R-Class Owner and Vista suites

Fam_Cruise

A friend and I who usually book solo cabins have booked and shared Oceania Suites on O-Class ships on occasion and had a roll away bed so we can have our own space. It worked out quite well.

We are considering a couple cruises on R-Class ships, and while I have searched CC and Googled I have had no success finding answers to my questions. As a result I started this thread to ask a few questions, with the first one below being the main impetus for starting this post:

1. Has anyone has used a roll away in either the Owner's or Vista suites on any of the R-Class ships and if so please provide some details?
  2. What are the best Owner's suites on the R-Class ships?
  3. What are the best Vista suites on the R-Class ships?

Thanks - Bob

I think they are both about the same. It seems you might have to put the roll away in the livingroom as I don't remember the bedroom being very large.
Thanks for the feedback. Interior space in an OS is 622 and VS is 533, so yes they're similar. The living room works well and is what I had in mind as we want our own sleep space.

Thanks for the feedback. Interior space in an OS is 622 and VS is 533, so yes they're similar. The living room works well and is what I had in mind as we want our own sleep space.

I will chime in since there are few responses.

We stayed in 6091 on insignia in late july. Although we did not use it I believe the sofa in the living room is a pull out sleeper. Don’t know if it is comfortable or not. There is also room to put a roll away if that would work better for you. There is a drape to pull for privacy between the rooms plus the half bath off the living room.

The suite was fine. There was some noise from anchors or something when pulling into port. The rooms above may experience less noise....don’t know for sure, just guessing.

I will chime in since there are few responses.

We stayed in 6091 on insignia in late july. Although we did not use it I believe the sofa in the living room is a pull out sleeper. Don’t know if it is comfortable or not. There is also room to put a roll away if that would work better for you. There is a drape to pull for privacy between the rooms plus the half bath off the living room.

The suite was fine. There was some noise from anchors or something when pulling into port. The rooms above may experience less noise....don’t know for sure, just guessing.

Thanks for the info as every little bit helps. When searching I found lots of discussions about O-class upper suites, but little info on details such as these for the R-class. I did see a previous reference to the anchor noise during my search, but that is minor issue as we are both early risers. Hopefully others can benefit from your insight too. Thanks again - Bob

The sofas in the Owner’s Suite on most R class ships (don’t know about Sirena, which seems to have different furnishings) convert to an uncomfortable sofa bed. Our cabin stewardess brought in the mattress from the OS sofa next door (her suggestion), which made it much more comfortable. She was going to remove it and make up the sofa every day, but we had her just leave it open as a bed instead. The sofa was less than comfortable in its sofa form anyway, and this allowed for napping. She just made it up nicely as a bed.

We were in a deck 6 OS on Regatta and the only noise was one sea day when the engines were - obviously - going all day. After a while the drone got to me. The rest of the time, no noise.

The sofas in the Owner’s Suite on most R class ships (don’t know about Sirena, which seems to have different furnishings) convert to an uncomfortable sofa bed. Our cabin stewardess brought in the mattress from the OS sofa next door (her suggestion), which made it much more comfortable. She was going to remove it and make up the sofa every day, but we had her just leave it open as a bed instead. The sofa was less than comfortable in its sofa form anyway, and this allowed for napping. She just made it up nicely as a bed.

We were in a deck 6 OS on Regatta and the only noise was one sea day when the engines were - obviously - going all day. After a while the drone got to me. The rest of the time, no noise.

Thanks for the info.

I have one question regarding the sofa bed mattress. Was the mattress from the other OS sofa bed better or did they put it on top of your sofa bed mattress, in essence doubling the thickness? Thanks again - Bob

Thanks for the info.

I have one question regarding the sofa bed mattress. Was the mattress from the other OS sofa bed better or did they put it on top of your sofa bed mattress, in essence doubling the thickness? Thanks again - Bob

Second mattress on top of original.