Staterooms on Wind Spirit and Wind Star

Petoonya

Deb,

It's a tough choice whether or not to switch to BX. $800 is a lot of $ though! It would be $1000 for mine. It would be nice if we could call WS direct for cabins that might become available but doubt once TA is involved. And certainly can't call TA every week to call WS.

We are considering switching from the May 2021-17 day to the July-17 day. Only because whales are there and I'd LOVE the chance of being in the water with a whale.

I'm having difficulty finding TA to transfer booking to. My usual could only offer me $100 OBC but I have quotes from $450-$600 OBC. It's a shame we can't share names of TA's but I understand why.

Good to talk to you again.

Nancy

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1

We will be on right after you [emoji4] 8/1...

I read about the whales being around that time of year and what a cool experience! We have tons here in Oceanside but seeing them in Tahiti would be incredible.

Our TA offered us $100/obc and then $400obc from WS with the current promo.

Gonna have my TA call tomorrow and see which BX cabins are open. Still on the fence but would like to know the options before we decide. Still way ahead in savings from our original 2022 booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

We will be on right after you emoji4.png 8/1...

I read about the whales being around that time of year and what a cool experience! We have tons here in Oceanside but seeing them in Tahiti would be incredible.

Our TA offered us $100/obc and then $400obc from WS with the current promo.

Gonna have my TA call tomorrow and see which BX cabins are open. Still on the fence but would like to know the options before we decide. Still way ahead in savings from our original 2022 booking

Gosh Mini, maybe we should switch to 8/1. Although we might be battling each other for the same cabin, lol. I think you said that you were avid snorkelers too, and if so, some of the tours that require a minimum of four to book we'd have all set. And a good start for Ato in Fakarava, Would you care if we horned in on your 8/1 cruise? I can't remember how many nights you are going for- we'd want the 18 nites. Let me know 🙂

Oh! One last thing....we have tons of whales on the Oregon coast too, but in Moorea (and BB too) you can actually SWIM with the whales. That would blow me away. And August is the height of the season.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1

@Petoonya that would be amazing if we were on the same sailing and got the chance to finally meet! We are on for the 11-night portion and going to debark in Moorea at the Hilton for a couple of nights (1-3) depending on flight schedules back home.

Oh boy potentially swimming by or just being in the water with a whale nearby would be a bucket list experience for us. Sounds like the perfect time of year.

Let us know what you guys end up deciding and that will def help fill the minimum needed for excursions. I did talk to my TA today and we moved to 128. Ended up being around $350.

1 hour ago, minidonuts85 said:

@Petoonya that would be amazing if we were on the same sailing and got the chance to finally meet! We are on for the 11-night portion and going to debark in Moorea at the Hilton for a couple of nights (1-3) depending on flight schedules back home.

Oh boy potentially swimming by or just being in the water with a whale nearby would be a bucket list experience for us. Sounds like the perfect time of year.

Let us know what you guys end up deciding and that will def help fill the minimum needed for excursions. I did talk to my TA today and we moved to 128. Ended up being around $350.

Hi again Deb,

Ehhhhh, dh wants to go in May. The sooner the better, even though I think the longer we postpone the better chance we have of going. It's too bad as it really would help to make minimums for tours as you say. I think you'll enjoy the vanilla, pearl farm. Keep in mind though that Tahaa is truly spectacular with amazing snorkeling We only had 2 snorkel stops with Bruno and then the short stop at Coral Gardens outside of vanilla and pearl farms. If you do Marc's Nautique in Huahine I'm pretty sure you get vanilla and pearl too. (Maybe you're doing a ship tour?)

How on earth did you get a bx for just $350 more. Wow- that's fantastic. Going to see what we can do too.

We had 129 last time and it was perfect.

PS. I'm going to add the famous cabin list after I post this so that people aren't having to search for it. Email me at petuniafish at gmail dot com

Updated list 5/18/20

Happy sailing everyone!

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

105 smaller but very good x1, loud and hot x1

107 owners suite- quiet but some noise when anchor let down.

108 very good

109 noisy at night

110 very good

111 noisy

112 noisy x2, good x 1

114 noisy

115 noisy

117 very good

118 quiet, quiet but stairs go right outside room when tendering

119 good x1, but SEVERAL bad reviews for noise and location

120 quiet x1, very good x1

121 quiet

122 quiet x1, great x1

125 quiet

126 quiet x2

127 very good

128 quiet

129 very quiet

130 quiet x1, very good x1

131 quiet

132 quiet

133 quiet

134 quiet x 2

135 quiet

136 quiet x1, very good x1

137 quiet x2

138 noise in port x1, very good x1

139 quiet x1, very good x1

140 one said very quiet, another said noise from the bilge pump, another said good location no noise (!)

