Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning everyone from Reykjavik! We board in a half hour or so. All packed up and relaxing in our hotel room before we walk to the boat.

Lovely morning here, with bright sun and almost 15C. We wandered the waterfront after breakfast to enjoy the views. 

20190805_104647.thumb.jpg.997d69ba07c6a02255bf8dc80861efb6.jpg

20190805_105617.thumb.jpg.4c47c8f0f39131c9c9d00090d6c302a1.jpg

20190805_110710.thumb.jpg.a0b390fd5a289bcfa6e43459e71c1ff4.jpg

20190805_110648.thumb.jpg.5e33274c5c9a45f1b14432f12deed50a.jpg

20190805_111722.thumb.jpg.66d3f9e5b113d34170f243c186f5c21c.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful pix, Peter!

We have also been here in winter. It's such a different vibe, but beautiful then as well.

They just announced that the suites are ready, so time to pry ourselves loose from the Panorama Lounge and check it out. 

20190805_135840.thumb.jpg.b492e4375c7fbce36125177d54278f1f.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Good morning everyone from Reykjavik! We board in a half hour or so. All packed up and relaxing in our hotel room before we walk to the boat.   Lovely morning here, with bright sun and almost 15C. We wandered the waterfront after breakfast to enjoy the views. 

Good luck and safe travels as you are enjoying "OUR" Silver Cloud.  Our first of four trips on the Silver Cloud was nine years ago seeing many of the key sights along the Norway coast.  Wonderful ship.   Look forward to reading more and seeing nice pictures from your latest adventure.  In Anchorage now as we are getting ready to fly back to "real life" in Ohio

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 236,753 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

Good morning friends:classic_smile:....not sure if I posted my news or not..(I didn't go back see) but I booked the TA crossing on Seabourn for April...it is 22 days, leaves from Miami and ends in Rome.  And that is my retirement celebration cruise. I have decided at the end of March I will be disembarking this job...…….

And on Thursday (day after tomorrow) I will be flying down to Mexico to visit my sis and bil for a long weekend. Will be fun to see them again.

Have a good day:classic_smile:

• Like 2

Time for G&T here at the Cooler bar - that is, The Bar on Deck 5 of Silver Cloud.

20190806_182602.thumb.jpg.01cdc34d74859f6aa0ecbdd7c8a51a61.jpg

Chris has a Hendricks and mine is a Berkeley. Life is good. Lois, we had a toast for your good news. Envious that we can't follow you soon enough, but maybe in 10 years! 

Spins, the Emtbsams were pleased to hear from you! Cruise critic is such fun, meeting people from all over.

• Like 1

Well Coolers, Myster and I have decided it is time to sell the home we have lived in for almost 40 years.  We have found a lovely adult apartment community in a small town west of where we are currently living.  Over the last month we have been working to get the house ready to list.  The process has been complicated by the fact that I am a self-confessed pack rat.  Forty years with oodles of storage space has resulted in an endeavor that makes me feel like Sisyphus.  Sisyphus was a cruel Greek king who was punished by having to push a large rock up a steep hill, only to find it rolling back on nearing the top. Ever since, he has been known for pushing the rock tirelessly till eternity.  That dear Coolers has been my fate!  I have exactly 4 days left to whip what I haven't gotten rid of into something resembling order.  

fb1a7939cc94015a4376b33535b3cae2--self-storage-business-budget-storage.jpg.85d6fc29a14a8504abcb9e1c9deacb1c.jpg

One of the most stressful times of life the research says. 

We moved to a retirement "resort" 18 months ago and I have to say it has been the best move for us.

Many of our friends thought we were too young and it would be like a nursing home, however I have never been fitter or happier. 

When sorting what to take we sent photos of things to our children if we thought they would like them but nearly every time they just said "get rid of it". 

I did throw out some Christmas stockings that we used as decoration and one daughter was horrified when I said I may have tossed them. I’m keeping quiet!!

This was our 23rd move but it never gets easier. 

Good luck with the packing.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jillyf said:

One of the most stressful times of life the research says. 

This was our 23rd move but it never gets easier. 

Good luck with the packing.  

"One of the most stressful times of life the research says".   Amen to that Jill!  I'm waking up in the middle of the night thinking of things I have to add to the to-do list.  I don't know how you coped with 23 moves!  Thanks for your best wishes!

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Good luck M! Now you'll have an easier time doing more world cruises! 

We've been having a great time with the Emtbsams on our current cruise. They speak fondly of cruising with you.

Thanks JP!  I got a lot of things ticked off the to-do list today.  🙂  And we enjoyed our time with the EMTs!

• Like 1