Compulsive cruise prep

So how many here have got off the ship in a great port ..you have done your research ....picked a great tour ....and the couple in front of you ....one turns to the other and says .....So ..what do we do here ???? I dont know....what do you want to do ????? I dont know what there is here to do ....makes me break into sweats just listening to them lol

:eek::eek:

This just isn't the thread for you. Those discussing planning here ENJOY these activities and dont consider it a waste of time. You and your smartphone are happy your way, we are sharing the things that make us happy together on this thread. As many of our comments have mentioned, we know a lot of people don't understand our pleasure in the detailed planning activity. That's why so many of us were excited to participate in this thread. Just leave us to it.

I Agree! I just love this thread and all my fellow planners!!!

I admit it! I am a compulsive planner! I LOVE looking forward to a cruise and planning allows me to look forward to it longer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have the number for the concierge? I am staying in the haven and have not received my luggage tags and I am less then 60 days out. My pcc is not responding to my emails or phone calls. Thank you in advance!!!

My luggage tags for my 9/16/2018 sailing arrived at about 7 weeks before sail date.

The concierge line number is 855-625-4283 (M-F 9:00 AM-6:00PM Eastern)

I can't wait to look for this every day. as a psych nurse I will be glad to hold group for all of us with this disorder....on as many cruise ships as I can!! Keep it coming!! ps..I ordered the magnets ... Just ordered new walking shoes...love amazon prime! 23 days to obsess..:D

If my DH has his way, he’d be chasing the ship down the pier... lucky for him, I’m a planner!! Sounds like your DH is the same way.

I’m jokingly referred to as the travel agent of the family. I even complete their online check in! My guy wouldn’t have underwear or a toothbrush when traveling if not reminded.

I’m jokingly referred to as the travel agent of the family. I even complete their online check in! My guy wouldn’t have underwear or a toothbrush when traveling if not reminded.

Funny you should say that. I was away on a business trip and trusted my husband to help our daughter pack for a trip to NYC. She had 5 pairs of underwear, 3 pants, 1 pair of PJs and the shirt on her back plus enough road snacks for an NFL team...

It was a 3 day trip[emoji23]

I grew up watching my mom plan every mile of our lengthy summer road trips. she had her AAA tourbooks, triptik, and a budget. Despite having very little money, we did some amazing trips because my mom knew how to find deals and budget. Of course, this meant driving to every destination, bologna sandwiches at rest stops, and never EVER buying a soda at an entertainment establishment. It's hard to break some of those old habits...

But, I love taking those skills and now showing my kids the amazing travel we can do on a budget. I show them how we can go on 4 ski trips for the same price most families spend on one. Planning lets us travel more, and travel is my favorite way to have family time and escape every day life.

I know some people may look at us as control freaks- but I think most of us do it for the enjoyment of really getting the most bang out of our travels!

I can't wait to look for this every day. as a psych nurse I will be glad to hold group for all of us with this disorder....on as many cruise ships as I can!! Keep it coming!! ps..I ordered the magnets ... Just ordered new walking shoes...love amazon prime! 23 days to obsess..:D

Can you Imagine a cruise full of compulsive cruise planners? That would be really fun!

I just got a new lightweight down vest (my cruise is Alaska) from Amazon.

I call it "Primenesia."

OK, you sound like my DH. He packs the day before we leave and has no part of the planning process. I just tell him when and where (I omit the how much)……..He is a spur of the moment kind of guy and I am the obsessive planner. I just can't imagine winging it and am sure I would totally freak out not having plans.

Love to meet him sounds perfect. I do not even do the packing rely on "her that must be obeyed" and off I go.

Things on Amazon like:

Door Decor

Straw

Mini Fan

Water Proof Bag - For cellphone or other doc if going swimming alone and you cannot leave your things on the beach.

Clothes Organizer bag

I saw the mini fan a few post back - genius! - A Mexican Riviera is coming up ;) but what is a clothes organizer bag? Which one/s do you like? Thanks!

bmwman,

What up with you ?? You are usually far more supportive to others comments.....really !

Maybe you just didn't have a good day.

Remember, people do things for their reasons..not ours.

Planning is part of travel in general. There is the anticipation, the cruise, and the memories.

It's just fun !!!!:cool:

Want to see some over the top planning ?? Have a look at the spreadsheet (below) for our roll call set up for October 2019. Port by Port by Port.

My apologies for offending but I simply do not get it maybe its a British thing I do not know.

