Water cartons are here! At least on Solstice

cruisestitch

This is all about LLP's feel good nonsense -- same with the doing away with plastic straws. Basically, it's all "much ado about nothing."

You can tell by all the responses on this thread and on the past plastic straw threads -- It's all psychological -- makes people feel good and warm & fuzzy, and it seems to be working.

That's my personal opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told by asst bar manager on Equinox that they are going to switch to glass Evian bottles.

Hmmm....wonder how this will work by the pool? We will be on board the Equinox next month so we shall see if it has changed yet. Thank you for the info!

This is all about LLP's feel good nonsense -- same with the doing away with plastic straws. Basically, it's all "much ado about nothing."

You can tell by all the responses on this thread and on the past plastic straw threads -- It's all psychological -- makes people feel good and warm & fuzzy, and it seems to be working.

That's my personal opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

This will rile everyone up but I agree.. When they do away with disposable diapers and wipes that are much worse..,..call me!

But we are going to be stuck with it.....just a find work- around.

We had these waxy water cartons at the last Hilton we stayed at in Miramar Fla, Not bad if you could pour them into a glass or paper/ plastic cup but useless on the go... At least these have caps The pull apart ones we used get our milk in in school are awful...they rip and spill.

We'll take our refillables for the gym and also bring on bottled Fiji ...along with our cache of straws!

Last night at dinner wait staff asked us to sign up for water tasting class for 30.00 per person, and then something about a wine/food pairing class would be comped if you did the water tasting. Of course my husband signed up for it without getting more information, wait staff came back saying water tasting was sold out [emoji848]. Our account shows 180.00 in charges for 3 people? Hoping to get some more information and to remind my husband not to sign up for things unless he knows what it is [emoji849].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last night at dinner wait staff asked us to sign up for water tasting class for 30.00 per person, and then something about a wine/food pairing class would be comped if you did the water tasting. Of course my husband signed up for it without getting more information, wait staff came back saying water tasting was sold out [emoji848]. Our account shows 180.00 in charges for 3 people? Hoping to get some more information and to remind my husband not to sign up for things unless he knows what it is [emoji849].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your joke is actually a brilliant idea. Sit someone down at a table with five glasses of water: tap, spring, filtered, french, and anything else. Bet they couldn't tell them apart.

I don't buy their % of plastic that gets recycled argument. That may very well be true in general. But onboard, THEY have control over whether plastic gets recycled or not. If they really cared about the environment, they would have been doing a much better job of recycling the plastic water bottles all along. They could fairly easily get to a 90%+ recycling amount with a little bit of effort. If they REALLY cared about the environment, they would not be placing pages and pages of sales propaganda on your mattress every night. Why do I suspect this has more to do with saving $$ than with the environment? (much like the BS notes hotels put out regarding re-using your towels - caring about the environment? I doubt it. Saving money? You bet)

I have used these cardboard cartons at other venues and don't like them at all! Can't easily drink from them. At home, I DO use my own tap water. However, when traveling, it is much easier to use water in bottles, particularly if your digestive system (like mine) is very sensitive to using local water, however 'safe'. Whenever I travel, if I don't use bottled water I end up with issues I would not care to describe here. This occurs even when traveling in the US. So I will continue to use 'bottled' water when traveling, even if it has to be in cartons.

I use to drink only the tap water on ships. However when I started using bottled water I no longer had swollen feet. After a few days they were very swollen. I usually drink 2 bottles of water a day and of course use the ship water with ice tea and coffee. Limiting the ship's water works.

I use to drink only the tap water on ships. However when I started using bottled water I no longer had swollen feet. After a few days they were very swollen. I usually drink 2 bottles of water a day and of course use the ship water with ice tea and coffee. Limiting the ship's water works.

And where do you think the ship water comes from? France

Your joke is actually a brilliant idea. Sit someone down at a table with five glasses of water: tap, spring, filtered, french, and anything else. Bet they couldn't tell them apart.

You aren't kidding???????? I have to hear this story.

Me too!

Penn and Teller did a BS Show using tap water. They filled all bottles with tap water and asked people to sample and rate the different bottles. As expected they would choose the one labled tap water as the worse and undrinkable but rated the others as would buy with some better than the others. When told the truth many were very angry about being made fools of and feeling that they were insulted.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I always drink a lat of tap water with no issues. Only get swollen feet in hot climates

I'm confused. Can anyone remember why manufacturers switched from cardboard to plastic bottles?

Much less expensive as I recall.

Plastic is in almost all products today. Less cost, lighter, easy to manufacture, and no rust, etc.

Penn and Teller did a BS Show using tap water. They filled all bottles with tap water and asked people to sample and rate the different bottles . . .

Is this the same one where they set up a fake restaurant and filled water bottles with a hose out back?

Is this the same one where they set up a fake restaurant and filled water bottles with a hose out back?

That is the one. Seen it a long time ago. They also set up a kiosk in NYNY doing a water survey. Shows the effect that marketing makes on perception and how gullible people can be.

One of the biggest examples is the ginsu knife. A smart man bought up a warehouse full of cheap knifes that no one wanted, Renamed them Ginsu, advertised on TV and the rest is history. Look at all of the junk that they advertise in informericials that have a Japanese type name. The lastest is that foot massager.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