Why hasn't the Escape left?

klfhngr

So far I have heard three reasons:

(1) Delayed fueling

(2) US Public Health Inspection-- time consuming

(3) Full Immigration Check for staff-- very time consuming

Unusual to do an immigration check for crew, in the middle of a home port season, isn't it?

When a ship first starts its home port season, especially if coming off a transatlantic, it may receive the 'triple whammy' of a full USCG safety inspection, a USPH inspection, and the immigration inspection....

Finally leaving! What time does it usually leave port? I will be on the ship 2 weeks from today and really want to watch as we leave the port and city, but the only reservation I could get for Teppanyaki was at 5:45 that Sunday, so I'm hoping I won't have to miss it!!!

Finally leaving! What time does it usually leave port? I will be on the ship 2 weeks from today and really want to watch as we leave the port and city, but the only reservation I could get for Teppanyaki was at 5:45 that Sunday, so I'm hoping I won't have to miss it!!!

Scheduled to depart at 4:00 PM...

Glanced at Escape's live webcam this morning, ship came up the Hudson on schedule for early/on-time arrival - docking before 8 AM, The fuel barge usually alongside & ready to transfer, unless it was delayed & on hold for whatever reasons ... thus, the delay. But, she has plenty of time and engine speed to make up the distance ... currently, passing the Ambrose Channel and doing 15 knots, not exactly in a hurry to get to Bermuda.

Was at JFK earlier to pickup family friends, airport was experiencing 3 hours delay due to (t-storms were coming across part of NYC in the afternoon) weather ... EWR was hit similarly alos vs. LGA with "just" 1 hour delay with FAA air traffic management - is it possible that they had a group or two, inbound using NCL Air and delaying the ship departure to allow time for the late arriving passengers to transfer to the pier ?? Just a wild guess on my part.

As for those onboard dinner reservation, it has zero effect - just show up as planned & enjoy supper on the Hudson.

We are doing the double digits dance ourself for the Halloween Escape - if this happen to us while onboard, rest assured that I will post any useful alert or update ... if we know or hear rumors of what :halo:

In February when my wife and I were on the BA we were suppose to leave at 3pm, we did not leave until 6pm. From what the Captain said their was an unusual amount of luggage going taken off the ship and put on. I honestly think they were very short on baggage handlers. We arrived at the pier at 9:30am and they did not have any porters. They were still loading luggage at 5:50pm