio's "RED, WHITE and BOOM!!", here are a couple of visual highlights snapped with my iPhone.  :

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)IMG_4011.thumb.jpg.b47cdb0e8312581fb746bdf490c554fc.jpg

IMG_4028.thumb.jpg.068bf8406263f3b471457bae068eaf2c.jpg

Hi Terry, guess what? That name is used everywhere.,,.they called it the same thing here....Red, White and Boom....must be a "Universal Title"....if someone put a patent on it? They could make a pretty penny:classic_wink:

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Name this puppy Juneau. God bless him and all who sail with him.

Cute puppy!!  Is Juneau a black lab?  For Lois, YES, somebody would have made some serious money if that had obtained a patent or copyright on the phrase "Red, White & Bloom".  Will check with the local TV station that started the fireworks here as to the sourcing for that name.  

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 236,347 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Congratulations to the USA Women for winning the World Cup against the Netherlands in Lyon, France.  Big 2-0 victory!!!

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 247,797 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Huge kudos to all the players who made the tournament such compulsive viewing. Particularly hats off to the competitiveness, skill and commitment of all the teams without the silly histrionics that plagues the men's game.

USA thoroughly deserved their win. 

Yes, the gals looked good.....big Congrats go out to them!:classic_biggrin:.....they have won back to back World cups!.....our guys are not nearly as good!:classic_wacko:

17 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

He's  a Springer cross Cocker Terry.

YES!!  Very, very cute and Juneau can already play the piano at such a young age.  Impressive!!

:

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 247,797 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi friends...…..Terry, did you read the news about that little tot who fell over the ledge on Freedom of the Seas?:classic_sad:......the grandfather was holding her and from what I read, he dropped her and omg...……….she was only 18 months...…...or maybe she was about 2.  They are from South Bend, Indiana...…..the ship was in in San Juan...….. I cannot imagine what that family is going through and why he would have been holding her on a window ledge:classic_angry:

56 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends...…..Terry, did you read the news about that little tot who fell over the ledge on Freedom of the Seas?:classic_sad:......the grandfather was holding her and from what I read, he dropped her and omg...……….she was only 18 months...…...or maybe she was about 2.  They are from South Bend, Indiana...…..the ship was in in San Juan...….. I cannot imagine what that family is going through and why he would have been holding her on a window ledge:classic_angry:

Yes, sadly, have followed this tragic story.  You have summed up well my serious question when you asked: "Why he would have been holding her on a window ledge"?  From CNN, they noted: "The 18-month-old girl was playing with her grandfather in a dining hall on deck 11 of the Freedom of the Seas. The dining area has large windows, and one pane was open.  The grandfather sat the girl in the window and lost his balance, and the girl fell to her death.  The toddler's father is a police officer in South Bend, Indiana, according to the South Bend Police Department."

That ship hold 4500 passengers.  A little too, too large for my personal pleasure and style.  Grandfathers, especially police officers, should be careful and know better.  

Full CNN story at: 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/08/us/toddler-falls-cruise-ship-trnd/index.html

THANKS!  Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 83,988 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Another near miss in Venice ..... this time Costa.

Cruise Law News has the full story and videos, but in essence it says

This weekend, a well forecasted storm struck Venice. As predicted by the weather services, the storm brought with it high winds and heavy rain (as well as hail) to Venice.  Despite the wind and rain, the Costa Deliziosa tried to leave port, with several tugs at its bow and stern. The Costa ship lost control as it headed into the curve of the Giudecca canal. The Costa ship was filmed narrowly avoiding crashing into Venice.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/

Well, looks like banks/credit unions actually can do their job correctly...……..I got a call from my Credit Union...…..they were making sure I had approved a charge on my VISA.....I DID NOT:classic_unsure:.  Looks like someone got hold of my VISA number:classic_angry:

The gal who called was very nice and the card is now invalid and they are sending me a new one.  Someone was up in North Carolina and tried to get gas (it declined that one) but there were 2 others...….she said they are marking them as fraudulent.

One was to a "WING STOP"...……not sure how they honored it...guess they did not match ID with name:classic_wacko:.....and another charge for some sort of writing company. 

I will go see my credit union tomorrow in person but at least the folks in credit card part are keeping their eyes open for this kind of stuff!:classic_sad: