from fll to pom with baby

cary1306

I would make sure to use a carseat, yes. Personally, I'd bring a proper rear facing car seat along with you. It's a total hassle, but you can check it for free. They sell bags on Amazon that you can buy that make it a bit easier. I would not put my 1 year old in a car without proper restraint.

You are required by Florida law to have a car seat for your 1 year old if you are in a car, taxi, limo or Uber. The law changed a few years back to now require this. My husband commutes almost daily from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and sees accidents almost daily. i would never drive on 95 without a 1 year old in a car seat.

Others will come in with cheap alternative to get down here that have done that. There are various shuttle companies and car services. I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend.

You are required by Florida law to have a car seat for your 1 year old if you are in a car, taxi, limo or Uber. The law changed a few years back to now require this. My husband commutes almost daily from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and sees accidents almost daily. i would never drive on 95 without a 1 year old in a car seat.

Others will come in with cheap alternative to get down here that have done that. There are various shuttle companies and car services. I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend.

A bus would be an option. Looking at the statute it would need to be 26,000 pounds or more to be exempt. Not sure if shuttles fall in this category. But possibly a larger shuttle bus? Just a thought.

What’s cheap? An UberX for up to four people is $35. Use a car seat as mentioned and try not to have a ton of luggage, but carry bags in your lap in the car if you have to. It’s less than 45 minutes in the car.

What’s cheap? An UberX for up to four people is $35. Use a car seat as mentioned and try not to have a ton of luggage, but carry bags in your lap in the car if you have to. It’s less than 45 minutes in the car.

UberX is only required to fit 4 people besides the driver and we have had many that are small so it's tight. Unless an UberXL grabs the ride, the car will not fit 4 people, a car seat and the driver!!

UberXL is going to be needed and there is no way to ask for a car seat so one will have to be brought.

UberX is only required to fit 4 people besides the driver and we have had many that are small so it's tight. Unless an UberXL grabs the ride, the car will not fit 4 people, a car seat and the driver!!

UberXL is going to be needed and there is no way to ask for a car seat so one will have to be brought.

You’re right, I missed the + one year old rather than there’s four with a one year old.

I presume you're going end of Sept early Oct based on your countdown.

Rental car pickup FLL drop off MIA full size car $50 I've seen vans in these months going for $60.

Alamo is who I use. If your a Costco member extra discounts plus 2nd driver free. There is also many discount codes you can find online.

Alamo, national, enterprise and thrifty offer free shuttle to cruise port when you drop off rental at mia airport.

Super cheap and easy.

You can do the same returning. Have a reservation with Alamo print it out bring with you on cruise. When you get off ship shuttle picks you up, show them reservation and of you go to mia airport. Get your car then drop it off at fll airport

ty everyone I called south florida shuttles and provide carseat and $70 for all shared shuttle . about $14 each person

That's great. thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know the outcome. It will help anyone else in your situation.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

ty everyone I called south florida shuttles and provide carseat and $70 for all shared shuttle . about $14 each person

You're very welcome....glad I could suggest it to you. We did it as a private shuttle and they were amazing...hope it works out as well for you.

Just remember they'll bring the car seat but you have to (install) strap it in...a liability issue...and we thought this was perfect, then we knew it was good to go....easy and quick to do.

• 2 months later...

Curious about that rate for the UBER as I am getting totals of 80+ 

we are a family of 4    2 adults  2 kids.   it seems to be cheaper if I find non shared rides vs the shared rides.  (why do i pay 15.00pp for the 2 kids and get told to put them on my lap)  

Shared shuttle fares typically START at about $15 per person - who gave you a quote of $80 :classic_unsure: and from where to where?  If you are paying full fare for them to ride they should not be sitting in laps, which is not safe and probably violates the seatbelt requirements.

UberXL or a minivan/SUV taxi from FLL to POM should run about $75+tip and you do not need to wait to pick up/drop off others.