Exclusive luggage drop off Southampton

amcwaterfalls

We are about to board on 1st September and have been offered the exclusive. DH blogs live so we'll let you know what happens.

It is only available to PH and RS so a very limited number. Our shore side call said there had been problems with groups with one PH/RS all trying to use it. We're traveling with another in a celeb suite - but, despite actually being the disabled member of our party and the one least able to manage luggage - she will have to use the normal drop off. ABP parking are great - but the thing with the exclusive is that your bags are prioritized on board. That said - we are always in RS or CS and the bags have always arrived early anyway.

We'll let you know!

I used this service in Miami last year when it was just getting started. Worked very well. Will use it again in Miami when we sail in 2 weeks. I really wonder why they don't include Celebrity suites in this program. Really doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. A couple of extra trolleys of cases but would be a nice perk. Celebrity suites don't seem to get much special given the cost difference from a Sky suite.

Are you on the Eclipse by any chance leaving 11 Sept? If so we will be on board with you. We are in our first RS and were kind of hoping the Special Delivery service would be available in Barcelona, but I guess it probably won't be.

Had the phone call from the Shoreside Concierge last night and he told us to look out for the Special Delivery area in Barcelona - so it looks like it does exist there. Fingers crossed, he is right!

Had the phone call from the Shoreside Concierge last night and he told us to look out for the Special Delivery area in Barcelona - so it looks like it does exist there. Fingers crossed, he is right!

We don’t cruise until 23rd...let us know if the system works!

Have a great cruise!

Hi again Yorkshire-Pudding

I emailed Carrie late yesterday to say that I had heard from someone currently onboard and said that the luggage delivery service from Southampton doesn’t seem to be working as she described it but I haven’t had a reply. I will let you know if I hear from her.

We haven’t eaten at Lawn Club Grill before either so looking forward to trying it this time. We have booked Tuscan Grill for the first night then Murano for evening 3. On past cruises we’ve mainly eaten in the specialty restaurants but want to try and eat in Luminae a bit more this time.

Take care, Amc

Hi,

I followed up with an email to Carrie of our experience. If they can get it to work, it would be a great service. I guess new launches of any service has teething problems.

One other thing. A tip. If you have a copy of the Celebrity brochure effective from the time of your booking, you may find it helpful to take it with you on your cruise. Just in case there is a difference in any amenities received!

Best wishes

YP

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Thanks Yorkshire-Pudding.

There’s obviously something you’re not able to talk about on here from your last paragraph - hope you’ve sorted whatever it is and it’s not spoiling your cruise.

I’ve not had any reply from Carrie so I will see if the luggage delivery has improved when GastroGnome tries it at the beginning of September.

Take care Amc

.........One other thing. A tip. If you have a copy of the Celebrity brochure effective from the time of your booking, you may find it helpful to take it with you on your cruise. Just in case there is a difference in any amenities received! .......

We are booked on the Norway cruise sets off on 1st Sept. I booked this one in Nov 2016. Has some thing changed?

Hi,

I followed up with an email to Carrie of our experience. If they can get it to work, it would be a great service. I guess new launches of any service has teething problems.

One other thing. A tip. If you have a copy of the Celebrity brochure effective from the time of your booking, you may find it helpful to take it with you on your cruise. Just in case there is a difference in any amenities received!

Best wishes

YP

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I think this often happens if you book a long while in advance. Things do change over time and communications from Miami to ships can be erratic and we do sometimes get more from this forum than from Celebrity direct.

We called Carrie about the exclusive drop off - simply because we have a disabled passenger with us and need to understand the port layout.

For some reason she is never at her desk.....

Hi everyone

I’ve just received a response from Carrie. This is the main part of it:

I was informed that the error happened with the terminal staff and have been assured this will not happen again. I believe this was a new terminal employee who was not familiar with the system we have in place as a list with all the guests’ names is sent to the pier before each sailing.

Our team has also ordered a review of the luggage delivery onboard to make sure that the luggage is delivered on time for our suite guests. I will also have additional information to send to you about a different location for this drop off as they are changing it in order to make the process a bit easier. Once I receive that information I will be sure to reach out to you again.’

Sounds like they are getting things sorted. Amc

I had a very informative phone conversation with Carrie this afternoon in which said she was talking to the port people to try an sort out any problems and that we should get an updated email shortly.

One thing she did say which surprised me was that this exclusive luggage system had been in place at Southampton since Silly arrived back in April?

