Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning...…...good one Mysty, wish I could travel forward until Spring.....I am now even more seriously going over my "retirement plan"...…..this gig is just not doing it for me anymore...…..Dec will be 29 years with the company.:classic_rolleyes:

JP, I just checked on line and they removed that cc from my banking info...….I should be getting a new card sometime next week.  Fortunately I have others I can use in the meantime.

It’s our 50th Anniversary tomorrow.

We’ve crossed to the Mornington Peninsula to a hotel in a vineyard. Having a degustation dinner with matched wines tonight. 

Tomorrow a family dinner in a lovely house, then having 20 friends for lunch on Saturday. Later that night a family dinner at a new restaurant. 

Playing A Grade!  

It has been an interesting 50 years and we still enjoy having dinner together and travelling with each other. 

Hoping for many more years of travel together. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jillyf said:

It’s our 50th Anniversary tomorrow.   We’ve crossed to the Mornington Peninsula to a hotel in a vineyard. Having a degustation dinner with matched wines tonight. 

Tomorrow a family dinner in a lovely house, then having 20 friends for lunch on Saturday. Later that night a family dinner at a new restaurant.   It has been an interesting 50 years and we still enjoy having dinner together and travelling with each other. Hoping for many more years of travel together. 

YES!!  Congrats and best wishes for many more.  Sounds like fun and exciting activities planned to celebrate.  Three weeks ago we celebrated our 47th and we need to look ahead and consider our options as to the best way to celebrate that upcoming (hopefully) 50th.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 222,997 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

@jillyf Jill, best wishes and wishing you many more adventures together! I hope we grow up to travel as much as you do. We are trying to catch up though we have 26 more years to go!

@TLCOhio Terry, where are you staying in the Calgary area? As you may remember, we went to Banff for a long weekend last year. If our destinations overlap any, I'll toss a few last-minute recommendations your way.

11 hours ago, jillyf said:

It’s our 50th Anniversary tomorrow.

We’ve crossed to the Mornington Peninsula to a hotel in a vineyard. Having a degustation dinner with matched wines tonight. 

Tomorrow a family dinner in a lovely house, then having 20 friends for lunch on Saturday. Later that night a family dinner at a new restaurant. 

Playing A Grade!  

It has been an interesting 50 years and we still enjoy having dinner together and travelling with each other. 

Hoping for many more years of travel together. 

WOW:classic_biggrin:…..wishing you a VERY Happy Anniversary!!!! The Golden 1...……..how awesome!  Sounds like you have some wonderful plans for the weekend!

On 7/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, jpalbny said:

@TLCOhio Terry, where are you staying in the Calgary area? As you may remember, we went to Banff for a long weekend last year. If our destinations overlap any, I'll toss a few last-minute recommendations your way.

Yes, J.P., love from you and/or anyone else to be offering any added tips, secrets, ideas, etc.  For Calgary, one night, July 16, Tuesday: we will be overnight in Calgary Marriott, next to the Calgary Tower downtown. 

July 17 & 18, two nights at Banff, Moose Hotel and Suites.  Could not afford the $800 a night at the more historic and famed Banff hotel.

July 19 & 20,  After driving the Icefields Parkway, doing Lake Louise, two nights in Jasper at Sawridge Inn.  

Then, July 21-22 from Jasper, two full days on the Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Goldleaf Service with an overnight in Kamloops.

July 22, Monday, arriving Vancouver in early evening, staying at Georgian Court Hotel, 773 Beatty St, close to Yaletown district’s restaurants, near Gastown, Chinatown, shopping, etc.  Thursday, July 25, boarding Silver Muse.  

Does this help?

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Yes, Terry. Those Fairmonts are pricey! But the properties are just gorgeous, and it was our anniversary, so I splurged. And it was only Canadian dollars, so it wasn't a big deal... 😉  Just kidding, mysty. 😄

Will you be self-driving in these areas? A lot depends on that. I will try to get some ideas and pictures together for you - though I am working this weekend and it may be chaotic. Stay tuned. 

20 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yes, Terry. Those Fairmonts are pricey! But the properties are just gorgeous, and it was our anniversary, so I splurged. And it was only Canadian dollars, so it wasn't a big deal... 😉  Just kidding, mysty. 😄   Will you be self-driving in these areas? A lot depends on that. I will try to get some ideas and pictures together for you - though I am working this weekend and it may be chaotic. Stay tuned. 

Yes, those Fairmonts are BOTH pricey and gorgeous.  We definitely want to visit and sample the Fairmont in Banff.  Having lunch there and/OR walking around would definitely be more affordable, but still allowing for lots of ENJOYMENT!!

We will be driving on Wednesday to Banff in a rental car and have that vehicle till Saturday night in Jasper.  Yes, love to see more and gain added tips from you, etc.  

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 46,293 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Doesn’t time fly!

Last year, on 3rd April, we booked a cruise. That was 15 months ago!  Now we are finally down to two figures, We leave in 99 days and sail in 100 days .. whoopee!!!

On the bright side ... the price had doubled to what we paid - and it is now waitlisted.

obviously pays to book early 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Doesn’t time fly!

Last year, on 3rd April, we booked a cruise. That was 15 months ago!  Now we are finally down to two figures, We leave in 99 days and sail in 100 days .. whoopee!!!

On the bright side ... the price had doubled to what we paid - and it is now waitlisted.

obviously pays to book early 😀

Good morning, always fun when it is in the double digit range! So am I:classic_biggrin: I didn't book 15 months ago but still, October can't get here soon enough!!!!

Yet another weekend at work... Haven't had time yet to clean the fish tank. Hopefully today.

Have to go upstairs and get ready but the cat is sprawled out in the foyer. 

20190714_085001.thumb.jpg.54ab54f06aaf0f189c7d9e8346581174.jpg

Don't want to disturb the old girl. I'll have another cup of coffee and wait a few minutes. Happy weekend all! 

• Like 1

Greetings Coolers!

Your funny is hilarious JP!  Thank you!

I'll see your porcupine and raise you a "senior moment" even though you are not there yet!  🙂

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGSGrUKN8L-z_b9SacqXC

Have a great day all!

• Haha 1