Cell Phones in China

jow623

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on the oct 7 undiscovered China. I am bringing my iPhone. Verizon is charging $70 a month for phone dialing and texting. I am not planning on turning on any WiFi or using free China WiFi. I am going to download a VPN in case I need it for emergencies but VPN is illegal in China. From what I read, the government will read everything coming and going and you aren’t allowed and social media or any google (including gmail). I’m just tuning out but my kids can text if it is something urgent. Nothing political.

We are going on the oct 7 undiscovered China. I am bringing my iPhone. Verizon is charging $70 a month for phone dialing and texting. I am not planning on turning on any WiFi or using free China WiFi. I am going to download a VPN in case I need it for emergencies but VPN is illegal in China. From what I read, the government will read everything coming and going and you aren’t allowed and social media or any google (including gmail). I’m just tuning out but my kids can text if it is something urgent. Nothing political.

If you are only using the phone for emergency contact, then why not look at Verizon's pay by the day plan (TravelPass)?

I’ll have my phone for pictures and so the kids can text something urgent since we will be gone over a month. Not using VPN to read emails or anything else. Just have VPN in case of an emergency (maps or something) .