Sirena - worn out?

Andura

On 2/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, RJB said:

Do not wish to call you stupid, but most of the people we came in contact with during our cruise agreed with my postings.  Kinda of worn our were my words without getting into every carpet and couch on the ship.  A lot looked pretty worn out.  Like my house when things need o be replaced.  WE can look and know. 

Yes, and thank you for being more specific such as the furniture perhaps both in and outside of the staterooms?  The public areas besides the furniture. The carpeting?  Scratches everywhere, etc.  RUST???  Specifics are helpful when you are about to spend thousands of dollars.

1 hour ago, Bootman4U said:

Yes, and thank you for being more specific such as the furniture perhaps both in and outside of the staterooms?  The public areas besides the furniture. The carpeting?  Scratches everywhere, etc.  RUST???  Specifics are helpful when you are about to spend thousands of dollars.

No rust and not awful.   Not everywhere but enough that we could notice it.  Not the end of the world.  Could live with it in my house but know some things are in need of replacing. 

I cruised the Sirena in December to Cuba for a week and thought the old girl looked marvelous and that the overall food and entertainment were great for a smaller ship. I do prefer the O ships to the R ships but the itinerary was worth it.  We had a basic veranda cabin and it was clean and not tatty. Red Ginger was amazing and we often preferred the casualness of The Terrace to the MDR. I didn’t notice worn furniture in any restaurant nor in the library where I hung out one afternoon. Spa was immaculate. 

There was a certain group of people from a certain geographical location that seemed to complain about everything and treat the wonderful staff poorly.  I would much rather have gotten rid of them than any cabin or restaurant furnishings.  

If you go looking for the good things you will certainly find them on the Sirena.