Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, what is the luggage tag policy? Will the cruiseline snail mail them to me? Or is that no longer the way they do things?

I believe once you have done the online check in, you can print them out. They no longer mail them.

Betsey

Thanks...I finished my check in today.....have my Xpress Pass right here.  My cruise is in April.  I don't see anywhere that you can order them in the mail.  I have the paper one that printed after my Xpress Pass. Guess  I will get them at the Pier.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

Azamara will mail you nice sticky luggage tags about a month before your cruise. Received mine last week for a cruise in March. Have never seen a place to order them.

Thanks, ahhhh...ok, I will just wait and see what happens:classic_biggrin:

Lois,

Just so you’re prepared, be ready to bring your tape and paper tags. I’ve been on 2 Azamara cruises and have never received the sticky tags in the mail!  I too keep thinking I must have missed a checkbox somewhere!  One of those mysteries..

48 minutes ago, debcip said:

Lois,

Just so you’re prepared, be ready to bring your tape and paper tags. I’ve been on 2 Azamara cruises and have never received the sticky tags in the mail!  I too keep thinking I must have missed a checkbox somewhere!  One of those mysteries..

Found on CC -

A link to request 'real' luggage tags will appear about six or seven weeks before your cruise on that same on-line check-in page. Just click on the link, fill in your name, address, etc., and the luggage tags will arrive in the mail in a week or so. As others said, they aren't necessary but they're easy to obtain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, debcip said:

Lois,

LOL....bring tape? I would rather just have them at the pier than to bring tape with me.:classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

LOL....bring tape? I would rather just have them at the pier than to bring tape with me.:classic_biggrin:

Only US customers can request luggage labels to be posted.  Others only get the ones you print yourself. You can buy luggage label holders on Amazon that fit the printed ones perfectly, so no need for tape. Just buy the holders that say they fit Royal Caribbean labels.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:30 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Only US customers can request luggage labels to be posted.  Others only get the ones you print yourself. You can buy luggage label holders on Amazon that fit the printed ones perfectly, so no need for tape. Just buy the holders that say they fit Royal Caribbean labels.

Why did I never think to look for this?? Thanks Host Grandma!

On 2/18/2019 at 5:39 PM, Lois R said:

Thanks...I finished my check in today.....have my Xpress Pass right here.  My cruise is in April.  I don't see anywhere that you can order them in the mail.  I have the paper one that printed after my Xpress Pass. Guess  I will get them at the Pier.

Lois R....I couldn't find a place to order on line so I called Azamara and received nice luggage tags within a week.  Called about 1 month prior.

Art

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve been told that Azamara no longer mail luggage labels out to anyone. If people do manage to get them they’re probably just using up labels they have in stock.

Wow, when did this happen? We got luggage tags in December for our January cruise.

I downloaded the rather good Azamara app for our first cruise with them next month. There is a piece amongst all the good information which says: "Your luggage arrives at your stateroom one hour after we sail. Pack a small carry-on bag with travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, workout clothes, and medications"

Is this correct? Other cruise lines we have sailed with, from big to small, deliver luggage well in advance of this. Or is this just the very latest it can arrive? 

I think that’s probably the latest it will arrive. We’ve had ours at all sorts of times. Sometimes very soon after we can get into our cabins, sometimes a bit longer - and once I had to go and hunt for a case and found it further down our corridor.

It also depends when you embark. We usually embark at the eatliest time possible.  I guess if you leave it to the latest possible time( which I think is usually an hour before sailing), then your luggage will obviously be later to your cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry, I don’t know - maybe someone else will. My suspicion is that there won’t be suitable connections, but I don’t know.

Thank you for your comment.  I will ask the cruise line directly as well as ask on the main boards