Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

There is an Azamazing Evening on all cruises of over a week except for transatlantic cruises. They show up on your Voyage Planner as a zero priced excursion. They don’t necessarily show up a long way ahead. There is always room for everyone. Azamara ask that you book the event if you want to go to it. They say they will charge you $100 if you book then don’t turn up, but I’ve never heard of anyone being charged, and I’m not sure how they would know as they don’t give out tickets.

You can book it beforehand or book it once you get on the cruise. They sometimes ask you at embarkation if you will be attending the Azamazing evening.

11 hours ago, hcbunner said:

Thanks for the info and for all your time and effort on the Roll Call and this page. See you soon. 

The Azamazing evening on the Norway Journey cruise is a concert in Trondheim’s Nicaros Cathedral. It’s on your Voyage Planner for booking.

😄

Are sparkling water (any brand is fine) and iced tea available with the complimentary beverage package?  I see that the Ultimate Drink Package includes Perrier but we have no need or desire for an upgraded package and I don't need my sparkling water to be Perrier.  

I've been doing some searching on here and can't determine a definitive answer as it seems the upgraded packages usually get brought into the conversations so I can't determine whether the answers are in regards to the complimentary package or upgraded package.  I also find it odd that there isn't any mention of water, juice, coffee, tea (drinks I'd typically assume are included) here: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages  and I am sure that information is somewhere on the website but I just can't find it.   

21 minutes ago, minabruuke said:

Are sparkling water (any brand is fine) and iced tea available with the complimentary beverage package?  I see that the Ultimate Drink Package includes Perrier but we have no need or desire for an upgraded package and I don't need my sparkling water to be Perrier.  

I've been doing some searching on here and can't determine a definitive answer as it seems the upgraded packages usually get brought into the conversations so I can't determine whether the answers are in regards to the complimentary package or upgraded package.  I also find it odd that there isn't any mention of water, juice, coffee, tea (drinks I'd typically assume are included) here: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages  and I am sure that information is somewhere on the website but I just can't find it.   

I know you can get all the water, juice coffee, and tea you can drink.  Not sure about the sparkling water.  I don't buy the upgraded package and have never been thirsty.

34 minutes ago, minabruuke said:

Tea, including green/fruit teas, coffee, including speciality coffees such as cappuccino, latte, macchiato etc are included as complimentary drinks,  and so is sparkling water. I’m not sure about Iced  Tea as it’s not something I drink, but I’m sure someone else will post the answer.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Tea, coffee, including speciality coffees such as cappuccino, latte, macchiato etc are included as complimentary drinks,  and so is sparkling water. I’m not sure about Iced  Tea as it’s not something I drink, but I’m sure someone else will post the answer.

3 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

I know you can get all the water, juice coffee, and tea you can drink.  Not sure about the sparkling water.  I don't buy the upgraded package and have never been thirsty.

Thanks to both of you!  As long as I have access to sparkling water and tea then I am happy:)  I strongly dislike beverages with any sugar or sweeteners unless they are naturally sweet (fresh squeezed juice...yum!) but plain old still water can get a bit boring.  My husband will be very happy to hear that specialty coffees are included.  

3 minutes ago, minabruuke said:

Thanks to both of you!  As long as I have access to sparkling water and tea then I am happy:)  I strongly dislike beverages with any sugar or sweeteners unless they are naturally sweet (fresh squeezed juice...yum!) but plain old still water can get a bit boring.  My husband will be very happy to hear that specialty coffees are included.  

The Mosaic Cafe is a great stop for those specialty coffees, as well as yummy pastries and snacks! 😊

21 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The Mosaic Cafe is a great stop for those specialty coffees, as well as yummy pastries and snacks! 😊

21 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Iced tea is an included beverage.

Thank you both so much!

Wow, I am impressed with the quick and helpful responses on this board:)

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

There are binoculars in your cabin, but they are poor so bring your own if you think you’ll need them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering on sea days do you see other ships, whales, maybe dolphins? Its our first cruise.

Thank you for starting this!!  We are Celebrity loyalists but are considering Azamara.  Many fellow cruisers we've met on Celebrity have encouraged us to try Azamara for the smaller ship experience.  We are E+ on Celebrity so our status would carry over nicely.  I'm subscribing to this thread! :classic_biggrin:

31 minutes ago, sparkopotamus said:

Thank you for starting this!!  We are Celebrity loyalists but are considering Azamara.  Many fellow cruisers we've met on Celebrity have encouraged us to try Azamara for the smaller ship experience.  We are E+ on Celebrity so our status would carry over nicely.  I'm subscribing to this thread! :classic_biggrin:

Take the plunge!  The smaller ships are great!

3 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

I’m trying to determine whether Aza has robes and slippers in the staterooms or if we need to pack our own....when I search robes I get a million different cruise line responses.  Thanks.

There are robes and slippers in the staterooms.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, sparkopotamus said:

After having, just taken "the plunge" our selves (aboard the Quest) to Alaska last month, we would whole-heartedly suggest you give it a try.  We thoroughly enjoyed our first Azamara cruise, despite a couple of "hiccups".  We are considering when/where to take our next Azamara cruise.

This is based upon having previously completed well over a hundred cruises (over 1300 days) aboard various cruise lines, to all seven continents.

NRayH

On 7/8/2019 at 7:33 AM, sparkopotamus said:

LOVE your name!!! Too fun!!! We too have and still do sail on X...but I think you will love AZ as well...and as you say our E+ "loyalty" level does transfer over!! Give it a try...I think you will enjoy it as much as we do!!! LuAnn

7 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

After having, just taken "the plunge" our selves (aboard the Quest) to Alaska last month, we would whole-heartedly suggest you give it a try.  We thoroughly enjoyed our first Azamara cruise, despite a couple of "hiccups".  We are considering when/where to take our next Azamara cruise.

This is based upon having previously completed well over a hundred cruises (over 1300 days) aboard various cruise lines, to all seven continents.

NRayH

NRayH...so glad you enjoyed your first cruise on AZ!! I had read many of your posts...and was hoping you would find it as great as we have!!...yes...there are always "hiccups"...but we have found the ship/staff and fellow CCers to just be "our cup of tea"!! Let us know what you decide to do next!!! LuAnn

14 hours ago, LuAnn said:

NRayH...so glad you enjoyed your first cruise on AZ!! I had read many of your posts...and was hoping you would find it as great as we have!!...yes...there are always "hiccups"...but we have found the ship/staff and fellow CCers to just be "our cup of tea"!! Let us know what you decide to do next!!! LuAnn

Currently trying to convince my lovely wife to try the South Africa itineraries.  It is proving a "tough sell", as was Antarctica an number of years ago (when we could actually make landings there) -- today, she recalls it as one of our favorite itineraries.

We shall see what turns up.

NRayH

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ray in NH said:

Currently trying to convince my lovely wife to try the South Africa itineraries.  It is proving a "tough sell", as was Antarctica an number of years ago (when we could actually make landings there) -- today, she recalls it as one of our favorite itineraries.

We shall see what turns up.

NRayH

We loved South Africa, a cruise would be good but you would need a land tour to really do it justice.

We did a organized tour and then returned the following year to do a driving tour, still one of favourite holidays.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

We loved South Africa, a cruise would be good but you would need a land tour to really do it justice.

We did a organized tour and then returned the following year to do a driving tour, still one of favourite holidays.

Having a difficult time convincing her about an Azamara cruise -- an extended land tour may be an insurmountable undertaking.  Perhaps she might reach the same conclusion that you did (extended land tour), after a successful cruise?   One step at a time.

Time will tell

NRayH

• Like 1