Silver moon all the way!!!

jerijkstr

My daughter and I took the SM2 excursion while we were in port. The crew was UNBELIEVABLE! Cody was so great with my daughter (11) because she was very nervous about the turtles. He was so sweet that it made her feel very comfortable about jumping in to swim with them. The skipper (Mimi, I think [emoji51]) took us to a spot to see the turtles - there were what seemed like hundreds of bobbing heads in the water - she left and took us to another spot. It was a beautiful 45m ride. We were the only boat! Kevin jumped in and we got to swim with 2 BEAUTIFUL turtles all to ourselves (only 12 people). Then we were able to swim after a delicious lunch! By this time my daughter was confident enough to jump off the back of the catamaran!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I’m thinking about booking an excursion with Silver Moon.  I was in Barbados a few years ago and we went to Harbor Lights and paid $15 to swim with the turtles and see a shipwreck off carliasle beach.  Is that the same location that Silver Moon takes you to?  Or somewhere else?  Trying to see how this super cheap excursion varies against what is on Silver Moon...

Really depends on the weather.  We’ve normally gone to two sites north of the port.  Once, because of wind and seas, we did go to the Harbor Lights location.  Love Silver Moon.  Getting ready for our fifth trip in December.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from an outing on Silver Moon (not SM2, to be clear), and it was one of the best excursions ever.

The reservations got screwed up a bit as the date approached, so we were suddenly a bit apprehensive about the entire experience.  However, the on-board crew was The.Very.Best.  The treats and dinner (we did the afternoon-into-evening cruise) were delicious, and served in a surprisingly elegant way (beautiful chargers under the plates, certainly a surprise!).

And the crew (wish I could remember their names, but I've always been horrible with names; fortunately, haven't forgotten DH's name... yet) were SO helpful, on the boat and also in the water.

One person was having a bit of trouble getting to the shipwreck (the turtles were just about immediately next to us!), and one of the crew helped her get there and back.  Nice.  They kept an eye on everyone.

We could see the turtles from the boat, too.  HUGE.  That was a surprise.

And they kept coming up for air.  I think the sight of their heads popping up briefly now and then was more dramatic from above the water.  The first time it happened was a bit of a thrill, totally unexpected. :classic_smile:

And the catamaran has 5 cabins on board.  What a luxury for those able to charter it (off season only, apparently) by the week and sail around the islands!!).

Anyway, the excursion was really special.

(And although some were concerned about return time, we were back *right* on schedule, and on the ship without any problems, well before "all aboard".)

This crew gets an A+++!

GC