Pullmantour MS Horizon 10/03-24/03

fosie

2 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Stay warm Liz & Maria,I see it's minus 15 in Toronto today..We have  30 C here all week.

Only 5 weeks to go.

We are having  quite the freeze... right now it's -18C but with the windchill factor it's in the minus thirties.... we could use a few of your +C degrees.

BRRRRRRR...

3 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Stay warm Liz & Maria,I see it's minus 15 in Toronto today..We have  30 C here all week.

Only 5 weeks to go.

Thanks, Duncan.  We could really use some warmth from down under.  Not only is it bitterly cold, we had a foot of snow yesterday.  Just recovering from shovelling.

I’m waiting to hear back from ABC on the availability of one of our tours.  I’ll email you in a couple of days.

Liz

7 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

I booked the complete plan,seems like a bargain for 15 days.

I would book it now to lock it in at this price.

Indeed a great bargain, Duncan, especially for 15 days.  You are always on the ball.

You also get free wifi with your suite, but I don’t think that covers you when you are outside the waves lounge.

I notice the package you purchased also allows you to download Netflix movies.  Wow!

Cruiserdotcom, we always take our tablets with us on a cruise.  Couldn’t travel without it.  Great storage for books and tour confirmation backups.

I can’t remember noticing a computer area on the Monarch, but I didn’t really look for one.  I have no info re the Horizon.  

BTW Did you get your Abu Dhabi tour booked as yet?  We are doing that on the 7th from Dubai.  

Anyone used Rayna Tours before?

Liz

3 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Thanks for the heads up--just signed up.  Have you seen any comments regarding the facilities for ship-board computers, access, connections or lack thereof?  Are you bringing your own tablet?

The ship has WiFi connections and would have computers to use....always best to use your own.

There is no doubt the wifi price qouted is wrong..its the same as the 7 day cruise price .

I take a tablet & phone for internet use.

48 minutes ago, Northbay said:

Indeed a great bargain, Duncan, especially for 15 days.  You are always on the ball.

You also get free wifi with your suite, but I don’t think that covers you when you are outside the waves lounge.

I notice the package you purchased also allows you to download Netflix movies.  Wow!

Cruiserdotcom, we always take our tablets with us on a cruise.  Couldn’t travel without it.  Great storage for books and tour confirmation backups.

I can’t remember noticing a computer area on the Monarch, but I didn’t really look for one.  I have no info re the Horizon.  

BTW Did you get your Abu Dhabi tour booked as yet?  We are doing that on the 7th from Dubai.  

Anyone used Rayna Tours before?

Liz

The free WiFi in waves is a good perk,but 15 days without it in my cabin would

be unbearable....lol

I think these internet  prices will go up onboard....sweet deal.

5 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Thanks for the heads up--just signed up.  Have you seen any comments regarding the facilities for ship-board computers, access, connections or lack thereof?  Are you bringing your own tablet?

Computer room is on deck 8.

Screenshot_2019-02-05-05-48-28.png

Liz et al,

Just booked (to pay the driver) the OceanAir Travel tour from our cruise terminal to Abu Dhabi (1/2 day), on March 10.  Still up in the air regarding Burj Khalifa and will wait some days to see what Accuweather predicts--was some question of cloudiness during our days in Dubai

1 hour ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Liz et al,

Just booked (to pay the driver) the OceanAir Travel tour from our cruise terminal to Abu Dhabi (1/2 day), on March 10.  Still up in the air regarding Burj Khalifa and will wait some days to see what Accuweather predicts--was some question of cloudiness during our days in Dubai

The problem in Dubai is sand haze ,I would book tickets to Burg Khalifa in the pm to hopefully clear skies.

Tickets are alot cheaper if booked early...aprox $45 p/p.

Liz et al,

I had looked at Oceanairtravels too, but just booked with Viator for the 7th.

17 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Pullmantur online check in is open...couldn't see anywhere for check in times.

You have the option to put your insurance details in too.

I just finished  checking -in...I didn't see any "check-in" times either.