Spreadsheet is very through indeed. The issue is I am also quite private on holiday and I will not do things in groups - although a lot of our friends do. I like a private taxi etc and let them worry about the plans.

You know its all about taste and good luck to people that like planning. I plan at work everyday and when I go on holiday I turn off.

My apologies for any offence - Just off on vacation in about 6 hours - and just booked car park at airport -

I have found my people, LOL! I tend to plan trips as far out as two years (I have four cruises currently booked, including a cruise booked for Jan. 2020 along with a summer trip that year to Germany). So I have lots of time to research. I think I'm driven partly by FOMO, but I like to find the best excursions, etc. for me (I generally travel solo).

Like most of you, I create a cruise planning document: the first pages are a table with my itinerary, booking confirmations, street addresses, "need to know" for each port and reservation, etc. The rest of the pages are for copying and pasting relevant information and helpful tips about the ship and the ports. I cull these from trip reviews on Cruise Critic, Trip Advisor, etc. I create a pared-down version for my trip, and upload this and other important docs to the cloud.

I have a folder dedicated to each trip in my email, for filing away all correspondence. I also have a folder in Chrome for saving links to websites as I'm researching.

I also started using envelopes for my excursions for my Alaska cruise last year: one envelope for each excursion with notes jotted on the outside, and any important tickets, etc. inside, along with the tip. I bring the envelope with me off the ship. Pre-planning the tip amount saves me from having to think about it at the end of the tour - I pull out the envelope and it's all ready to go! I bring a plastic folder with printouts of whatever I need, as well (ship maps, city maps, etc.). For me, planning is a big part of my enjoyment!!

I have found my people, LOL! I tend to plan trips as far out as two years (I have four cruises currently booked, including a cruise booked for Jan. 2020 along with a summer trip that year to Germany). So I have lots of time to research. I think I'm driven partly by FOMO, but I like to find the best excursions, etc. for me (I generally travel solo).

Like most of you, I create a cruise planning document: the first pages are a table with my itinerary, booking confirmations, street addresses, "need to know" for each port and reservation, etc. The rest of the pages are for copying and pasting relevant information and helpful tips about the ship and the ports. I cull these from trip reviews on Cruise Critic, Trip Advisor, etc. I create a pared-down version for my trip, and upload this and other important docs to the cloud.

I have a folder dedicated to each trip in my email, for filing away all correspondence. I also have a folder in Chrome for saving links to websites as I'm researching.

I also started using envelopes for my excursions for my Alaska cruise last year: one envelope for each excursion with notes jotted on the outside, and any important tickets, etc. inside, along with the tip. I bring the envelope with me off the ship. Pre-planning the tip amount saves me from having to think about it at the end of the tour - I pull out the envelope and it's all ready to go! I bring a plastic folder with printouts of whatever I need, as well (ship maps, city maps, etc.). For me, planning is a big part of my enjoyment!!

I love the saying that "we have found our people" ... it feels so good to know that others enjoy the excitement and anticipation and spreadsheet "ness" of getting ready for a cruise ... thank you all for understanding!!! Jan

Hi my name is Cathy and I too am a compulsive prepper.... [emoji16]. (This feels like a support group). I’ve done the spreadsheets, envelopes, lists, etc., etc. I use the OneNote app on my IPad with tabs for each area such as budget, itineraries, packing lists, excursions, etc. with my spreadsheets imbedded right on the tab for easy one stop reference. We just returned from an Alaskan Cruise on the Bliss and it was great to have everything planned beforehand so that I could just relax and enjoy. Something I did this trip as well was to plan outfits for each stop by day and night based on where we were going and what we had planned. I laid them all out including shoes and accessories and snapped pictures. Then using a bulletin board App I did two collages one for day looks and one for evening looks. Then snapped a screenshot of each. I could quickly refer to the pictures and grab out exactly what I needed for the day. I still packed a ton of things but mainly because of needing layers since the weather was quite cool compared to our upper 90 days this time of year in AL. I came home with maybe two items that were still clean and I believe those were a couple of extra short sleeved tops in case the weather was warmer than expected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I take many cruises with my daughters and their families. We have always made calendars with three boxes - morning, afternoon and evening clothes for each day of the cruise. Last month on our RCCL Caribbean cruise, one daughter decided we all had to coordinate our outfits ( color-wise - for photos- not necessarily the same color, but at least complimentary) I thought she was a little over the top, but the photos did turn out great!