La Romana - outdoor amphitheatre show??

Harleygrrl

Hello, all,

I have read some great comments about the amphitheatre show "under the stars" in La Romana, Dominican Republic. Our Atlantica cruise sets out from there on January 16 and we'd like to take in the show if possible.

Can anyone confirm that we would have time to catch the show and return to the ship in time for a midnight sailaway? We can't catch the show on the flipside as we're not staying on in the D.R. and have to get our flight home.

Someone wrote that the show ends at around 11:00 ??? But I have no concept of the time or distance back to the ship afterwards and I don't want any panic. :eek: For all I know, this could be a Costa-sponsored event and they make darn sure you're back for the sailaway, but what do I know....

I appreciate any info offered. Thanks!

HG

200601161740_5.gif

The show is available through the ship as an excursion, so they would make sure that you are back for sailaway. My question is, when exactly is the show. We are supposed to have the early sitting for dinner. Will we be able to have dinner and still make the show (I do love to eat:D.) Can anyone tell me what type of show it is? Would our 9 and 17-year-olds enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Thanks Twaincruisers and Hadleys9538 for your responses. If it's available through the ship then yes that makes sense they'll have you back for midnight sailaway....thank you....

Hadleys, that's a good question as well...we've got the early dinner seating too.

Can anyone advise of the departure time from the ship and arrival back? Is there time for early seating dinner? I don't know about other Costa itineraries but for us this will be our arrival night so I wonder if settling-in confusion could delay things.... GOTTA EAT! :p

Thanks again for any further advice!

Thanks Twaincruisers and Hadleys9538 for your responses. If it's available through the ship then yes that makes sense they'll have you back for midnight sailaway....thank you....

Hadleys, that's a good question as well...we've got the early dinner seating too.

Can anyone advise of the departure time from the ship and arrival back? Is there time for early seating dinner? I don't know about other Costa itineraries but for us this will be our arrival night so I wonder if settling-in confusion could delay things.... GOTTA EAT! :p

Thanks again for any further advice!

there is time for early dinner seating.. late seating would go to the buffet or check with the maitre d if there is room at early seating for that nite.. but don't miss the show. at the amphithteater. its wonderful

The show is available through the ship as an excursion, so they would make sure that you are back for sailaway. My question is, when exactly is the show. We are supposed to have the early sitting for dinner. Will we be able to have dinner and still make the show (I do love to eat:D.) Can anyone tell me what type of show it is? Would our 9 and 17-year-olds enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

9 and 17 year old will love the show.. its hi energy, has fireworks and you get to go on stage and dance with the cast after the show.. tip.. keep on walking down the steps.. you can always get a place to sit real close.. they give you cushions to sit on and the theater itself is just amazing.. the kids will love it.. its like being at a rock concert..

Hello, all,

I have read some great comments about the amphitheatre show "under the stars" in La Romana, Dominican Republic. Our Atlantica cruise sets out from there on January 16 and we'd like to take in the show if possible.

Can anyone confirm that we would have time to catch the show and return to the ship in time for a midnight sailaway? We can't catch the show on the flipside as we're not staying on in the D.R. and have to get our flight home.

Someone wrote that the show ends at around 11:00 ??? But I have no concept of the time or distance back to the ship afterwards and I don't want any panic. :eek: For all I know, this could be a Costa-sponsored event and they make darn sure you're back for the sailaway, but what do I know....

I appreciate any info offered. Thanks!

HG

200601161740_5.gif

it is a costa shore excursion and they will get you back to the ship on time for sailaway.. they will not leave without you ..

it is a costa shore excursion and they will get you back to the ship on time for sailaway.. they will not leave without you ..

Indeed. Your safest bet would be to book the excursion with Costa, they do not leave if the guests of a "Costa-booked" excursion aren't back yet on the boat.

For your dinner seating, don't worry - maybe you can skip a dinner and opt for a buffet instead. I know that with the Classica, there was pizza (amazing pizza) served at 17:00 every day. The line was a bit long to get a seating (average 20 minutes I would say), but it was worth it. Besides, you get to chat with people while your waiting, so it is not a problem. I don't know if it is the same principle on every Costa Ship.

I had also loved the pasta at the buffet. They made it fresh in front of you, to your liking. And the parmesan cheese was out of this world.

Thanks, everyone. Well, I'm a little disappointed and confused. We now have our tickets and the section on Excursions basically starts with the Catalina Island tours (our first port). There is nothing offered by Costa for La Romana in the ticket booklet. It's a 4:30 p.m. check-in and a midnight sailaway so you would think there'd be time?

I'm going to try to call Costa today to find out why it's not offered.

Thanks everyone for their input and the photo was beautiful! Thanks!

HG

Archived