Cruise Critic Community
warrenhull

Is this a good deal ?

Hello Everyone

Been waiting awhile now to see what the photo package gets offered at.

This is for the all digital package on a usb stick, for a 14 night transatlantic crossing.

Just got an e-mail offering it at $190.

I am from England so it's £151.99.

I think that is good, cost me $260 for 14 day Disneyworld package (o.k a lot more photographers, a lot more possibilities).

But looking at what you pay as Americans, for the digital package, arm a a good deal to me.

Am I right thinking that ?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Forums mobile app

Photos run about $30 each (although this varies by ship). You can get photos taken when you board, at each port, formal nights with many backdrops and some non-formal nights with specialty backdrops (like all white, seashore you sit on, ...). All-digital on our next cruise is $159, but again this price varies by ship and cruise length.

We buy maybe one picture total, so for us a package isn't worth it. But if you like getting your picture taken it might be. Ship pictures are not like Disney, with hundreds of photo spots and poses. Realistically you will have maybe 15 backdrops available for the entire cruise plus port shots of ship in background, staff in pirate suits and a few characters like Puss in Boots.

The big advantage of all-digital is you can print the pictures you want in any size you want. Or you can build a photo book on a site like Shutterfly. We have bought a package for a Panama Canal cruise but probably wouldn't for a TA unless it was sailing via Iceland and Greenland.

I've wanted to buy a digital photo package but on Oasis it only comes on a CD. Most computers don't even have CD players anymore. It's obsolete technology.

I've wanted to buy a digital photo package but on Oasis it only comes on a CD. Most computers don't even have CD players anymore. It's obsolete technology.

We were on Navigator and can access online and they gave us a Memory stick. No CD anymore.

OP the $199 is the best price you get. We did not regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Navigator and can access online and they gave us a Memory stick. No CD anymore.

OP the $199 is the best price you get. We did not regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately I am fairly certain Oasis still used CDs only.

I paid $249 in June on LOS and got a USB. Make sure you are aware it is YOUR responsibility to make sure they take your pictures. They don't just take random pictures.