Transfers to Airport in Venice

ShariC

Hi all,

First time posting for me!

We're a group of 6 ending our cruise in Venice. I was interested in booking a transfer from the cruise ship terminal to Marco Polo Airport. There seems to be so much information out there that I'm having trouble determining the best (and reliable) option.

I was curious about when to pre-book, who to book with, and when we're likely to get off the ship to determine when to request pickup. Our flight leaves about 1:00 pm.

Many thanks!

For a group of 6 we pre booked a water taxi which was as cheap split between us as a standard car and much more fitting! Worked fine. There is quite a walk from the water taxi station at the airport to the building.

If you have the time, the trip by water is interesting. The "motor boat" (speedboat) water taxi shared with 6 people would be reasonable and fast, direct with no stops. The slower boat service with many stops is the water bus. you can get information on both by going to this site: https://www.veniceairport.it/en/transport.html

Click on the motor boat or the water bus logos in the "Transport" box on the right side of the page.

Both of these transports have a dock right in the center of the cruise ship docking area. Easy to walk to from the ship.

There are new docks and a new access to the airport terminal from the docks that was opened in November 2016. Much shorter than access to the main terminal than mentioned in one of the above posts.