Mallorca HOHO Bus

Will be on Symphony soon and wanted to know if the HOHO bus in Mallorca is near the ship and if there are interesting places to get off an explore. Posting here since this page seems to get quicker responses that the Spain Ports page. Was thinking of doing the Drach caves but the ship's excursion says it's a 75 minute drive and 70 minutes to a pearl factory (that I have no interest in) so I'm wondering about the HOHO bus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I know that we rode the Ho-Ho bus in Mallorca but don't remember how far it was to board. We ride the Ho-Ho in just about any port that has them at least once to get the "lay of the land". I don't remember having to walk more than a block or two to board it. Google "Ho-Ho Bus Mallorca" and you should get back all the info you need: schedules, stops, circuit time, etc. Any time we are scheduled for a new port, I will google the Ho-Ho bus and that port to see if there is one and to check out any that come up.

Kay

The HOHO bus has a stop just outside the port so not far. To be honest though the only place you are likely to want to get off other than at La Seu Cathedral is Bellver Castle. The HOHO is good if you want a narrated tour around the city but not good value if you are just wanting to get into town. I would suggest a taxi or No1 bus (or walk) from the port to Palma and explore this lovely city on foot.

As for the Caves of Drach they are a great day out but a good distance to travel. You will spend a considerable part of your port day travelling when you could be exploring the old town.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will be on Symphony soon and wanted to know if the HOHO bus in Mallorca is near the ship and if there are interesting places to get off an explore. Posting here since this page seems to get quicker responses that the Spain Ports page. Was thinking of doing the Drach caves but the ship's excursion says it's a 75 minute drive and 70 minutes to a pearl factory (that I have no interest in) so I'm wondering about the HOHO bus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We always get a taxi to the cathedral for about €10.Behind the cathedral is a nice old town with many shops.

If you want to travel to a tourist resort:-

Palma Nova,Magaluf,El Arenal are nearby and easily reached by taxi.

We took the bus and ended up walking because it would take a long time to come around and when it did it would be full. Not sure if maybe they didn't have enough buses, but it was a waste of time to wait for a next bus that was also full. Then again that may have been that day and not necessarily what happens every day. It all depends how many ships are in port.

We took the bus and ended up walking because it would take a long time to come around and when it did it would be full. Not sure if maybe they didn't have enough buses, but it was a waste of time to wait for a next bus that was also full. Then again that may have been that day and not necessarily what happens every day. It all depends how many ships are in port.
That's why we always get a taxi there and back.

The shuttle drop off is 500 metres from the front of the cathedral crossing a very busy road.

We stood in the heat once for 30 minutes for the shuttle then sat on the hot bus for 15 minutes.

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 2:30 AM, travellovers2 said:

do you remember how long of a walk it is?

I wouldn't bother with the HOHO bus in Palma. We like a HOHO but this was the poorest one we have ever done. Not a huge amount to see that you can't see yourself just walking around, and the commentary was poor. The only interesting part was the castle up on the hill (assume this to be Bellvar castle referenced above), but it's not really worth the time taken to get there.

Palma itself is lovely to walk around, and I would also second the idea to take a taxi or a bus to Palma Nova or Magaluf. If you like beaches then you will be happy! Magaluf has the nicer beach in my opinion. Plenty to see in both those areas, including a great crazy golf in Palma Nova. We usually get the bus when staying in Majorca, but when short on time with a cruise stop I'd get a taxi.