203 quiet

204 across from medical center but guests said it was very quiet

205 tender noise otherwise very good

207 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1

208 very good x1, engine noise x1

209 very good but noisy with tender operation

210 very good x1,  constant background engine noise x1, noisy when engines on x1 otherwise very good.

212 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1

214 noisy x 1, very good x 1

215 noisy x2

216 very good

217 very good

218 quiet

219 quiet x2

220 quiet x2

221 quiet

222 very good

224 quiet

228 very good

230 quiet

231 very good x3, convenient x1

234 very good

238 very good

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, Petoonya said:

Hi again Deb,

Ehhhhh, dh wants to go in May. The sooner the better, even though I think the longer we postpone the better chance we have of going. It's too bad as it really would help to make minimums for tours as you say. I think you'll enjoy the vanilla, pearl farm. Keep in mind though that Tahaa is truly spectacular with amazing snorkeling We only had 2 snorkel stops with Bruno and then the short stop at Coral Gardens outside of vanilla and pearl farms. If you do Marc's Nautique in Huahine I'm pretty sure you get vanilla and pearl too. (Maybe you're doing a ship tour?)

How on earth did you get a bx for just $350 more. Wow- that's fantastic. Going to see what we can do too.

We had 129 last time and it was perfect.

PS. I'm going to add the famous cabin list after I post this so that people aren't having to search for it. Email me at petuniafish at gmail dot com

Awww darn. Sounds like hubby is eager to go! Hopefully we will have a chance to meet on another sailing. 🙂

Sorry it was $350/pp. In Huahine, we are looking at the ships Motu Picnic and Poetainia seems to be the provider (based on pics I saw); no vanilla/pearl. I see Marc has one too. Def hoping we are in better shape to do the Coral Garden Drift; sounds amazing!

12 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

🙂

In Huahine, we are looking at the ships Motu Picnic and Poetainia seems to be the provider (based on pics I saw); no vanilla/pearl. I see Marc has one too.

Was going to do the 3 hour snorkel in Huahine but because we're there 2 days will probably do the motu picnic too. Really want to avoid the pearl farm stuff this time. Thanks for the suggestion. Heartfeltraveler is going to put off reserving shore tours for a bit until we know the Sept cruises work out. She cruises in Oct. It sounds like a good plan but last cruise we missed a couple things we wanted to do because we waited too long. A year away and my hands are getting itchy. But I'm rather OCD. Are you holding off?

Edited by Petoonya

Was going to do the 3 hour snorkel in Huahine but because we're there 2 days will probably do the motu picnic too. Really want to avoid the pearl farm stuff this time. Thanks for the suggestion. Heartfeltraveler is going to put off reserving shore tours for a bit until we know the Sept cruises work out. She cruises in Oct. It sounds like a good plan but last cruise we missed a couple things we wanted to do because we waited too long. A year away and my hands are getting itchy. But I'm rather OCD. Are you holding off?

I’m actually going to book the Motu picnic with WS prob today and then start sending inquires to Ato, etc. Based on your experience, do the independents on FP typically want payment upfront?

1 hour ago, minidonuts85 said:

I’m actually going to book the Motu picnic with WS prob today and then start sending inquires to Ato, etc. Based on your experience, do the independents on FP typically want payment upfront?

Deb,

It's about evenly split as to which independents want money up front in my experience. The ones that do usually only ask for it about a month before. BTW, I found another Fakarava tour provider that sounds especially good. Just two snorkel sites but they sound phenomenal. One of the sites is Pufuna that I've been to before and was wonderful. O2 Fakarava, another dive company that does snorkel trips. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g311416-d9996796-Reviews-or30-O2_Fakarava-Fakarava_Tuamotu_Archipelago.html

I can live without the Blue Lagoon as while it's lovely (but no snorkeling) there are other places equally beautiful on the cruise. I have sincere doubts about Ato's tour  as he sticks to his 6-8 minimum and I've never made that number. Fakarava O2 will book without a minimum and only takes 6 pass max.

Edited by Petoonya

On 5/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, minidonuts85 said:

Awww darn. Sounds like hubby is eager to go! Hopefully we will have a chance to meet on another sailing. 🙂

Sorry it was $350/pp. In Huahine, we are looking at the ships Motu Picnic and Poetainia seems to be the provider (based on pics I saw); no vanilla/pearl. I see Marc has one too. Def hoping we are in better shape to do the Coral Garden Drift; sounds amazing!