I followed up on Amc comments and emailed Carrie a couple of days ago. I am pleased to hear that this will be addressed for those sailing out of Southampton. We travelled with more that 7 large suitcases so it was irritating schlepping that amount of luggage around.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I had a very informative phone conversation with Carrie this afternoon in which said she was talking to the port people to try an sort out any problems and that we should get an updated email shortly.

One thing she did say which surprised me was that this exclusive luggage system had been in place at Southampton since Silly arrived back in April?

I am afraid that the shoreside experience YP had does not really surprise me. For the last 5 years we have done B2Bs on different ships in Florida which are sometimes in the same port and sometimes involve moving from Miami to Fort Lauderdale of visa versa and not matter what we are promised by the MC concierge when you leave the customs area the ship people are done with you and the help you have been promised is non existent as there is probably only one shoreside person who really knows that you are coming.

You do a whole lot of hanging about waiting for something before you are eventually dealt with. It is not what you expect when you are in a suite on one ship moving to a suite on another.

In March we were on the Eclipse for the 14 night cruise and were then moving to the Silhouette, which was originally leaving from FL but changed for 2 cruises to Miami. I thought, wrongly, that this should be easy. Despite getting the terminal supervisors number and despite being promised transport from terminal to the other one we and another couple, one of whom was in a wheelchair, we had to walk complete with our luggage. We are in Florida for 4 weeks and we have a lot of luggage to cover that period.

On arriving in the next terminal again no one knew what was happening, where we had to go and were bossed about by a young lady who had an attitude problem who also had no clue what was happening. We were made to check in with the masses rather than in the suite area, then bussed down to Bayside as the ship had emptied in FL and was sailing empty to Miami and was not in Miami when we left the Eclipse. I had even contacted the shoreside concierge to make sure that they were aware of us transferring from ship to ship but Miss Bossy boots overrode everything.

You keep expecting that they will get it right but the shoreside staff are only interested in getting people onto coaches and those like us are a pain to them but if they just put us on a taxi we would be happy.

Every year you say it must get better but it doesn't. We have solved it next year as the B2B is on the Silhouette in the same cabin. Surely that must work!!

Penthouse suite on Summit last week out of NJ. Bags tagged with second 'special delivery tag' at noon and at 6 pm I was pulling them out of a long line of general bags down the hall and dragging them to my cabin.

Have a great trip.

It's a good idea but we have also noticed issues. Carrie told us about it when we had a RS in April, and we were told to go through the doors on the left, rather than the right, and found it hilarious that both doors led through to the same area! Then there was no "Special Delivery" sign, but a port employee I spotted did help us with an expedited check in service.

Last week in Civitavecchia we arrived at the port with friends who were staying in the PH (and so had been told to use the Special Delivery service) and they went to a employee standing next to the sign, and were told it wasn't open yet! Again quite amusing.

Great idea, but not always well delivered.

Travelling light then YP ;):D
Lol. In my defence the weather in St Peter's Port at the start of the was a pleasant 20 degrees. We are now heading to Iceland and it is 10 degrees. Dry and bright but a lot cooler. A girl has to pack for all eventualities!!

A lot of folks are still dressing for dinner and at last night's Evening Chic we did see some black tie. Lots of gentlemen in suits. No ball gowns but some gorgeous ladies dresses. Anyway. It's always a good excuse to get the jewellery out so you need a nice dress or two.

Gordon,

I will email you when I return home.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

If anyone is still interested in this thread, Carrie says that the luggage delivery service has been sorted out and it looks like a new drop off point is being organised. She says she has contacted those on the September 1st sailing and will be in touch after that to let me know where the drop point will be. Gastrognome, I hope it works out ok for you as I believe you are on this next sailing.

If anyone is still interested in this thread, Carrie says that the luggage delivery service has been sorted out and it looks like a new drop off point is being organised. She says she has contacted those on the September 1st sailing and will be in touch after that to let me know where the drop point will be. Gastrognome, I hope it works out ok for you as I believe you are on this next sailing.

We've just received the new details. I'll post back on Saturday to let you know how it goes.

basically the change is....The suite luggage drop-off area will be located just outside of the terminal entrance. Make your way to coach bay 1&2, where you can park and drop off your luggage.

Directly in front of coach bay 1&2 a large “Special Delivery” sign will be displayed to the left of the entry doors to serve as visible confirmation that you are in the correct place. After dropping your luggage you may continue on to check in or to the car park to drop off your vehicle. .. so you park drop bags go and park again?

We're in a taxi but I'll ask around to see how the ABP bit works.