Viking Ocean - Penthouse Junior Suite - Sofa Bed?

Viveash

Can anyone tell me if the sofa in the Penthouse Junior Suites on the Viking ocean ships, convert to a sofa bed?

Or if not, are they wide enough for a person 4 feet 11 inches ( 150 cms ) to sleep on?

Look forward to any info as are keen to book a cruise.

Many thanks

I would say it does not, because apparently Viking Ocean does not have any cabins for more than two guests. They also require all guests to be 18 or older. Were you hoping to move someone from another cabin into yours? Best to ask this on the board here for Viking Ocean. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Many thanks for your reply. It is so difficult to find out this type if information in regard to international cruise ships, from Australia.

No, we are not trying to add a third person. I can just be a very restless sleeper and so was hoping to be able to use the Penthouse Junior Suite (PJS) sofa to sleep on occasions, so as not to disturb my wife.

On the Celebrity ships for example, the Celebrity Suites have a sofa that converts to a sofa bed arrangement. We have done 3 cruises with Celebrity and also have 2 more booked.

But Viking Orion ( new ship ) does an itinerary from Bangkok Thailand down to Bali, which we particularly like the look of and am just hoping that the PJS sofa either extends to a sofa bed or would be suitable for me on occasions as mentioned above. Our budget does not unfortunately stretch to the Explorer Suite and above.

I am not sure how else to find out this information and so was hoping Cruise Critic members may be able to help.

Thanks,

I have been searching cruisedeckplans.com for pictures of cabins on Viking ships. Most show a king bed, and most ships have a 'king' that can be separated into twins. I have so far found one cabin with the bed separated, so if this becomes a problem, you can ask the steward to separate the beds...EM

Thanks EM and cb at sea for your thoughtful suggestions. I have however discovered a Viking Cruises contact phone number in Sydney and have been given the information I was chasing.

My thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Many thanks for your reply. It is so difficult to find out this type if information in regard to international cruise ships, from Australia.

No, we are not trying to add a third person. I can just be a very restless sleeper and so was hoping to be able to use the Penthouse Junior Suite (PJS) sofa to sleep on occasions, so as not to disturb my wife.

On the Celebrity ships for example, the Celebrity Suites have a sofa that converts to a sofa bed arrangement. We have done 3 cruises with Celebrity and also have 2 more booked.

But Viking Orion ( new ship ) does an itinerary from Bangkok Thailand down to Bali, which we particularly like the look of and am just hoping that the PJS sofa either extends to a sofa bed or would be suitable for me on occasions as mentioned above. Our budget does not unfortunately stretch to the Explorer Suite and above.

I am not sure how else to find out this information and so was hoping Cruise Critic members may be able to help.

Thanks,

If you have not yet gotten an answer - I believe that the bed in the cabins can be made up as one queen/king or divided into 2 twins upon request. We will be on the Orion from Bali to Sydney in November.

Thank you Oldiesfan for your reply to my post. I have discovered that we will have to book a higher class suite if we want what we are seeking.

I don’t know if you have been to Bali before, but we are there now and have had a great stay. Fly home to Perth tonight unfortunately :(

Wish we had another week here, because weather is beautiful.

We are have been coming to Bali many times over the years, from when the kids were quite young. Just the two of us now, but Bali still a great place for a holiday. It is only just over a 3 hour flight from Perth, which makes coming to Bali very convenient for us.

Anyway thanks again and by all means feel free to ask me any questions you may have about Bali or indeed Australia