Deb,

Question for you? The reviews of the Poetainia motu picnic on Tripadvisor also describes the pearl farm stuff too. You think as it's Windstar operated they'd drop that piece? I'd sure like to do one without all that. What do you think? I've never been on a WS tour that included any commercial pieces.

Updated list 5/27/20

Happy sailing everyone!

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

108 very good

109 noisy at night

110 very good

111 noisy

112 noisy x2, good x 1

114 noisy

115 noisy

117 very good

120 quiet x1, very good x2

121 quiet

122 quiet x1, great x1

125 quiet, some odors

126 quiet x2

127 very good

128 quiet

129 very quiet

131 quiet

132 quiet

133 quiet

134 quiet x 2

135 quiet

137 quiet x2

138 noise in port x1, very good x1, excellent x2,

140 one said very quiet, another said noise from the bilge pump, another said good location no noise (!)

203 quiet

204 across from medical center but guests said it was very quiet, excellent

207 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1, very good cabin but slightly noisy when engine started

210 very good x1,  constant background engine noise x1, noisy when engines on x1 otherwise very good.

214 noisy x 1, very good x 1, excellent

215 noisy x2

216 very good, excellent

217 very good

218 quiet

219 quiet x2

220 quiet x2

221 quiet

222 very good, excellent

224 quiet

228 very good, excellent

230 quiet

231 very good x3, convenient x1, great

234 very good x 2, delightful, excellent

238 very good, best on ship

Edited by Petoonya
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Barrycat said:

Nancy

So glad to see your rating on cabin 130, thats the one we got on the 4/29/2021 sailing. Thank you Windstar.

Barry- we had 129. You got a perfect location!

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, MNgardens said:

I don't recall the cabin number but we stayed in the "owner's suite" on one of these two ships. It is really just a larger room. Our daughter slept on the sofa/bed.

I remember quite a bit of noise coming from the anchor being let down (and maybe up but it has been a few years.) We would wake up, identify the noise, and then fall back to sleep. I could see how it could be a problem for some people.

https://d2xks5907lvzsh.cloudfront.net/media/yachts/deck_plans/Spirit-Deck-Plan.1.3.18.pdf The deck plan

On Wind Spirit, the owner's suite is 107. As you advised, it is just a larger cabin with a very nice seating area.

• 3 months later...

Since Amphora is only used at dinner time, being under Amphora shouldn't be a noise issue. 

On the other hand, if you prefer your original location it would be best to let your TA know right away so the can get Windstar to reverse the upgrade. If you wait, your old room might be given out to someone else. The room is considered an upgrade because it is on a higher deck but there is no difference other than location in the rooms. It can be convenient to be on deck 2 on that ship because you are just one deck away from the amenities on deck 3.

Edited by new_cruiser

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, minidonuts85 said:

I saw some great deals on Tahiti cruises for 2021 so I moved up our sailing from Aug 2022 to Aug 2021 for a much lower price and went from a 10 to an 11 night.

We booked 106. I didn't see it on the list but 104 and 108 next door says quiet so here's hoping.....

Minidonuts85…can you give your opinion of cabin 106?   We will be in that cabin March 7.   Thanks!   

• 1 month later...

Updated March 4, 2022

Thought I'd update as many are cruising or booking again. Yay!!!!

Happy sailing everyone.

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

108 very good

109 noisy at night

110 very good

111 noisy

112 noisy x2, good x 1

114 noisy

115 noisy

117 very good

120 quiet x1, very good x2

121 quiet

122 quiet x1, great x1

125 quiet, some odors

126 quiet x2

127 very good

128 quiet

129 very quiet

131 quiet

132 quiet

133 quiet

134 quiet x 2

135 quiet

137 quiet x2

138 noise in port x1, very good x1, excellent x2,

203 quiet

204 across from medical center but guests said it was very quiet, excellent

207 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1, very good cabin but slightly noisy when engine started

214 noisy x 1, very good x 1, excellent

215 noisy x2

216 very good, excellent

217 very good

218 quiet

219 quiet x2

220 quiet x2

221 quiet

222 very good, excellent

224 quiet

228 very good, excellent

230 quiet

231 very good x3, convenient x1, great

234 very good x 2, delightful, excellent

238 very good, best on ship

• 7 months later...

Very happy with #208 on 9/28/2022 Tahiti cruise.  Steady engine noise when "on the road" but it was like sleeping with a fan on (white noise).  Rarely heard anything from hallway.  Quick run upstairs to lounge and coffee bar!

• 8 months later...

I was just on the Wind Spirit. 215 is near the aft of deck 2, near the small fitness center and medical center. The marina deck is aft on this level. I cannot think of any reason it would be abnormally noisy. I personally don't know of a bad room on the ship.

• Like 1