Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning, Terry, wonderful photos...….loving all the produce:classic_biggrin:

Well, seems my back is better!...…No pain and the meds didn't cost me anything!  That was a bit weird to say the least.

If I had known it was going to heal in an few extra days, I would not have even gone to the Dr. Oh well.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2

Good morning...….Mysty, those are so cute:classic_biggrin:...….

I think I am going to see the movie  "Yesterday" today....looks  really good.  Last move I saw was RocketMan…..so will see how this one goes..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning...….Mysty, those are so cute:classic_biggrin:...….

I think I am going to see the movie  "Yesterday" today....looks  really good.  Last move I saw was RocketMan…..so will see how this one goes..

By tomorrow you'll have seen Yesterday yesterday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mysty said:

Stumble....I'm very sure the "funny" is not a reflection on your style of camping!  🙂 Enjoy the rest of the glorious summer! 

Haha!  You are so right Mysty.  Whatever we’re doing, we only know how to do it one way; first class, just like our favorite cruise line does it. 😉

Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer too!  We are anxiously awaiting JP & Chris’s trip to Iceland here to tide our cruising urges over while spending time in our mountains.

• Like 2

Good morning all and Happy Monday! In a week we shall be boarding in Reykjavik, assuming all goes well.

In the ICU for this week of work, but only a short week ending Friday afternoon (short, because I don't work the weekend). Saturday night we fly out of Boston and arrive in Keflavik Sunday AM. We decided not to get a rental car so we will take the bus to our hotel.

We will be busy nonetheless. We have a tour planned for 1PM, called "inside the volcano" where we hike to a lava tube, then go inside and explore. After we get back to Reykjavik we're going to meet up with at least one other couple on the cruise for dinner. Monday morning we will try to arrange a horseback ride before embarkation - just have to make sure that the times work OK.

We were hanging with my siblings this past weekend - all five of us met up on Cayuga Lake, where my sister rents a lake house for two weeks every summer. Lots of fun. It's so pretty there. Enjoy a shot of the sunset.

20190727_194439.thumb.jpg.7c507c10069446943ecb39190e9e95e6.jpg

When we got home yesterday afternoon, the first few cherry tomatoes had ripened. They didn't last long! The dark red ones were delicious. 

20190728_162634.thumb.jpg.a6505432920789414818c83088891adb.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

Looks like a good idea, mysty! 

I replaced the ceiling fan in our bedroom last night. That was sweaty work. Could have used a cold G&T but I'm on call so I settled for seltzer instead. Not really a fair trade. 

Laundry tonight then preliminary packing. Only a few days to go! Will have to see what we can fit into our small suitcases. And figure out what I'm forgetting...

• Like 2

Have fun JP  

I was underwhelmed with Iceland and nonplussed with the over the top expedition management procedures in the Arctic….. sheep ain't in it… no more for me

AECO have a serious ( and worthy ) mission statement BUT the effect at the coal face is a degrading of the guests experience to banal or less.

good luck… 😊

Good morning folks,  JP, I know you had a trip coming up...….I forgot you leave soon! 

I am looking at taking my first TA Crossing. I was going to try and sail with our favorite line but timing doesn't seem to be working.  What I want to do is 1) crossing and then 2) get on another cruise since I will be in Europe.  I will look at some of the other lines out there...…….I know they all do a spring crossing.  Celebrity actually does one and it ends in Dublin. Not sure I want to sail on the "big ships" again.  I may look at Windstar.

Have a good day.

I will be interested to see what you come up with, Lois. I would enjoy a TA (maybe) if we had unlimited time but right now that isn't in the cards for quite a while. The forced rest might be good for us.

My neck and shoulders are a little sore from that ceiling fan job last night. I had to stand on our bed and keep my balance while holding the motor unit in one hand, and connecting three wires with the other hand. No big tasks planned tonight! Just (hopefully) some rest. Unless my residents have other plans...

Dinner tonight - chicken thighs baked with lemon slices and mushrooms, served with a parsley dressing (garlic, oil, vinegar). Simple dish and it comes together quickly with some quinoa.

20190731_192049.thumb.jpg.96abc1836036777a587cf6a218ac4711.jpg

Looking forward to having someone else do the cooking in a few days, though. Saturday, the fun begins!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

Hi all, sorry Ive been a bit absent since returning from Alaska. We've had a manic few weeks. Firstly losing my old girl then as my Spaniel was taking  it so badly we got him a puppy to occupy him. He still hasn't forgiven me. All of this whilst helping my OH open his own Travel agency. Lots of midnight oil being burnt. He finally managed to open on Tuesday and things are going well so far. He's had a really positive start and some news that pleased me yesterday that SS have offered him a preferred partner status. I'm so proud of him and all of the hard work he's put into the opening. His many contacts in the industry have been really supportive and he's even had a few articles in the travel press. 

Loving the funnies M.

Not long to wait now JP.

Great RV Stumbles.

Good luck picking the right cruise Lois. Hows Venice panning out?

Love the pics Terry.

Missing Jeff. 

Normal service resumed shortly.

67561728_10219723506743877_162115348768751616_n.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Davey, good to see you again.:classic_smile: Nice photo...……..good luck with the Travel Agency!

Just waiting till October and Venice will be here...…….I really have not done anything as the excursions are all included and I will pick what I want to do after I board the ship.

I am in a bit of a pickle about the big retirement cruise. Celebrity has 2 cruises that look very good...….they do The British Isles which is very appealing to me but just not sure I want to sail a big ship again.  But if I book a suite I know the food will be better because they have a dining room for suite guests.

Then I was looking at Seabourn for their crossing and the price is very, VERY good. I know that would be a higher end experience....much smaller ship.   So the itineraries on Celebrity I really like but would love to

try Seabourn………...

JP, do you 2 leave tomorrow? Or am I confused?:classic_wacko:

Hello everyone.

We have been lurking by the water cooler for while, but this is the first time we have stopped for a drink.

We have not sailed on Silversea yet, but have two cruises planned;  Galapagos in December 2019 and Ushuaia to Capetown  in February 2021!

We appear to be relatively close neighbors to JP & Chris, and to Jan.  We actually live in Clifton Park, but on an international web site like Cruise Critic, our signature lists "Saratoga", since that is more likely to be identified, although many still say "Sarasota, is that in Florida?" 😳

Bon voyage, JP & Chris.  Glad you had a good time on Cayuga Lake.  We were sailing on Skaneateles Lake last weekend.

Lois, we are booked on a Seabourn TA in April from Miami to Barcelona - come join us. 😀

We just booked our second Alaska cruise.  Now to catch up on Terry's posts.

As noted, we have been following the food posts here, and want to add our latest pizza adventure, with our new pizza oven.

Ann & Peter239971715_20190708_185248(1).thumb.jpg.7878eb816dc452dc154ee001539fd19f.jpg1677078266_20190721_200136(1).thumb.jpg.7c06dd6601e97d756ebdd03bbc86b3a2.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Then I was looking at Seabourn for their crossing and the price is very, VERY good. I know that would be a higher end experience....much smaller ship.   So the itineraries on Celebrity I really like but would love to

try Seabourn………...

Lois, you posted this while we were writing our post.  Perhaps we are psychic!